Downsizers Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Linda, yes he has lost some too, about 20 pounds. Hope it's ok, I'm weighing in early - packed the scale and can't get to it until we get home. Weighed in this morning before we left:

PW: 160.6
    CW: 159.8

That’s great you guys are on the road to a healthy life together. Welcome to a new decade. Have a safe trip home!

HA! I entered this decade a short while ago, but just for a short trip. I don't count it until I hit the xx7 spot, then it usually stays there.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 159.0
    CW 157.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,145 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, this is Megan's daughter. Wanted to let everyone know that she has been admitted to the hospital. Her leg swelled up like a balloon.She will be having another emergency surgery.Please keep her in your thoughts.thank you Alyssa

Thank you Alyssa! Megan, you are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Thank you so much ...it hurts like H3ll ...but I am managing
  • RoblinB
    Options
    Ok, no more beating myself up. It’s over and done with. On to the next week! 😁💪
    @rainyrae I always think moments like these flex our fledgling maintenance muscles! There is always going to be spaghetti and garlic bread in my world after I have "arrived" at whatever weight finally seems right. There are going to be celebrations and concessions and less-than-optimal moments. I always want to see those numbers fall week to week (and congratulations that yours did!) but I really think that learning to handle my feelings (and subsequent decisions) when it's not full steam ahead is a key thing I have not yet learned. I love your attitude, that you decided to post your weight anyway, and that you shared this with us. That is a success in itself.

• RoblinB
    Options
    Weight loss isn't always linear and as long as I stay consistent, I'll see the results I'm looking for on the scale. I've been seeing the difference in my body and definitely have more muscle and strength along with lost inches. I won't let this number get me down. I'm disappointed but will push through mentally because in the past, this "setback" would cause me to spiral, but I'm only feeling resolve.

@FindingSamMon I had the same type of "setback" two weeks ago, and I understand the tendency to end up fully spinning out of control. Way to grasp that resolve!!! You are clearly moving forward and the scale WILL come along!

• RoblinB
    Options
    @aneedlecraft and @liketoyak Hey! Those are some pretty lovely losses! Congratulations!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,521 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Linda, yes he has lost some too, about 20 pounds. Hope it's ok, I'm weighing in early - packed the scale and can't get to it until we get home. Weighed in this morning before we left:

PW: 160.6
    CW: 159.8

That’s great you guys are on the road to a healthy life together. Welcome to a new decade. Have a safe trip home!

HA! I entered this decade a short while ago, but just for a short trip. I don't count it until I hit the xx7 spot, then it usually stays there.

I feel the same way.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    @megan_smartiepants1970 Are you home? Hope the surgery went well and you feel better soon. Thinking of you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

So I debated asking for a pas on weighing in this week because I had a moment last night and had spaghetti, garlic bread and wings for dinner when I normally do not eat any starchy carbs after my lunch. Well, it shows this this morning. Yesterday I had weighed and I was at 194.3 and I thought “yay!”…until this morning. Oh well here I is my Saturday weigh stats…

PW 195.7
    CW 195.2

Ya, I know…still a loss and yes, I am happy for that! It’s just that if I would have kept it in check, it would have been better. Ok, no more beating myself up. It’s over and done with. On to the next week! 😁💪

We posted at the same time. As I said before one of the best things I learned from a therapist was that we need to have compassion for ourselves. I still find it hard to do that but it is true. We will all have missteps. Any bloat you have from the carbs will be gone in a day or two. You can take a pass but it’s better to report your weight no matter what the scales say.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 159.0
    CW 157.8

Congrats on the loss!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,145 Member
    Options
    @megan_smartiepants1970 Are you home? Hope the surgery went well and you feel better soon. Thinking of you.

Yes I am at home ...I too hope the surgery went well .. 9 surgeries is way too many ...Thank you so much :)
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate
    2/4 4,382 - None
    2/5 8,152 - 20 minutes
    2/6 8,526 - 30 minutes
    2/7 7,486 - 20 minutes
    2/8 5,512 - 30 minutes
    2/9 7,700 _ 20 minutes
    2/10
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,182 Member
    Options
    The February Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb 11th, running through Saturday, Feb. 17th. Please join us for Fifteen for Fitness. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10909403/february-week-2-group-challenge-fifteen-for-fitness#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    MyChoiceisaGoodLife Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Weigh-in Day: Friday 2/9 /24

PW: 160
    CW: 159

Dang! Late again! I will set a reminder to record weight on Fridays. :(
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK

PW: 141.2 pounds
    CW: 139.7 pounds
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    @Lessennan hang in there my friend.. its early in the month. Let's lock in and finish with a bang my friend🔥
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

So I debated asking for a pas on weighing in this week because I had a moment last night and had spaghetti, garlic bread and wings for dinner when I normally do not eat any starchy carbs after my lunch. Well, it shows this this morning. Yesterday I had weighed and I was at 194.3 and I thought “yay!”…until this morning. Oh well here I is my Saturday weigh stats…

PW 195.7
    CW 195.2

Ya, I know…still a loss and yes, I am happy for that! It’s just that if I would have kept it in check, it would have been better. Ok, no more beating myself up. It’s over and done with. On to the next week! 😁💪

Next week's loss will be bigger- you did great 👑
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 159.0
    CW 157.8

Frig yeah!💪🏽💪🏽
  • NachDeezy
    Options