Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    It sounds like we also have some de-cluttering mini goals happening with the Shape Shifters!

@pupowl - I'm in the USA. There are a few charities that take donations and will pick-up. Is that an option in your area for the stuff in your garage?
    Another idea - in my area on Facebook, we have a community neighborhood group that is a free swap.
    Or maybe you can have a garage sale?

I have a few piles of things I need to take to Goodwill.
    My brother left some furniture in my garage. My cousin recently bought a house. I offered her the furniture my brother left; it's a china cabinet and buffet. She will pick it up soon. I'm looking forward to all of these things gone.
    I noticed several of us are doing the declutter bug. I myself have been doing it for awhile now. I'm a 100 disabled veteran but I go a couple days a week normally to work in a thrift store. I bring in stuff there all the time prior to this knee surgery. I'll be glad to get back there in a month.

@Armygirlarmyof1 I bet they will be glad to see you as well! <3
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Greetings Shape Shifters!

What mini goal is motivating you right now?

For me, my goal is to run a minimum of 35 miles during the month of February!
    40 or more miles would be great!

That’s a great goal! I used to be a runner (pre-babies) and ran 10K almost daily, but I honestly haven’t run in over 5 years.

My mini goal would be to get back into running (or at least jogging) this spring.

@tatilove1988 Hi!

6 miles a day! Wow!

Have you heard of SMART goals?
    Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.

Spring starts March 19th. Is there something specific and achievable you can do in the next month to get back into jogging/running?

I’m a get up and go type of person, which I guess is great when I have motivation and willpower to do it. Not so great when I’m not motivated and feel completely drained after a day with my 3 preschoolers lol

I’ve never heard of SMART, but I’ll google it for sure. Right now I’m trying to do the atomic habits (the book) method in my personal life. Could work for running as well.

I had a major setback the past few weeks (illness), but I’m so ready to get back.

I think the specific thing I can do to help me reach my running goals would be to carve out a specific time each day when I know I’ll have the energy to run/jog. Start slowwww (maybe nice long walks for the next month) to build up my cardio and get my legs ready to run.

What do you think?

@tatilove1988

3 tiny humans can be draining on your mental, emotional, and physical energies. I struggle with the motivation and willpower so I am working on my self-discipline. In an interview, Mel Robbins said motivation is garbage. If we wait around to be motivated, then what?
    Determination > Motivation.
    I strive to find the balance of self-compassionate, self-discipline, and determination.

Atomic Habits is on my to read list! Are there any excerpts from the text you can share with the group?

Setbacks happen and the future is uncertain. There will be other obstacles and road blocks. I hope you are recovering from your illness. Little steps as we take care ourselves.

It sounds like you have a busy days with 3 preschoolers. I think planning your run/jog around their care is important.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW: 136
    CW: 136
    Not surprised with the non-movement on the scale, I haven't been walking lately, plus I ate out of my norm this week as well, oh well. Feels like the "winter blues" just need to get back to routine and stay motivated!
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW: 136
    CW: 136
    Not surprised with the non-movement on the scale, I haven't been walking lately, plus I ate out of my norm this week as well, oh well. Feels like the "winter blues" just need to get back to routine and stay motivated!

Hi @JenHul - I hear ya on the winter blues! I am looking forward to days with more sunlight. ☀️ What is a mini goal that you can work on to help with the motivation?
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    FWSWCindy
    Week 2 Step Goal: 10,000 a day average for the week
    Sunday - 10,453
    Monday -
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday –
    Thursday –
    Friday –
    Saturday –
    Weekly 1 daily average =
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85 a mini goal of mine this week is to pack healthy meals for work. Usually I just grab and go without much thought into Macros or thinking about healthy options. Still working on water goal, that is always a long term goal of mine!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday💥💥💥
    yy4z0taoicbm.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85 At this point, I have about 22 miles completed after today's walks, so not bad for it being the 12th. I won't have any trouble completing the 50 miles I have planned...thanks for asking! Can't wait to see how you finish your running goal too! We'll cheer each other on for sure!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    @pupowl Please EXC me from today's weigh in. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Cyncia85
    edited February 13
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    @Cyncia85 a mini goal of mine this week is to pack healthy meals for work. Usually I just grab and go without much thought into Macros or thinking about healthy options. Still working on water goal, that is always a long term goal of mine!

Water is long term goal of mine too! I'm perpetually in need of water. lol
    What's on the menu this week?
  • Cyncia85
    Options

Good Day Shape Shifters!

Sharing an article on 'food fraud.' What are some of your thoughts on this article?

How to Find Real Honey, Coffee, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, and Maple Syrup

https://experiencelife.lifetime.life/article/how-to-find-real-honey-coffee-extra-virgin-olive-oil-parmesan-cheese-and-maple-syrup/
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,306 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 2/11: 10,712
    Mon 2/12: 10,343
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Good Day Shape Shifters!

Sharing an article on 'food fraud.' What are some of your thoughts on this article?

How to Find Real Honey, Coffee, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, and Maple Syrup

https://experiencelife.lifetime.life/article/how-to-find-real-honey-coffee-extra-virgin-olive-oil-parmesan-cheese-and-maple-syrup/

I knew all of that but it still peaked my curiosity. Evoo is costly and many ppl don't want to spend the money on it until they find themselves in a medical situation or similar situations and then they kick themselves for not doing it sooner. I pay around 35 to 40 dollars for the evoo I get.

As far as honey, besides the anti-inflammatory benefits, local honey from your honey bees also help with allergy benefits. I always tell others to get with someone who is a honey bee keeper. You'll taste the difference literally.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Wk 2 - Sun, Feb 11
    PW: 169.8
    CW: 169.8
    Gain/Loss: -0- same
This discussion has been closed.