Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW 252.4
    CW 255.2 (it is what it is..I am done trying to figure out my body)
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    MyChoiceisaGoodLife Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so patient with me! I need a break, and quite possibly the group needs a break from me while I look for my motivation. I'm feeling guilty and silly for not losing weight but just maintaining it.

I'll be back when I figure it out. Good luck to all~
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 217.0 (was as high as 219 this week!)
    CW: 216.2

Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: I really dislike how much the scale controls our moods. I've been pissy the last few days because it was either going up or just staying the same. Finally after three perfect days...it moved in the right direction. I was on the treadmill this morning and this song came on ...and I was "there"...

I do my hair toss
    Check my nails
    Baby how you feelin'?
    Feeling good as hell ~ Lizzo

- THOUGHTS: Eliminate the mindset of can’t — because YOU can do anything.

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate
    2/11 11,549 ST-none
    2/12 3,249 ST - none
    2/13 7,074 ST -30 min
    2/14 8,503 ST - 20 min
    2/15 7,466 ST - 30 min
    2/16
    2/17

@Nachdeezy ~ Great work and results. Those plateaus are tough. Hang in there!

@Slimmersixties~ Congrats on being back home and the loss. It's got to be hard when you're on the road.

@megan_smartiepants1970 ~ Stay the course, the scale will catch up.

@Mychoiceisagoodlife ~ Good Luck to you. I understand your feelings. I've been losing the same pounds for quite some time but I feel a bit more determined this go-around. I know what will happen if I stop trying...it won't be pretty. Come back when you're ready!

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    Ending January - 215.8 (7.8)
    2/2 215.8
    2/9 217
    2/16 216.2
    2/23
    3/1
    Total
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 186 lb
    Cw 184.8 lb

Loss 1.2lb

Very happy as I'm back at my house and decided if i can lose weight in the rv I can do it at home too! It's so easy when your head is in the right place! Long may it continue 🙂🙂

Nice work!! Welcome home 💜
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 you are correct... haven't had a gain yet since I started.. if it happens I have no idea how ill take it haha
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Steps: 4,245
    Rings: ❌
    Exercise:3/5
    Badge: 11/20

PW 152.8
    CW 151.8

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 234.6
    CW: 232.8

Step Goal: 6,000
    2/11 - 6,297
    2/12 - 6,107
    2/13 - 5,945
    2/14 - 6,157
    2/15 - 6,278

Way to do it💪🏽
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Friday Weigh-In

[/spoiler]

Way to go my friend 🎉
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Feb 16, 2024)
    PW: 241.3
    CW: 241.5

Rough week at work but I'm through it (mostly - I have to work the weekend for a big presentation on Monday morning). I've had a terrible cough for about a month now and I'm tired of it (so is my wife) so I'll be calling the doctor on Monday. Outside of that, we had a wonderful valentines day and we're hosting a couples house hopping valentines day get together. We're hosting desert so we're the last stop on the tour with 4 other couples - should be fun.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    How is it possible to be 2lb heavier this morning than i was yesterday :(
    I will not let that lying heap of junk scales rule my life and set my mood for the day!
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    PW 179.6
    CW 180.2
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 159.8
    CW: 158.8
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options

PW 152.8
    CW 151.8

I am glad my weight came down from the 156 that I weighed on Monday. Considering I was away from Monday to Wednesday I did good. I am doing some mini walks today. My plan is to make sure each walk is at least 10 minutes or more. I have had a sore throat for a few days. It is worse today along with my asthma. The funny thing is I don’t feel sick. Hope it stays that way. 🤞 It’s time for another walk.

It’s Friday! Have a great one.

Nice loss and from Monday it’s amazing! It always feels good when it comes back down and a bit more for a weigh in. Great work! I hop you don’t start feeling more I’ll as well. Maybe it’s just drainage causing the sore throat? I did the workout. It was 3minutes of walk sits for me having 3 E’s in my name so then I did my husbands for more of a variety. I actually took a screen shot of it to just pick names randomly for something different several days a week. Thanks for sharing!
  • rainyrae
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Sorry! Yesterday morning was super busy. I did weigh in:

(Thursday)
    PW 126.8
    CW 127.2

Is previous weight our starting weight, or the weight from the previous week?

I still have not found my motivation... I always wake up every morning really motivated, and then somewhere between 2:00-6:00 PM it all goes out the window. I'm pretty happy with my current weight, too, so that is part of the problem. Why lose those last few pounds when I'm close enough? But, I do want to lose a few more. It would put me in the middle of my Normal BMI, and I would like the way my clothes fit better. Here is my new goal: to pre-log my afternoon/dinner food every morning or the night before.

That’s how I track every day. I start with dinner since that is the meal that I will be having with my family and then fill in breakfast and lunch with what I have left. I hope it works for you as well!
  • rainyrae
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

Recap: I really dislike how much the scale controls our moods. I've been pissy the last few days because it was either going up or just staying the same. Finally after three perfect days...it moved in the right direction. I was on the treadmill this morning and this song came on ...and I was "there"...

I do my hair toss
    Check my nails
    Baby how you feelin'?

- THOUGHTS: Eliminate the mindset of can’t — because YOU can do anything.

ST = Moderate
    2/11 11,549 ST-none
    2/12 3,249 ST - none
    2/13 7,074 ST -30 min
    2/14 8,503 ST - 20 min
    2/15 7,466 ST - 30 min
    2/16
    2/17

@Slimmersixties~ Congrats on being back home and the loss. It's got to be hard when you're on the road.

@Mychoiceisagoodlife ~ Good Luck to you. I understand your feelings. I've been losing the same pounds for quite some time but I feel a bit more determined this go-around. I know what will happen if I stop trying...it won't be pretty. Come back when you're ready!

2/2 215.8
    2/9 217
    2/16 216.2
    2/23
    3/1
    Total

Great loss!
    I was up this week too before coming back down for a loss. I completely understand the affect the scale can have on our moods and like you if I am spot on it will come back down. What I’m trying to learn from that is that I can splurge a little once in a while for a meal but for me, that should be it and then I should get right back to it. So do your hair toss girl, you can do it!
  • rainyrae
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Great work!
  • rainyrae
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Saturday weigh in
    PW: 195.2
    CW: 194.1
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so patient with me! I need a break, and quite possibly the group needs a break from me while I look for my motivation. I'm feeling guilty and silly for not losing weight but just maintaining it.

I'll be back when I figure it out. Good luck to all~

I can move you to support. My advice would be to keep weighing in. I have taken time off over the years it has taken me to get to goal. Guess what, I gained weight every time. I have had others also do this with the same results. I went through a stressful period 3 years ago and I gained 35 pounds. The team was nothing but kind to me. I lost it eventually and they support me through losing it again. We are here for you know matter what your decision is. You will find your motivation eventually. Keep trying small changes. Once you got the small change down pat, make another. I know for me personally and I am sure lots of others, weight loss is one of the hardest things I have done. Trust me when I say, I have dealt with some pretty hard things. I think our motivation is always there. We just need to keep digging until we find it. Best of luck to you and let me know what you think about going on support for know or keeping on weighing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Sorry! Yesterday morning was super busy. I did weigh in:

(Thursday)
    PW 126.8
    CW 127.2

Is previous weight our starting weight, or the weight from the previous week?

I still have not found my motivation... I always wake up every morning really motivated, and then somewhere between 2:00-6:00 PM it all goes out the window. I'm pretty happy with my current weight, too, so that is part of the problem. Why lose those last few pounds when I'm close enough? But, I do want to lose a few more. It would put me in the middle of my Normal BMI, and I would like the way my clothes fit better. Here is my new goal: to pre-log my afternoon/dinner food every morning or the night before.

Previous weight is the week before. How much more weight do you want to lose? I understand how you feel. My family doctor doesn’t want me to lose more but I know my clothes would fit better with another 10 pounds. Also, it will make a big difference in my back pain. Those last 10 ponds I lost made such a big difference in my body shape and pain. Back to you, have you thought about maintaining for awhile and seeing how you feel? I started maintaining and then made the decision to lose more. Then went back to maintaining. Who knows, eventually I may decide to lose 5 or 10 pounds more.

Your goal is an amazing one. I have pre logged my food for a long time. Sometimes I log a week in advance as I make a menu each week. I come to the group for the most part everyday. Before I enter the community I log my food for the day.
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 234.6
    CW: 232.8

Step Goal: 6,000
    2/11 - 6,297
    2/12 - 6,107
    2/13 - 5,945
    2/14 - 6,157
    2/15 - 6,278

Amazing loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited February 17
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW 252.4
    CW 255.2 (it is what it is..I am done trying to figure out my body)

Keep weighing each week until you figure it out. Maybe holding water from the iv when you were in hospital? I think I heard someone in the group say they had an issue with that.

Friday Weigh-In

I do my hair toss
    Check my nails
    Baby how you feelin'?

- THOUGHTS: Eliminate the mindset of can’t — because YOU can do anything.[/spoiler]

ST = Moderate
    2/11 11,549 ST-none
    2/12 3,249 ST - none
    2/13 7,074 ST -30 min
    2/14 8,503 ST - 20 min
    2/15 7,466 ST - 30 min
    2/16
    2/17

2/2 215.8
    2/9 217
    2/16 216.2
    2/23
    3/1
    Total

Nice loss! Yes the scales can be a mood killer. When I weighed on Monday and it was 156.8 and I had to report this as my weight in another group, I was devastated. I was ready to let this ruin my day. I finally said enough is enough, put a smile on your face and keep with the plan. We certainly cant make the scales say what we want but we can sure control how we react to the reading. That song will be going through my mind all day.

NachDeezy wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 you are correct... haven't had a gain yet since I started.. if it happens I have no idea how ill take it haha

This is an amazing accomplishment. I am sure you will handle with grace being the positive person you are.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Feb 16, 2024)
    PW: 241.3
    CW: 241.5

Rough week at work but I'm through it (mostly - I have to work the weekend for a big presentation on Monday morning). I've had a terrible cough for about a month now and I'm tired of it (so is my wife) so I'll be calling the doctor on Monday. Outside of that, we had a wonderful valentines day and we're hosting a couples house hopping valentines day get together. We're hosting desert so we're the last stop on the tour with 4 other couples - should be fun.

You work to hard. Your Valentine’s Day sounds amazing. It would be so much fun to do that. I must remember that for some occasion.
    How is it possible to be 2lb heavier this morning than i was yesterday :(
    I will not let that lying heap of junk scales rule my life and set my mood for the day!

Wow, your the third person to mention scales and mood. I am up a pound this morning. We can’t let it bother us. I know my friend only weighs herself a couple of times per week because it bothers her so much. Put the scales in the corner and give it a good talking too. As for me, I know why I am up. I ate a few too many bits and bites. Lots of sodium. .
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Getting closer to goal each week. Remind me of your goal weight.
    rainyrae wrote: »

PW 152.8
    CW 151.8

I am glad my weight came down from the 156 that I weighed on Monday. Considering I was away from Monday to Wednesday I did good. I am doing some mini walks today. My plan is to make sure each walk is at least 10 minutes or more. I have had a sore throat for a few days. It is worse today along with my asthma. The funny thing is I don’t feel sick. Hope it stays that way. 🤞 It’s time for another walk.

It’s Friday! Have a great one.

Nice loss and from Monday it’s amazing! It always feels good when it comes back down and a bit more for a weigh in. Great work! I hop you don’t start feeling more I’ll as well. Maybe it’s just drainage causing the sore throat? I did the workout. It was 3minutes of walk sits for me having 3 E’s in my name so then I did my husbands for more of a variety. I actually took a screen shot of it to just pick names randomly for something different several days a week. Thanks for sharing!

Just lost my whole book I wrote. The short version is, congrats on the loss this week. Yes you are right about the drainage. I have had a sinus headache for a few days so it’s my sinuses. Explains the weird taste like metal I am getting. Hubby figured it out. The asthma is just a coincidence. The workout looks fun. I am going to try and do it with some modifications. All you can do is try.
This discussion has been closed.