Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa Yeah it was glorious lol. I don't ever get to do that, but since I had a headache, I did. It is feeling better, thanks! You know, that happened to me yesterday (the so-much-to-do-I-freeze) and what helped me is to just make a priority to-do list. I hope today is better for you! And congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I really was. It feels better today, thanks. No, it's not possible to catch up here on the walking pad: I don't have a laptop and I use a desktop to catch up here. I don't have a standing desk. And I need to hold onto the handrails or I'll fall off (I'm really clumsy) but thanks for the idea! I'm glad you think you are starting to pull out of it. Oh gosh, I would have a hard time at Mountain Mike's. Good luck!

@laurelfit57 Oh good! I don't do well working out in the afternoon (I have a long commute and by the time I get home, I only have 2 hours before I go to bed to make dinner, eat, and relax...sometimes only 1 1/2 hours, depending on traffic). I think once my foot starts feeling better, I can walk on breaks at work. But this darned foot hurts so badly, I don't know when that will be. And thanks about my headaches! I'm so glad Time had a good time out. LOL about the blueberry, she looks really puzzled! :D I love her jacket. Thanks for sharing!

@19shmoo69 Thanks. No, it's not: I told Laurel above, but I have a long commute and only 1 1/2 - 2 hours when I get home to make dinner, eat and relax. I don't see myself working out in that short time period when all I want to do is veg out. I am so glad you are feeling better! Birthdays: when someone says in a comment that their birthday is tomorrow or today, I remember it. That's all!

Hi all. My headache is better today. I have work today and then an oil change for the car. We may go for a coffee out after that, I don't know. Have a great day!

No Zero Days: Tracked and didn't snack.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 240.8
    CW: 239.8

-1.0 lb
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 – Hunter and I have been watching Hell’s Kitchen when we get together! We’re on Season 5 Episode 10. These people drive me crazy! So much hate and back-stabbing. Like being in middle school again.
    Hey, everyone! I was on the struggle bus for a bit, but I’m back up on my high horse. Making smart choices and feeling so much better for it. Made delicious peanut noodles last night and steamed a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. Threw half of the veggies (about 1 ½ cups) on the noodles and will have the other half with my lunch today, which is rice, black beans and guacamole salsa. Made a super smart choice last night and soaked half a pound of mayacoba beans and prepped taters, onion and carrots and threw it all in the slow cooker this morning with seasonings. My house is gonna smell so freaking DELICIOUS when I walk in after work! It’s a fantastic Friday for sure since Hunter and family are coming over for dinner. Then I’ll watch Byron for a few hours to give them some alone time.
    Make good choices today! And don’t forget to hydrate!
    2024 Mantra: YES I CAN!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    Just realized that I forgot to bookmark this discussion. I kept thinking it was awfully quiet! Finally a sunny day today, so I'll take advantage and go for a long walk. I'm postponing much of the household chores until tomorrow, since they are calling for rain.
    I haven't done any back-reading yet to see what I missed. I hope you are all well and working towards your goals. I'll catch-up later. I've got the page bookmarked now!
    -Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN INFO
    Still needed: @DebJB30 @buniphuphu
    Reminder for tomorrow: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278 @vrafer

@laurelfit57 Thanks! I’m taking a grant writing class. The energy in your response is a lot stronger than it was even just a week ago, so glad to “read” it. I’m so happy you got out and had some good walks, I bet that felt good even though you’re tired now. LOL thank goodness Ty can protect you from menacing blueberries!

@19shmoo69 I’m glad you’re feeling better and getting back to strength training. The last birthday was mentioned in the person’s post I believe.

@trooworld LOL I’m real clumsy too and have flown off the back of treadmills so I totally get it. Awesome job on tracking!

@TeresaW2024 Yes you were a great captain! Yes that warm humid air definitely could’ve helped it and kept it happy. Love hearing your take no prisoners plan on stopping the weight gain!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Your peanut noodles looked so good! I love mayacoba beans enjoy that meal tonight!

@micaroo4 Enjoy that long walk!

Hi team! I accidentally flared myself up at the holistic clinic this morning, we filmed our update and she treated my tailbone and upper back then I was to use the unit on my own for awhile and forgot to press “enter” and overstimulated my nervous system instead of calming it. I’ve been doing charity stuff since then, the charity is going to likely do a project at the food bank farm putting in perennial herbs and pollinators. The president isn’t happy about it but wasn’t at the board meeting last night when we decided what to do and after a bunch of calls I got it squared away. I’m planning on knocking out the board meeting minutes then finishing my Janet Evanovich book and go to bed early. Tomorrow's working the charity booth at pony ball from 7-10AM then my Mom's birthday celebration tomorrow night. Have a great night and Saturday!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Thanks, it's still lurking like it could come back if I exert myself or just if it wants to lol. I don't know about you, but I always take my car to the dealership to get serviced even for oil changes. It's such a pain! It takes soooooo long even for a tire rotation. Grrrh. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox lol. I agree, princesses shouldn't have to do that! I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. That's good things got approved, you are Superwoman for getting that done! :D You CAN and WILL do this, you've got this!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you are back in the saddle. Mmmm peanut noodles! I love those. Great decision to put stuff in the crockpot. I'm sure you will be happy to not have to cook when you get home.

@Katmary71 Yes! Thank you. Oh no! Did the clinic do anything to help you? I hope you are able to enjoy your Saturday.

Hi all. I made a nice Tuscan Farro Soup for dinner last night. @Vegan4lyfe2012, it can be made vegan so let me know if you want the recipe and I'll post it. You can sub barley for the farro if you can't find it. I've got grocery shopping, a Spanish lesson, and then meeting a friend at a coffee shop today. No evening plans. Enjoy your day!

No Zero Days: Tracked, stuck with meal plan, and didn't snack.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW- 246.2
    CW- 247.4
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I’m on season 10 and yes the people are terrible but Gordon is everything!! <3:D It’s so easy to get on board that struggle bus. I’m glad you are finding a way to get off. That is what I’m striving to do, too. :)

@Katmary71 Yikes on the flare-up! How long does it take for your nervous system to calm down? A merge of the charity and food bank far. Was it your idea? Is that why the president wasn’t happy, or does she not like getting her hands dirty? :D Happy birthday to your mom!!

@trooworld How are the Spanish lessons going? Do you go around practicing all the time? What about your husband? Does he already speak Spanish, or is he just going to leave all the talking up to you? :D

Good morning! I sorta did a workout this morning. I hate Barre Blend! I just want to lift again. I think I will start Dig Deeper next week and just use lighter weights and wear my wrist brace while working out. I think as long as I don’t make matters worse, it should be OK. Right? :D Not much else going on today. I think I will spend part of the afternoon working on my new jigsaw and watching season six of Love is Blind. That show is crazy! :D
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    I am going to check in really quick before I head out to see my kiddo. He is off at college, but near enough we can visit, and we are going to get together this afternoon. So I will come back later to do more catch-up.

Saturday Plan
    ⚪ Food on plan: vegetables (big steamed greens, big salad), limited fruits - I had my steamed green lunch!
    ⚪ GtG Pushups: Goal for today is 3 sets (12+) I have done 1 so far!
    ⚪ Steps: 10,000 not there yet, but about to work in it
    ⚪ Floors: 5 3 so far!
    🟢 Tiny Habit: After I go to the kitchen, I do a counter pushup. Then I celebrate (fist pump or maybe a dance move)!
    It's time to think about a new Tiny Habit to work on, as I am pretty solid on this one.
    My house project right now is fixing a spot where we need to put on a drywall patch. I got paint to match the walls yesterday and have cut out a whole. I need to get brave and try the actual patch. Maybe this afternoon.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    WEIGH INS Still needed for the following people due today: @DebJB30 @buniphuphu @vrafer
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    The March Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, March 10th. Please join us for an Emotional Wellness Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10911242/march-week-2-group-challenge-emotional-wellness-challenge#latest

I hope to see you in the chat thread.
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.