Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Yay, go Laurie!

What an awesome week, on both the scale and plantar fasciitis front! A scale victory AND a NSV!

I used to suffer from plantar fasciitis and it's not fun! And then one day it just went away all of its own accord (presumably linked to my weight loss...).
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    edited February 26
    Options
    I think my weight gain brought it on...but can't quite credit its lessening with weight loss yet? It might also involve the better eating though? Less inflammation with less refined grain/sugar intake? That coincided with this exercise.

I've been doing sets of 20 of these lifts - three times a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtbHpEZxDlg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    Have you purchased your new scrubs yet, Nic? Can't have your pants falling down on the job :)

The beauty of scrubs is... Drawstrings!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    But....eventually drawstrings will not work! :) Imagine that!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    But....eventually drawstrings will not work! :) Imagine that!

LOL. I have plans to go look for new scrubs soon.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    264.4 today. 100lbs down since August 29th, only 100 more to go, lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Well Nic... if it wasn't for the fact that @Bella_Figura has already been named SPLAT Garfield by none other than myself...

and if it wasn't for the fact that she quite deserves to keep the title since I consider the 10lbs or so she has regained to still represent a pretty good SPLAT with not quite even a baby bounce... but I digress

Anyway. YOU Ms Nic are doing a pretty darn good imitation of a downward falling Garfield... so I very much so hope you also go SPLAT! (without bounce-backs OR injuries!)

Well done so far Ms Nic!!! Keep on keeping on!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to concede the SPLAT crown to you Nic - you certainly deserve it!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    This is the only place in the world where we would celebrate success with a SPLAT crown :) But I imagine it looks might fine on you, Nic! Congratulations :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    What's wrong with a Garfield on the way down?!?!?!?!?! :smiley:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/dbd315ab178243f83cf1a72547ce3816/tumblr_n5y1a35YC21ro8ysbo1_500.gifv

*Garfield being a representation of weight. No harm intended to real or fictional characters. Your mileage may vary. Kids don't do this at home unless it is weight related and you stick the landing!
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 29
    Options
    Week 1 - 2/29/24 (Thursday)

SW - 304.6 (1/31/24)
    LW - 205 (in spring 2022)
    GW - 165
    CW 301.4
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Glad you're here Rashell! It really sucks owning up to a regain and look at you doing it. It's the only way to keep moving forward. Please stay and participate in the other threads because we'll always learn from each other.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    Options
    What Laurie said! We’re all here looking forward to a smaller future.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    261.6 today. And I'm so sore from starting with the weights that I may have some water weight masking, lol
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Forgot it was weigh in day today :) until after two teas and breakfast (mugs of builders tea no less :)) Wasn't going to weigh myself then - so tomorrow! :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You have a special day for that? I used to be religious about not touching coffee or anything till I was ready for the scale.... these days I do tend to forget and hit the coffee ahead of time sometimes! This HAS led to some eeeeeeeek moments before I remember that each mug is 420g of charcoal colored water!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Forgot it was weigh in day today :) until after two teas and breakfast (mugs of builders tea no less :)) Wasn't going to weigh myself then - so tomorrow! :)

For me it’s weighing daily. Sure it’s up and down. Mostly up lately! But weighing and going back to my previous meals gives me a bit of insight. Salty or restaurant meals 👆🏻. Careful eating 👇🏻. Injuries 👆🏻. Fewer snacks 👇🏻. 👆🏻👇🏻👆🏻👇🏻👆🏻👇🏻👆🏻👇🏻

What I can’t seem to get back to is consistent losing. My calorie allotment is 1200 for loss. I try for 1350 daily but with life’s vagaries even that often doesn’t get me through the day. The less you weigh the less calories you get to play with. I’m not totally sedentary but obviously concessions must be made for age. It’s a battle with exhausting myself or going to bed hungry.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Those certainly are not a lot of calories to play with, Yooly. Doesn't give you much buffer. You'd like to think easier on the grocery bill, but as we all know good quality, lower calories options are more expensive.

I used to weigh myself daily - but am trying this once a week idea instead. Trying for a manageable - not obsessive :) approach - not sure if this will work. I have this fantasy that I will find a life long system that will induce something close to "normalcy" - consistent healthy weight with regular consideration of my daily diet but not giving it most of my daily focus. Not sure why I think that I will find normalcy on the weight management front when I haven't found it on so many other fronts :)

My weight fluctuates quite a bit too - not surprising when it fluctuates 5 pounds in a day (occasionally more lol). Like you Yooly, I'm pretty clear on what to expect when I step on the scale. But even still - those higher days wear me down a bit. And sometimes it is problematic to get to the scale, take off the clothes and weigh myself BEFORE tea/breakfast...lol. So I have picked Mondays because Sundays are my most stable, standard eating/activity day. Pretty well the same week after week. I'm sure there are days in the week that might be lower. Certainly some that will be higher. But Mondays will probably be closest to "real." And if I miss Monday there is always Tuesday.

That's what I think this week.

Maybe will adopt a completely different approach in a few weeks !

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Numbers for today :)

Start - 285.4 lb - 2021 01 01
    Goal - 175.0 lb
    Last Check In - 253.2 lb
    Today - 252.4 lb

Not including last weeks bump - that was virus weight :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    My bump up was the verrry salt laden pho I had for lunch on Saturday. I had a small supper. But weight was up 2 pounds over night. 🥺.