Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    @Sableness LOL Did you know when you answer someone and do not hit POST it doesn't work? OOOPS I did that last night!! SO SORRY!!! I forgot to hit POST REPLY!!! OH I ADORE Egg nog, but yeah it takes to much of a toll!! I look for a small container of it and try to stick to just that!! I had done the No Evening Eating also, but I do not go to bed til 2-2:30 AM. I used to work til 11:30. If I eat right before 10 PM I do so much better, of course, that means leaving enough calories for 10 PM! Awww HI Eve!!! Izzy and Oscar do also. Did you know I got Oscar? It's been a year, he was 9 months old when he adopted me. Izzy (Brown/black tabby) Oscar is the orange one. Izzy is 14, she was NOT happy, but has adjusted.
    a0bj8domj58l.png
    @CateAussie, ENJOY the wine, so glad you are with us!! Its a great way to lose weight and not on our own, with guidance and support!!
    @Dgrodis , Oh I get that!! I live in Maine! We surpassed all rain records by the 6th of March. I think we are all growing DUCK FEET!! If you'd like to send the rain from PA in another direction,, LOL We'd thank you!!! WELCOME to the SPRING 5% Challenge!!
    @Macrat12, here's something I did today and reading your quote reminded me of it.
    A question for ALL Of us!
    ***** What would your older self say to your younger self?*****
    o8jx7kuakxk8.png
    I'd tell younger self "Diane, life is not fair, you already know this. BUT what you do not know is how strong you are!! And you are!! Believe in yourself and love yourself. If you can learn now to love yourself, it'll save you much heartache later on. However, those trails are making you very strong. In the end Diane, believe me, you are going to be so strong and happy! WAIT TIL YOU SEE THIS!"
    @Evamutt, I've felt so bad for CA this year!! WOW!! I have friends north Sacramento and also of Chico, it's been unreal!! I hope this cuts way down on the fires. LOVE LOVE LOVE the dogs and WOOHOO on cleaning up the yard!
    @Kurtize you are a HOT TICKET!! TY TY TY TY for stepping up to being a leader with our team Positively Strong 4 Life!! Joyce is so sweet and kind, for those new to the 5% Challenge this is exactly we look for in leaders!! Always ask (once on your team) your leaders ANY Questions you have. The only foolish question there is, is the one that's not asked!!

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,225 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The future depends on what you do today.—Mahatma Gandhi
    I AM: I am a positive person who attracts positive things into my life.
    Action for Happiness: Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels.
    Happy National Companies that care Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Champions train, losers complain.—unknown
    Day 18/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 77 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.03 miles yesterday.
    Work noon – 6PM today so getting all my exercise in except for 60 min walk which I’ll do at work before coming home.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all. It is a beautiful day. Sat outside and had my tea and read a bit. Tomorrow both Don and I have a dr. appt with our new dr. here in Amarillo. Other than that nothing new or exciting.
    I thought this was a great article and I wanted to Share: 4 Ways to Slow Down and be Mindful, by Chonteau McElvin.

https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/4-ways-to-slow-down-and-be-mindful/?omhide=true
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.—Ralph Waldo Emerson
    I AM: I am ready to release all the stress right now.
    Action for Happiness: Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    Happy National Chocolate Caramel Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.—Pele
    Day 19/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 78 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.09 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting my 2 miles in March challenge day done, Active Recovery Cardio and Mobility: Ankles+ Wrists before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    We had our first visit with our new dr. He is very nice and both of us liked him. He ran the usual blood work and I will be scheduled for a vascular test. Other than that not much new here, weather is nice, slight breeze. Hugs all and hope you have a great rest of the day. For the 1st day of spring not bad.
    But here you never know what tomorrow will bring.

hugs and blessings

Today's daily inspiration: First renew your own body, mind and emotions; be kind, compassionate, and gentle with yourself. Then use your regenerated strength and commitment to be of service to the less fortunate. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,338 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 before I got laid off, I got off at 11:30 too for years but I used to get to bed asap after I got home. I was never a night person & got up at 8, walked the dogs & made dinner before work. Even though I'm not working late anymore, I still tend to stay up till 11:30. Love your kitties
    I would tell my younger self to go to nursing school. I've tried so many times after I started having kids & I always had to stop going to college due to different things. But I did end up working in ICU in a hospital but not as a nurse. I could have worked a couple days a month while my kids were small & made needed $$ for us to help support my husband having to support us all
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a great day. Today we have free food for lunch today and I was able to convince people to eat somewhere healthy instead of junk. We all decided on subway for employee appreciation day. It is pretty cool. So I am so ready for that lunch. It will be great.

@Kurtize - Was yesterday the first day of spring? I don't even pay attention anymore. Isn't it sad. It was so cold and windy yesterday. I am hoping it is, but some areas are still getting snow.
    @Evamutt - Sometimes things don't always go as planned. Life has a way of taking control.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: As the sun crosses the celestial equator, we are reminded that balance is the key to a fulfilling life.—Insight Timer Team
    I AM: Every day I am getting better at what I do.
    Action for Happiness: Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    Happy National Storytelling Day!!!
    Happy International Day of Happiness.
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Nelson Mandela
    Day 20/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 79 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.33 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting into the gym for my workout then home to get caught up on podcasts.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning.
  • Sableness
    Sableness Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Oh ugh, I hear a peacock, much too close. Yes, they’re beautiful, but as noisy as guineas, as dirty as ducks, and will scratch your car’s paint. Peacock, go home!

@Dianedoessmiles1 Love your kitty pics. I wish I could post pics from my iPad. What does MFP have against iPads?? If I could, I’d post one of little Eve and her twenty four toes. Yesterday I took a good one showing the perfect white heart marking on her underside.

Something I did tell my younger self that made a difference. I won’t go into the back story, but I told my younger self to NEVER, NEVER miss out on doing something important to me just because no one wanted to go with me. That decision was one of my best.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited March 20
    Options
    @Evamutt , If only we knew the things ahead of time what we could do to prepare for in the way that we wish we had wow! If I could do it all again I would want to be a teacher. I'm glad you got to work in the ICU. Whatever what you did there was very needed. It still is no doubt. Thank you so much for helping others that we're going through a hard time. Support staff is still support staff no matter if it's cleaning floors, bringing trays, clerical it doesn't matter it's all extremely necessary to make it work. Thank you for that. As a senior I was able before the pandemic to be a *kitten* to grandmother in a second grade class. It would be on fun I am extremely grateful I got to do that. I know I don't often take it so I never know when to catch this one and it's always a gambler You should be able to do that
    @Tabatha_Cain, Hi Tabitha welcome back. Lol lol from how we missed each other between the winter and spring change over. Hope you enjoyed lunch! I almost got nothing from there today but then I decided not to.
    @Sableness, MyFitnessPal is really weird as far as putting in pictures. On my Android I can only do it on the news feed. But on my computer I cannot do it on a new speed but I can on everything else. I know there's a way to post them with an iPad if on the news feed You ask how somebody found it know. I would love to see Eve paws. She's so cute! I agree on not missing out on something that you want to do because of someone else.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I would tell my younger self to do all those things you wanted to do, go to those places you dreamed about. You get older so fast and then it's much harder & having to consider other people's wishes sucks.

Two more days and I have a week off but going to be working on taxes. Hallelujah anyway!!

• lilith40
    lilith40 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - oh my goodness your kitties are sweet!

Does anyone know how we know if we've been accepted on a Team? I'm new to this group and am just wondering. I signed up for Rain Dancers.

I appreciate any info! Thanks :smile:

Have a great day everyone!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @cory17, woohoo on the days off soon!! Ugh Bill on the taxes. A necessary evil, which I gladly pay because it provides so many various services that we never even give thought about. It is always stressful though having to figure out that and this, on the forms,

I wish you had been able to do the traveling that you wanted to do. I learned very young for my grandmother to do what I could when I was young. I did a whole lot of travel. At this point I don't want to do anymore but I'm going to but I don't want to. Lolol that makes no sense. I'm way more of a homebody now. And my kitties will miss me.
    lilith40 wrote: »
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - oh my goodness your kitties are sweet!

Does anyone know how we know if we've been accepted on a Team? I'm new to this group and am just wondering. I signed up for Rain Dancers.

I appreciate any info! Thanks :smile:

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Lilith40! WooHoo you have successfully signed up for the Rain Dancers. Most likely you'll be with them. Approximately around the 27th you'll likely be invited. Id suggest start looking from the 15th on under groups. You'll see the invite just above the groups you currently belong to. You are love the Rain Dancers!! It's a very nice team.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - I always thought the 1st day of spring was the 20th, then I saw google saying it is the first day of spring, when I checked further, it is either the 19th or 20th depending on where you live, one article said it was at 11:59 pm on the 19th. I learned something new. LOL :D

We finally found trees we both like, bought 2 of them, nice size and price, $167. 50 each. We had them delivered (no charge). Will take a picture of them, they are Nellie Stevens holly trees. Grows in height and width, grows in height about 2 feet a year. They are good for privacy and good wind blockers.
    This Friday is the park's women's luncheon which I plan on attending. Nothing else new, Hugs and blessings.

Today's Daily quote inspiration:

Every decision you make - every decision - is not a decision about what to do.
    It’s a decision about Who You Are.
    When you see this, when you understand it, everything changes.
    You begin to see life in a new way.
    All events, occurrences, and situations turn into opportunities
    to do what you came here to do.
    - Neale Donald Walsch
  • CateAussie
    CateAussie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to starting this challenge. I am trying to find ways of focussing on weight-loss as a positive thing, rather than dwelling on letting myself get to this stage & what I need to give up to lose weight again. Some fun challenges would be great!
    I'll try to add a photo of my little dog-
    xnhts2y465pb.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday. Joe and I had church Life Group last night and we had a wonderful time. Things are going well. Today I start my medication for my new diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. So we will see how the medication works. I know it will take time to get into my system and do its job. So we will see how it goes. I am excited to get the pain to go away. I am starting on the base dose and then moving up from there. So we shall see. Today I will be out on the road doing some door dash. I am hoping to earn some decent money. It has not been easy this week. This weekend I think Joe and I are going to go to Palm Sunday service. That will be fun. Tomorrow I am back at the doctor to see if they will order an MRI of my back to see if I have a hairline fracture of my lower back since I fell on the 10th. The Chiropractor did x-rays and said it looks like a possible hairline fracture there.

@Sableness - Wow I assumed they were trouble, but did not realize they were dirty. They always look so nice. That is a good thing to say. So many times people don't want to do something because no one will go with them. I am in that category.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I have not figured out how to add a photo to my newsfeed. I cannot figure it out either way. So I am hoping someone can teach me. That would be nice.
    @cory17 - That is so true. We do age so quickly. Congrats on the days off. Those are definitely needed.
    @Kurtize - Yeah I just don't pay attention only because it does not change the weather. Here we have snowed all the way to the end of April so Spring really does not say much here. Yay on getting the trees. Those are expensive but they sound like they will be a really good tree.
    @CateAussie - Very cute puppy. Weight loss is a mindset. Yes sometimes it really stinks when you need to choose to eat healthy versus eating junk. However it is so beneficial. My cholesterol is way down and I was pre diabetic and I am not anymore. I am in a really good range. So it is pretty amazing all the things eating right and healthy can do for your body.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The right one does not stand in your way they make space for you to step forward.—Rupi Kaur
    I AM: I love and appreciate myself.
    Action for Happiness: Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    Happy National Fragrance Day!!
    Pliability QOTD: You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.—Michael Jordan
    Day 21/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 80 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.03 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-1PM so getting into the gym this afternoon before coming home to eat dinner and get my mobility and after dinner walk.