Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,694 Member
    Options
    A very good Easter Monday morning to everyone. I’ve enjoyed a leisurely start but must walk the pooches before rain arrives. Yesterday was cool but I managed to spend time gardening and finally cut the lawns to an acceptable level. I’ve also planted peas in a strip of guttering that I will slide into my raised beds once they are strong enough. At the moment it sits in my greenhouse.
    Nothing planned today so I will see how the mood takes me!

Lin, I will look for videos of Kerry’s charity walk and see if I can send you a link to the BBC interview tomorrow. These sorts of charity walks go on all the time, especially for local air ambulances, and raise amazing amounts of money.

A wonderful family time for you Sandy and no more than you deserve.

That sounds like my approach to life Barbie. Take it as it comes!

Must get the dogs out!
    Take care
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,042 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) A nice restful day with nothing to do but exercise. Nothing exciting going on so I will just wish you all a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,091 Member
    edited April 1
    Options
    A drizzly day here. Chillier than yesterday so of course, I need to take out my trash bin later and have multiple little deliveries expected. I think they will be in my mailbox down the block. I am doing a new selection of Zoom classes today as the schedule has been revised again.

Always working on birthday cards. Anyone surprised? 😂😂

Sandy, enjoy your quiet day at home.

Jackie, I was very surprised that Kerry took on that long walk as he had severe back problems some time ago and tried many sorts of treatments and injections. He has really bounced back. So he posted that his interview on BBC will be on the BBC Breakfast red sofa tomorrow morning approx 9.20am. I don’t know if I am able to play the video. There is a one day delay before I can try. So I guess that is a well known program? Congrats on getting the lawn trimmed up! Sort of difficult with this patch of weather. Some friends here had someone lined up to start a bunch of outdoor projects included a lot of painting. They shopped for the the paint in anticipation the person would start today. Surprise! No way.

Barbie, glad you had a very enjoyable day yesterday. 👍🏻👍🏻

Take care everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

qd5z70ndgvn7.jpeg

P.S. Kerry just released a new book. Here is his book tour in case you are interested.

z2xaf62gwb54.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    Lin, I’m not on Facebook so don't know, but you might be able to see the interview.
    https://www.facebook.com/bbcbreakfast/?locale=en_GB
    Looks like the book tour is local to his area so a long way away from me!
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    Thanks Jackie. The videos they post are only snippets of the interviews. Nothing on Kerry and the pups yet. I checked and in the United States, we are pretty well cut off. I need to live in your country!

Thanks again!

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️👍🏻
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Lin, I’ve just watched the interview. Poor Kerry is exhausted but is delighted with his achievement. I took this photo of the presenters plus dogs, off my tv for you!
    sbxktzzxjfae.jpeg

Off out for my little walk before yet more rain arrives!
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh lovely! Thank you so much Jackie❤️❤️

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Nasty weather with rain and expected snow for the next few days. I am so ready for summer as we all are. Nothing going on again except for exercising. Waiting to see if they call for a trial appointment tomorrow for a follow up check up. My eye is finally normal and I do feel good.

I never did get the lost packages and took the loss. I reordered the two items I wanted and hope there are no problems this time. I still think someone in the post office took them although I really hate to think that way.

Lin, you are really into those zoom classes, good for you. I continue with my recumbent bike, at least it keeps me moving although I would love to burn more calories.

Jackie, keep dodging those rain drops, some day the sun will come out again.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Another day of mixed weather so I took George and Betty round to the next village, which really isn't far, then when we got home I finished picking up the shrub cuttings I'd left lying on the lawn. The rain arrived soon after so I tidied my kitchen, then got a FaceTime call from my friend Pat who has recently bought a new Apple laptop and was trying to get all her required Apps downloaded off her old laptop. She wanted to test run WhatsApp but we both ran into problems so instead used FaceTime and chatted for a couple of hours. In between I got a fire lit because I could see the rain becoming more heavy which meant the air would feel cooler. That was the essence of my day!

Lin, I did enjoy Kerry's interview although he seemed almost overwhelmed by what he has achieved for his local Air Ambulance service. There was some wonderful video footage taken along the way and I recognised one or two locations from my holiday in Northumberland when friend Pat and I walked sections of Hadrian's Wall.
    The dogs were well behaved in the studio although the female presenter said she was disappointed because they had been told one would probably be naughty!

Oh dear Sandy, winter has returned to you. It does seem a long time since we had some good weather but surely soon! I have postponed Barney's visit next Monday to trim some trees because birds are beginning to nest in the hedges and I don't want them disturbed. So roll on September!!

The wind is howling outside but perhaps it will blow the rain clouds away. I'll know in the morning!
    Jackie (I am using my old laptop so no emoji!)
  • linder4866
    edited April 2
    Options
    Hello, what a day. Problems with my data in the cloud this morning. Missing text messages and missing contacts. Eeeck. Better now.

Dead furnace again this morning. It took quite a while to get through to someone who could schedule a tech to make a service call. I also have an appointment tomorrow morning to get a quote on a new furnace.

That ate up a good portion of the morning. We had snow which was a bit depressing but this afternoon it melted and the sun came out.

I did some Zoom classes this afternoon.

Sandy, I like the classes because they are Live, there are lots of options and the schedule changes every month. If you select something on YouTube or on DVD, you don’t get the same variety.

I am tuning into my usual Tuesday evening YouTube Live in a little while.

I between things, I worked on another card. I realized I should have been working on April birthday cards, there are quite a few. I got 2 in the mail today.

Jackie, thanks again for everything you shared about Kerry and the pooches. Kerry posted these photos on his Facebook page. I would assume young Tally was expected to be the one to act up a bit.

bjwxgt01irwe.jpeg
    eqvh7qwj7nf7.jpeg
    08t2au621ib5.jpeg

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

jxcuyqrdel27.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Chilly, miserable day once again. I have trial appointment at 1:00 today, the Uber will be picking me up at noon. It is just a check up so hoping I don't need my eye dilated so I can run some errands when I get home.
    I ordered my groceries for delivery later this afternoon so all should be good. Tomorrow meeting and Friday I am bringing my car in for an oil change. I hope they don't find any other problems like dealers usually do.

Lin, those dogs are so darn cute. Who do you use for your cell service? My friends with Verizon had problems with texts and messages yesterday as well. I was stumped on how to help them. My goodness a new furnace can be expensive but probably worth it if you are needing too many repairs.

Jackie, it is just so depressing without the sun. If you hear me complain about it being too hot in the summer remind me of this day. lol BTW, I watched Call the Midwives on Sunday and it had me in tears with Fred and brough back so many memories of the day Babe died. It made me question my decisions not to put him on a ventilator although it was his wish not to be. Grief is hard.

I better eat and get ready, the Uber is sometimes early. Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited April 3
    Options
    Chilly and super windy here today. Makes it feel even chillier!

Sandy, I hope your appointment went well and that you can run your errands. Take care.

And thanks, yes, I have a Straight Talk phone plan but they were bought out by Verizon. So yep, that must have been the problem. Things are better today. I wonder what was going on.

Jackie, how are you today? Kerry posted on Facebook that he has some foot problems and will not be doing much walking the next few days. Hope his back s still in good condition.

How’s everyone in your household? Betty okay now? And dear George?

I need to do a few more things and then Zoom classes on my agenda. I did agree to the purchase of a new furnace and air conditioner. 👀

Wishing everyone good health and good times.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

ur9jiaau8res.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :) My trial appointment went well, just too much sitting around waiting for the next test. Both doctors said things look good, so not sure if that means it's working or they just say that until the end of the trial. They gave me a credit card with $200, $50 for each visit and will continue to do that until the end of the trial. They won't start the other injection on my other eye for three months which is fine with me. They also said it probably won't bleed like this one since this one had so much done at one time but there is always a small chance of bleeding. One Day at a Time.

I have my meeting today, then letting Cheryl's dog out before doing a couple of errands. Didn't do them yesterday as my eyes were dilated and didn't get home until late afternoon.

Going to try low carb again to change up my metabolism. I have 4 days of pills left so if prednisone I should be able to lose the extra weight, I hope.

Have a good day all, anyone hear from Anne lately?

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited April 4
    Options
    I’ve no idea what happened to yesterday’s post. I did preview it because I had several interruptions as I typed so maybe I forgot to actually post! Not much had happened so you didn’t miss much although a small amount of garden tidying was achieved and I sorted through more veggie seeds ready to plant but at the moment it’s not worth planting anything with so little sun, if any, to warm the soil.

Today I drove to town for groceries and a couple of pet supplies and luckily noticed my fuel gauge was showing zero so can only imagine the garage mechanic took the car for a long journey when he tested it after repairing the ABS system. I never let it drop below a quarter tank! My main petrol station, on my way to the Aldi store I use, was closed off for major work so after shopping I drove to the only other place that sells fuel, a large supermarket. Their forecourt was also having some sort of work carried out so half the pumps were blocked off so queues and chaos! I had to stretch the nozzle across the back of my car to reach the tank and somehow managed to spray petrol down my legs! An attendant had to come out of her booth to help me persuade the pump to accept my credit card and when no receipt appeared I’d had enough so drove away without, breathing in petrol fumes all the way home!

Sheila has developed a nasty cold and asked if I could take her to a hair appointment at her hairdresser’s home because she didn’t feel well enough to drive, so I took George and Betty with me to walk round that village on the moors while she was there. They loved walking in a new area and I enjoyed myself too. Very little traffic on the outer roads and it didn’t rain! Of course that didn’t last and since we got home it’s been pouring. I had planned to visit with Les but when I phoned this morning to explain Sheila needed a ride, I discovered he also has a bad cold so decided risking catching it from Sheila sitting in my car was bad enough without visiting him. I’ll go tomorrow if he’s feeling better.

Sandy, Anne’s news is that she should be moving into Michael’s apartment on Saturday. She has made some friends at the home but since it was sold a month after she arrived and the staff weren’t as nice, it seems to be a family decision that she leave and I’m sure she will be fine. The antibiotics had awful side effects so she is itching like mad but let’s hope she can return to her own healthy meals and soon be feeling a whole lot better. For sure, Jilly is going to love living with the two of them! Sounds like that could be great news after the eye injection and I admire you for putting yourself through the trial. A lot of people will be thanking you in the future!

Wow Lin, you went for it…. New furnace and air conditioning! You’re younger than me so I think it’s a good time to make sure you are comfortable in your home now so problems shouldn’t arise when you are less able to deal with them. Everything I do or buy these days is carried out with a “this will see me out” promise to myself!

Time to prepare a salad with quiche for my evening meal.
    Take care.
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited April 4
    Options
    Hello!

Sandy, good for you! Glad things are looking good. I hope things continue that way. So you are going to shake things up a bit…have you done that keto program before?

Jackie, oh my gosh what a day of frustration in trying to get gas for your car. You don’t have much of a choice when you are out of gas. I am like you, I don’t let the tank get down to fumes. When I am below a half tank, I start looking at prices. Yes, I bought all new as the air conditioner had developed a leak and very expensive fluid was added last spring. They warned me that is a sign of failure (and it was with my first air conditioner) and the refrigerant it uses is being discontinued. With both units being the same generation, the communication should work better. I have a long warranty with this purchase and have my fingers crossed 🤞🏻 that I will never have to purchase these items again. 😄

Your dinner sounds yummy! Please skip picking up a cold!!

I am booked up with Zooms again today. However, one is a farming related meeting discussing drought and probably growing season conditions. Another is about the 2024 Mah Jongg card. I may not get into that one. There are restrictions on how many people can join. I didn’t get in last year. They had said the overflow could watch in their Facebook group but that didn’t work either. It is very popular.

Need to scoot along. Best wishes to everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

517dfv92egfl.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Laundry has been started. Today is supposed to be a little warmer and then 60 next week. I have an appointment at one for an oil change and I hope that's all they do. So boring sitting at the dealer while they work on my car.
    Nothing much else going on unless I decide to get a no chip manicure which depends on how long I am at the dealer.

Lin, yes, I have done keto before and lost most of my weight that way. I do love my carbs though so we will see how long I do this. It might be a mixture of different foods and/or diets. lol Not even sure why I care anymore at my age, but I do want to stay healthy.

Jackie, thank you for the good news/bad news from Anne. Glad she will be with Michael but sad she is having side effects from meds. Do you talk to her on the phone or through email?

Have a good day all.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    Options
    It’s been a quiet day and after walking George and Betty in local fields I took them to visit Les and stayed for a couple of hours chatting. He is still doing remarkably for his 93 years, both mentally and physically but was worried about his 95 year old sister who after a fall and stay in hospital, is now living in a home. Her doctor is concerned that she has an illness that makes her stop breathing, then fall asleep so of course, Les is concerned that one day soon she won’t wake up. Very sad although both have enjoyed many more years than a lot of people. It’s extremely mild and we are expecting high winds and rain in the night as another storm arrives. Hopefully the wind direction will mean I won’t particularly hear it!

Sandy, I have spoken to Anne on the phone in the past but these days we tend to email each other. She can’t wait to move into Michael’s apartment since the home hasn’t been run properly. It was apparently so cold in the dining room she and other residents wore outdoor coats! Both sons, her grandson and a friend will help with the move so I’m guessing she and Jilly will soon be settled and cosy.

Lin, it sounds like a sensible purchase before the units packed up. Hopefully no cold coming my way. Les seems to be a lot better but in case, I didn’t get too close!

I must get myself to bed and wait for the storm to arrive although when I just let Betty into the garden it seemed very calm and only light rain.
    Take care.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi, another busy day. First thing, I went to Trader Joe’s for a few groceries. Got home and stowed away my purchases. I worked on another birthday card and I do have it ready to send. Wrote several checks. First quarter income tax estimates ready to fly on to state and local entities. I participated in some Zoom classes again. I am not seeing any positive trend in my energy level or stamina which is disappointing. Darn.

I would like to see tonight’s basketball game (Final 4 with Iowa playing UConn). I don’t have the channel so I may hunt for the University’s radio station.

Jackie, yes, do avoid those viruses. Sounds like a nice chat with Les today. I hope you have mild weather. You don’t need more storms. Take care.

Sandy, hope you made it out of the dealership with just an oil change. Best wishes on avoiding those carbs. That is something I have never been able to do!

I was able to get on the Mah Jongg Zoom call last night. I was so surprised to be in the first 1,000 to sign on. It was an interesting presentation. I have my new card in its protective plastic sleeve now. I need to update my app with the 2024 info if I want to okay online. And I do. It costs more this year. Am I surprised? A little bit.

See you tomorrow.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

dcuu6j6asfg6.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) The sun is shining and temp to reach 50 and 70 on Monday for the eclipse. I did buy glasses in case it is visible from my area but we will see. Family zoom call and then going to watch a movie with the kids while mom goes to an adult birthday party. I will go to Mass tomorrow.
    Of course there were a few other things the dealer found although not outrageous but they always find something. Brake fluids and filters this time but after three years I thought it might be time so agreed.
    Busy week ahead with getting nails done, hair done, meeting and leaving for Marisa's college Friday for mom's weekend. The following week my son and his wife are coming for a few days since she has an appointment with her migraine doctor downtown. We are also going to a White Sox baseball game on that Wednesday even though I am a Cubs fan. lol

Lin, I too, love my carbs but there are some good frozen meals with healthy choice and Atkins so we will see what happens. It seems my life is one forever kind of diet. You reminded me I have to call my accountant to see when I can sign the tax papers, I might also have to pay estimated taxes but not sure.

Jackie, please give Anne my regards, I will email her myself but don't want to overwhelm her. I didn't realize things went so wrong with her place, it seemed she liked it in the beginning. Maybe I missed the sale and new owners but they sound horrible. I hope she is very happy with Michael and what a wonderful son he is for taking his mother in to live with him.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    Options
    The wind has been blowing wildly all day and it has felt cold so we didn’t walk far this morning. Trees were bending in all directions so I was concerned about flying debris. I spent some time on WhatsApp talking over arrangements to get to a memorial next Friday for a friend. I’ve agreed I will drive to Plymouth then meet up with a couple of mutual friends to travel together to the service. Nothing else of interest so a quiet day. A letter arrived yesterday following up on my latest CT scan of my lungs. No significant change means I won’t now be recalled for two years so that’s good news.

Sandy, I don’t think Anne mentioned the change of owners of the home at the time but it does seem cost cutting meant quality of care deteriorated after that happened. Our Anne will be much happier now I’m sure and hopefully regain her health.

A cute teapot Lin! My body is missing walks on the moors and I’m very aware my energy levels have dropped so if we ever see the sun again I imagine I will struggle to walk up all those hills. My exercise bike might have to be brought out from the corner of my dining room to ride again! George will be 12 later this year and I can tell he’s slowing too. Being a Pug, Betty has always been happy to lie around and do her best to avoid exercise!

Off to bed! Take care.
    Jackie 🥰