Beccaboo's Lower Carb Challenge and My Daily Tasks for Long Term Success

Options

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the blood work! Mine will be coming up in a couple months and my cholesterol is a bit edging into higher numbers. Weirdly, my good cholesterol is so high that doctors don’t get wired about the bad cholesterol number. Of note, there is some correlation of higher cholesterol with higher elevation. Something related to more red blood cells or something to compensate for lower oxygen, which impacts the measured or calculated cholesterol numbers. Not that the cholesterol guidelines change up for elevation.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I worry about my triglycerides. And my A1c.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Pretty well. I need to stay on top of things.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    I will never have an LDL below 100. Even when they had me on statins, I was 150. The worst part is it decreased my good HDL from 60 to 21! My doc at the time said, yes, statins will do that.

My HDL is now a healthy 56 again.

I've gone low on the BG the last 2 nights and am adjusting my meds. 66 BG woke me up several times each night.

Today, I've averaged 104 BG. I think I will go have that popcorn with butter! 😆
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Love popcorn!! I hate statins.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Well, still dragging my butt but I am over that intestinal thing.

We hired some nice ppl (known them a long time and their work is fair priced and impeccable) to do our plantings in the backyard. We are putting in big hostas that bloom, plus some barberry plants.

More clumping grass is going in the front surround under our holly tree.

They will be putting in a raised bed along the garage and pavers on the outside of it to make a path down to the back.

I am going through a depressive episode too, so I am just trying to get chores done and hope to walk outside some. I am overwhelmed, but will work on trying not to be. 😆
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Benny wants to buy me some new hostas. Sending a hub and a prayer for you, Becca. Yes, try to get outside some. It does help.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Thank u, Tish. I sat outside for a good amount of time yesterday, enjoying the backyard. Today, I cleaned my hobby (and dog) room thoroughly. I meant to do more before night, but got into playing a game on my phone. The dogs are no longer sneezing. lol!

I forgot to take my trulicity, but took it today. My BG went up about 100 points so I knew something was up. I've never forgotten to take it. Now, I set a recurring alarm to take it each Saturday.

Fell off my daily consumption of vitamin the past two days. Forgot to take my B12 shot too.

Made a wonderful low carb chicken and tofu ginger soup. So glad I know how to cook!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I hate when I forget my meds - so important. I can sure tell it too.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Watched a great video about MS and what vitamins to take:

Multivitamin
    D3
    Probiotic
    Flaxseed oil

My sister was right to urge me to take a probiotic. I am so reluctant to do so unless I'm on an antibiotic.

Been eating some higher carb items that I'd rather not, but overall doing pretty well.

Depression is the pits. I don't want to leave the house, even on a pretty day. I just need to force myself.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I find it hard to leave the house sometimes too. The longer I am away from people the more I want to avoid them.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    @beccaboo1276414 How's it going? Haven't heard from you in a bit. Maggie
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    @beccaboo1276414 How are you doing? Hanging in there?
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    @beccaboo1276414 Just thinking about you. You doing ok?
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Thank u for checking in with me. I'm still here. 😊

My diabetes med has a shortage so I'm back to tracking every carb and making sure that it not processed for the most part.

I dropped by fresh market and picked up a veggie box of asparagus and red bell pepper, along with a rotisserie chicken, and have good whole foods for the past two days. All I had to do was steam the veggies. Delish! $22, dinner for two, for two days. Nice!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Yikes. That is terrible on the diabetes meds. I wish Benny were more agreeable to eating asparagus. He likes rotisserie chickens from this one place but they are so expensive now.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    💕

LC, so far so good.
    Exercise, finally, walk today and good workout at PT yesterday, walking stairs too...getting some laundry done.
    Will be able to pick up my new prescription late Monday or early Tuesday.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    good job!
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Been on rybelsus for a week now, as trulicity was out at the pharmacy. It's a rougher drug to take it orally rather than a shot (nauseous), but it is better after about a week. Heck, I'm just happy to have the substitute drug. It keeps me in a healthy BG range unlike insulin, even though my LC eating has been on point.

PT is going okay, but I cut back on doing my homework when I was ill. Have to get back to that.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    My husband and I have realized that it is always something to deal with, healthwise. Can’t get a drug, a drug not being covered by insurance, etc. Sorry you’ve had to struggle with a lot, no med, side effects with new med, being ill, doing PT…you seem to be dealing with it well. Hugs