Food inspiration, or what's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking strong brewed black tea with milk. My mom took it that way, from her grandmother (nanny) who immigrated from England. I've been drinking it at night at work (albeit decaf). Decaf Tea is way better than decaf coffee BTW.

On a related note (maybe), I've not had caffeine in nearly 4 months and I don't find I miss it. I used to drink a liter or more of coffee daily. I am debating wether I will reintroduce it or not. We brew freshly roasted, Ground at home coffee that is so good. Decaf coffee is just not where it's at.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Ah....

My God Dog's owner is in love with rye bread from Winnipeg - he introduced me to it this past week. A fan who was in town from Winnipeg went to see his show on Thursday and brought him a loaf of said rye bread - but actually only brought a half loaf because, he apologized, he couldn't resist eating it on the way here :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    Options
    Just can’t get into tea - coffee all the way I guess. The only time we had tea is when we had colds or respiratory infections. Hot tea with honey and lemon and maybe a touch of whiskey 🥃.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Went in for my blood tests this morning in anticipation of my annual physical next week. There was fasting of course. Afterward hubby and I went for a quick breakfast out. Breakfast on a bun at Whataburger- bacon🥓 egg🥚, cheese 🧀 - 350 calories of goodness. And lots of black coffee ☕️strong enough to strip enamel from your teeth. 😬
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    I've not heard that saying before! That is some coffee :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Coffee sounds adequate!!!😘
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Now THAT guy is a KEEPER!

Wow dude!

RESPECT!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yup a funny face almost every day. He is definitely a keeper - had him for nearly 50 years! The most endearing things aren’t the grand gestures. It’s the little daily things that warm your heart …..
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I had a donut this morning... because I could CHEW IT.

I could, so I did.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    hmmm... was it a good one? :wink:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    hmmm... was it a good one? :wink:

Yes it was! Strawberry glazed. Yum!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 244 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Made some porridge with almond milk and cacao powder … meant to taste chocolatey? Wasn’t really. Some stuff needs to be sweet!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I admit to....
    liquid sucralose (because really it does have 0 to 1 calorie in any reasonable amount but that's not necessarily true if you take the powdered forms!)

I've also noticed erythritol in costco. I like the taste but there WAS a "scary article" in recent memory specifically mentioning it.

But chocolatey with cocoa DOES work.

You could even do a satchel of carnation light (45 Cal) for sweet chocolatey-ISH :wink:
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Breakfast was simple - banana pancakes ( just bananas & eggs & with added blueberries for Bunnies - was ok!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Good bunny call!

Decided to go get some baby potatoes to boil and add to my California veggies and TWO "cartons" of dr Oetker not really 50 Cal unless you're a little birdie mousse!!!
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Brunch was English - piece of bacon, a sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms & an egg - oven baked with blob oil - reckon 400 cals ( minus bit sausage for Jess) & about 6 1/2 g carbs.
    Supper is leftover veggie pie - hopefully defrosted & baked for crusty top or will be nuked. 250 cals & 13g carbs.

Nice & easy.

Dr Oetker here is baking products - like prepared mixes for cakes …..cake, veg & potatoes sounds .. erm …interesting!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Dr Oetker here is frozen pizzas if you go by shelf space--and number of sub-brands

BUT... they also do low calorie mousse and "full calorie" puddings and mousse (shirriff brand). https://www.oetker.ca/en_CA/products/s/desserts/dessert-mixes

But a bit annoyed at the pretend calories and gymnastics needed to get to the contents of a box (such as 5.38x or 5.3x of the listed servings size)

The dry powder came in at 212 Cal and 161 Cal. In the end not sure how happy I was by the divergence from tried and true pudding! But it was a not terrible change!

Considering whether it is worth my while to invest into making my own tapioca (requiring COOKING!!!!!)

• Creamtea42
    Options
    Good morning all - got another day here starting with some sunshine as opposed to rain! 🤗

I could blame Dr Oertker for starting my me off baking as a kid; my mum used to buy them for us kids to make to keep us out of her hair!

Yeah, working out the calories in stuff can plot and deceive! I no longer log food on MFP as the discrepancies in database drove me nuts - back to journallling with pen & paper here!

No to.Tapioca ….really put of this recently - Taiwanese put it into their cold teas and call it “ bubble” -HTG … it is reallly awful, big blobs of gloop via a drainpipe sized straw… apparently really trending! Ugh!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 14
    Options
    Bubble tea for the extra calories!!!🤣

The puddings don't have bubbles, do they?

I log on CRONoMeter (caloric restriction optimal nutrition is the CRON part)

For now database remains a bit better. You can also manually click on the little star to favorite the entries you want and limit your search to them only or use multiple partial words (eg Cal mix veg, or pre ch bu for president choice butter chicken--this is handier on phone than desktop)

Of course journaling let's you reflect on more.