Beccaboo's Lower Carb Challenge and My Daily Tasks for Long Term Success

Options
12345679»

Replies

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Thank u, Maggie.

The new drug is working pretty good. I won't be asking for an increase in meds though. Haha.

Still tracking and doing the LC bit.

Still need to start homework PT again. I lose any gains I make fairly quickly at this age. There is no time to mess around. Need to do a little each day. It's like an older car needing more maintenance.

I was so ill the past week. I've had two better days, today being one of them. Just catching up on laundry and dishes!

Reading a wonderful book called A Thunderous Whisper--very exciting. It's an historical fiction novel about what happens to a small Basque village when the war finally comes to them. 60 percent of the novel didn't deal with the war coming to them, thankfully, as I am sad now that war has come.

Sunny day today! Wonderful!

Tomorrow I go for a bone density test and a diabetes doc follow up appointment. I need to make a lot of appointments for spring and summer, but haven't felt like it. Need to do the neurologist, the eye doc, and the dermatologist. I also need to go to the dentist, and may get dental insurance from physicians mutual.

I wonder what changes will show in my brain after having Covid and long Covid. I hope not much. I have developed morning tremors which doesn't make me happy. It doesn't happen every morning though.

I am happy PT is enabling me to walk better.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I also worry about the effect these repeated infections have on my health.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Same here, Tish.

Rybelsus seems to be working for me. I lost another 4 pounds! It's great to have little appetite. I still have to watch what I eat of course. I am at 218 now! So thankful! My new goal is 210.

The doc called in my prescriptions to CVS Caremark so I hope all goes well with that. She gave me the phone # too. It's the mail order pharmacy. The regular CVS pharmacy is a royal pain in the butt, but it's my "preferred" pharmacy (better prices). Plus, they've stamped out the competition (mom and pop pharmacies) by not contracting with them.

My anxiety is high these days. I'm hoping to get outside to walk more. It's good for my mental health. I get so frustrated with myself sometimes with these feelings. I've been watching funny stuff to compensate and staying away from the news.

Daisy has an entrenched UTI and will be on antibiotics for 2-3 months and then we'll pulse her on and off antibiotics. Sis is covering the cost of the meds thankfully, as I am getting major hits in my pocketbook with the tests.

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Walks just helps so much with mood, as we all know. I realized today that with all the snow that we had I really should get out in snowshoe I bought them two Christmases ago, so my husband and I could enjoy winter outdoor activities together as his back would not allow for downhill skiing and my anxiety level has made me rule it out for my future. Maybe not ever, but I’m not getting off the easiest slopes offered
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome, Becca. Your hard work is paying off!!

I also did not have good luck with CVS. When I wanted a glucose meter I had a prescription for, the kind which is supposed to be covered under Medicare, they charged me full price for the meter and all of the supplies. Medicare caught it and reimbursed me but I didn't intend to ever go back. I and several others had to stand in line for a half hour waiting our turn while a drug addict "shopped" for drugs - "Would you call my doctor and see if I could have oxycontin?" Really!!! She had other suggestions of meds she wanted, like she was ordering from the menu at McDonald's. She was on enough junk meds to bring down a horse. High as a kite. My feet were killing me.

Our preferred pharmacies are CVS and Kroger which totally sucks here too. They will tell you to pick your meds up as they are ready and they aren't and then they keep having you come back for hours and hours and hours on end.

The news is horrible and I avoid it too. The news people should be ashamed. They spend all of their time stirring up unrest in all of us which causes us to distrust each other. It causes seriously mentally ill people to do atrocious things like mass shootings.

Poor Daisy. Bless your sister for helping her too!

MaggieGirl, I do not enjoy doing much of anything in snow. I fall too easily. Feel weighted down with all of the clothes.