Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,140 Member
    edited March 25
    Options
    HI ALL!! Many of you know I live on the coast of Maine. We lost electricity last night and got it back this afternoon. I am so far behind. But I AM HERE!! Only right along the ocean did this happen. We had been told it was going to snow (It did) go to sleet for a tiny bit and 2"s of rain. Instead it stayed cold and turned to freezing rain.

dwwyef6ybfd3.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and Joe and I are back at work today. This week was not as beneficial with Door Dash due to being busy at life and the weather. So we did not earn as much, but it is alright. We still made enough. Today Joe and I will be going out and doing door dash tonight. It is supposed to be in the 60's today, which will be nice. I am looking forward to today.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - So glad you are alright. Freezing rain is rough, but it is very pretty as long as you don't have to go out in it.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,033 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,231 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The sun itself is weak when it first rises and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.—Charles Dickens
    I AM: I choose to focus on the joys of each day.
    Action for Happiness: Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    Happy National Waffle Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.—John Wooden
    Day 25/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 84 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.03 miles yesterday.
    On vacation this week so getting into the gym this morning for my Legs/Shoulders + Murph Prep: Cindy workout and then home for mobility and my 60 min walk after dinner.
  • JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 It's horrible to deal with, but it certainly was beautiful in the park!

Here in central New Hampshire, we got mostly snow -- 18 to 20 inches of it. There were times when there was a little sleet, but mostly snow. I keep saying to myself that its spring and it will go away soon...
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , how did door dash go? Hope work went well also. Most in the city I live in are back on. WEIRD I am close to Portland, yet, more of them are not back on. Hopefully they will be by tomorrow or Thurs, outer areas LOL who knows, but all of those people do, or should have a generator. I am thinking of getting a small apartment size one. That's all I need. Unless I want in the summer to have AC, so torn! So I'll make no decision today. LOL
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a really good day. Although we are currently having a thunderstorm at some point today. It is raining right now. So that stinks, but it will still be a good day.

@JEB03253 - Wow my stepson is in Minnesota and they got a lot as well. He said the flakes were the size of golf balls. He even sent me a video. It will be spring soon.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Door Dashing went great. I did a decent amount last night. Work was so busy, but it made the time go by quick. I am always torn on whether to even get a generator. I know I should have it for at least my fridge and freezer. To save the food at least. If you have trouble with the heat I would definitely recommend one that will also run your AC.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,513 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Other than choosing a team, I think this is the first time here in this chat.
    I'm keeping weird hours these days, so am here at random times. House is about to be put up for sale. I'm spending most days sorting, donating & packing. Moving from FL back up north "right back where we started from" (OH, that's the California song I used to sing! LOL.) Life is stressful now. I'm hanging in there. The challenge team helps me as a constant. Idk exactly when the move will happen, but I will keep the team leaders informed. We won't call it a "vacay" bc it will be my son helping me (and us working our butts off.) Moving is somewhat of an adventure. Altho, it is still a LOT of work.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,231 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anymore, anytime, unobtrusively.—Sharon Salzberg
    I AM: I am eager to unfold new ways of joys today.
    Action for Happiness: Choose to spend less time looking at screens today.
    Happy National Purple Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.—John Maxwell
    Day 26/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 85 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.03 miles yesterday.
    Off again today so getting a haircut this morning then off to the gym for my workout.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, For the next 4 we will be in either rain or showers of just cold and cloudy. It is Spring time. We got so hit over the weekend with freezing rain. It was very unexpected!! Some people are still without electricity even in the cities. GLAD though mine is back on!! Summer heat, humidity is horrible for me being in congestive heart failure. I'll have to do more research on an indoor apartment generator to see if it can handle the AC. Otherwise, just hope we do not lose power! One hurricane up the coast can do it, but so "far" the majority of time they get up here, they are losing strength. It has happened, but it's rare. LOL I was the ML on Sparks on the Dawggie team we got one. BYE BYE Went an EL, myself (ML) and the CL!! YO!! We had at the time an inexperienced WL and another EL who was good, and pretty much ran the show for us!
    @ThursLins , Oh I hope this move is a good one for you? Sometimes circumstances cause a move we'd not of made. I remember that song "Open up those gold gates!" LOL!! Sounds like you're relocatinng to a different area though. Wishing you nothing, but peace. Moving is always stressful even if it's a move we want! SO SORRY you're not sleeping well. I am up early for an online Dr appointment. They made a HUGE DEAL out of being on a 1/2 hour early, but they've NOT JOINED! Now that's just not fair! I had to get up early, it'll be an interesting appointment though! About genetic counseling for cancer. My Mom died from it (breast) and my Dad had it horribly and suffered so (Skin, weird how he suffered so many do not! I have it also, but I am checked all the time knowing about Dad, but his wasn't checked until things were quite advanced.
  • JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 26
    Options
    @macrat12... National Purple Day!!! It's my favorite color.

Today I woke to a weather advisory for freezing rain this PM and into Wednesday. The yuck just never stops...we still have more snow on the ground than we had for the rest of the winter and now it will be snow with a topping of ice. I wonder what will happen to the trees that have budded.

I'm heading outside for a little snow cleanup before the rain hits.

• walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,517 Member
    Options
    Hi PSl team, I have missed the in between challenges with you, fast pace and fun. short update of what I have been doing. Lost my hubby December 6th. Ya the grief has been terrible. Getting used to a quiet house and dealing with all the legal things that crop up. Went back to work part time middle of February, Back to work full time second week in March. That has been a tough go as well due to schedule changes no set shifts, and days off were changed as well. I have been learning how to fix things myself.
    Battling eating disorderly conduct, grief, some depression. I am going to a grief support group. I don't think that is helping much. I have way more support here.
    The Fit Force team has been great letting me vent and giving pep talks when I need it. motivation, support, comradery is the best! Thank you all for your help.

I have found sending pics with an I phone isn't easy either. Sometimes it will let me. Its probably something with the format differences with android and i phone. Hope it gets easier with an update.
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,517 Member
    Options
    edzeom523jms.png Marylin sent me this, pretty cool
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,508 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Today's Inspirational was pretty good, so sharing with you all. It was written my Christina Rasmussen. Enjoy
    https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/amazing-brilliant-self/?omhide=true
  • Sableness
    Sableness Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    @lavalily Good to hear from you. I hope travel is possible; I’d love to see you again.
    Hope everyone is OK after all the bad weather. It’s been beautiful here; we get our scary weather during hurricane season. I’ve been a bit under the weather after a skin peel procedure. I had no idea it would make me so tired. I left the house for the first time since Friday because I had to go to the grocery store. It’s serious when we’re low on cat food for her highness.🐈‍⬛
  • LaetitiaLouise
    LaetitiaLouise Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Lovely to see people here from Sparkpeople. I was on there several years, had a break and when I went back it was . . . gone. All my blogs gone, everything.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a great day. Yesterday I actually was able to get a membership. So now I am up to 3. I am not sure how I am going to catch up. I need like 15 a month is what they have determined and I did 6 in January, 11 in February, and now only 3. I am really worried about this. It could affect my bonus next year and my pay raise. So I really have to bust butt. I will have to figure something out. Not sure what, but I will figure something out.

@ThursLins - Oh wow a whole house move. That is a lot. So will you leave then once your current house is sold? Moving definitely is an adventure.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I would definitely look into it. I did see an ad for an indoor generator that charges while you have electricity and then dishes out electricity when you are out and it will provide electricity for 2 or 3 days.
    @JEB03253 - Good luck with the snow clean up. I really hope we are done with the snow, but realistically we can snow into the end of April here so that may not be the case.
    @Sableness - I am glad you are feeling a bit better. It is serious when Miss Kitty does not have her food.
    @LaetitiaLouise - Yes a lot of people were deeply upset because they lost years of recipes and everything. We are glad you are here. I was on spark for years as well.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • christianaderw
    christianaderw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Christiana. I'm new on this site and first time on this group. I discovered it when i first logged into the site/app and there was a post on the recent forum option on the side. I liked the idea of starting up by being part of a team as i believe it can motivate me continue
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.