Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• DRC200971
    DRC200971 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Airport Friends,

Today is Wednesday, April 3rd and from my study window, I'm watching it snow here in Central Illinois. I'm a little anxious about the weather because I have vegetable plants in my basement that need to go to the harden-off area, but it may be too cold. I start over 1,000 vegetable plants in the grow area of my basement. Plants are then donated to recipients at the local food bank, area assistant living facilities, first-time gardeners, neighbors, and friends.
    To answer the questions from the introduction: Why I joined or what you are hoping to get from the 5% challenge? I'm quite competitive and I enjoy the challenge of contributing 120 daily minutes of exercise. As a retiree, I have a great routine, 1) meditate, complete daily Bible reading 2) exercise for 120 minutes, and then I have the rest of the day for whatever comes about.
    I have never in all the challenges met the 5% weight loss challenge. I have talked with my oncologist and he indicated that 2 of my medications interact with one another which will cause me to gain weight. He seems to be happy that I'm pretty consistent with my weight, but I'm still obese.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and I am thinking it is going to be a great day. I am going to get to work today and bust out a membership or 2. I am ready. Yesterday I took a mental health day from work. I am so bummed about not getting memberships and not being where I should be. It really stinks.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - It can be tough to muster up some energy. I get that. I do wish I could have someone come clean my home, but I would be upset if my little dog bit someone. So I don't do that. We do allow people into the house, but we just warn them that she likes to bite ankles and we try to pick her up so she won't do that.
    @DRC200971 - That is awesome that you donate the plants to people and centers. That is pretty cool. Joe and I want to have a garden. Just not sure we are ready for one or not.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,517 Member
    Options
    My schedule is topsy turvy at work. I like a set schedule have had that for almost 4years. A new co worker didn't like the way we were doing it and helped set up this mess. When does a new person that isn't my boss mess up everyone's schedule? Why did the boss's let him? my first day off I spent it resting. I didn't feel good at all. I know most of it was from working so late. This makes me want to retire. This is rough. I have a lot of outdoor work that needs to be done and no energy to do it. Hoping I can adjust to the schedule soon.
    Yesterday took friend to get some errands and bills paid. She isn't driving yet. She had foot surgery over a month ago. She is using a boot and crutches to get around. The dr let her start to put some weight on it but not walk without aids. Hope she heals quickly.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: It takes half your life before you discover life is a do-it-yourself project.—Napoleon Hill
    I AM: I am patient with myself on this journey.
    Action for Happiness: Eat healthy and natural food today and drink lots of water.
    Happy National Vitamin C Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Neymar Jr.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk at work.
    Day 94 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.16 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-1PM then taking the rest of the week for Active Recovery Days to let my body rest and recover from a sinus cold.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited April 4
    Options
    @DRC200971 , Hi Larry! Welcome to the chat! I hope all your plans will be okay. What a wonderful thing to do to give a lot of them away to people that otherwise would not have the opportunity to be able to know what it's like to grow their own food. Wishing you the best for the spring challenge!
    @Tabatha_Cain, Tabatha, I'm so sorry that you feel a little discouraged right now at work. We know these things just go in bunches. At the end of 2023 look how fantactic you did!! Are we working sales we know watching April can be a little bit slow. Right now you have some people that are on vacation because of the packages you set them up with. That's awesome. I don't know how much no we have right now out there but we have a lot and many people are without power. I am not he he. We know the last time I got hit so I'm okay with that.
    @Walkintofit, So sorry about your work schedule. It's really weird when somebody new comes in and everything goes upside down. I hope that straightened out soon. It's nice when we're happy at work. Hopefully you're get some energy for the outside work. I on purpose moved into a high-rise so I would not have to do yard work anymore. But it's a great way to remain active and I don't get a choice of what grows around the building. I hope your day goes well. Also let your friend is able to drive soon. It did her driving foot the surgery was done on? I have a friend who is "falling" a lot. It wears us down if we let it. I now only listen to what she says and I take no action. I'm not being mean. She refusing to help herself.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    Good morning have a great day 😀
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241, HI Patti!! PURDY OUT TODAY!
    @Kurtize, HI Joyce!!! Hope you loved the day!

Our area got hit again (2 times in 10 days) over half of the state has no power, I did maintain ours, not sure how!! Two streets down and OUT! Across the street OUT!! Hehehehe, but I kept mine. Pretty sure the storm 10 days ago they replaced our transfomers.
    g2zvcng95yq7.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a great day. Today is my official 1 year at AAA. So I am really excited about that. I made it a whole year, and my boss is really happy with my work thus far. So I am really excited about that. Today Joe and I have date night. I cannot believe our anniversary is in 2 months and 2 weeks. It doesn't seem possible. But I am almost ready with his present. I really hope he likes it. It is really more for both of us.

@walkintofit - I am so sorry your schedule got messed up. I can't believe they let a new person come in and change it all. Makes me think they were already thinking about changing it somehow.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That is true. I am just struggling with memberships right now they are so hard to get. I am working hard though. I am glad you still have power. It is crazy that you had another storm come through and you still have power. I pray that everyone else gets their power back quickly.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: A quiet conscience makes one strong.—Anne Frank
    I AM: I deserve endless love and happiness.
    Action for Happiness: Turn a regular activity into a playful game today.
    Happy National Deep Dish Pizza Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.—Eric Thomas
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk.
    Day 95 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.29 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM then home to rest before getting my mobility: Wrist + Ankles and 60 min walk. Still not feeling the best so taking an Active Recovery Day in hopes to get back to my workouts on Monday.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , WOW times flies by fast. If sales are down than they are for others too. I'm grateful I kept mine. My GD is out. Will be likely another day or so.
    @Patti241, Hi Patti.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Conqueror challenge. I reached another local spot, Christ Church Cathedral .
    x8ff0wmrvaxd.jpg
    I did get some disappointing new, the retreat planned for tomorrow is postponed, they just messaged me. I weighed in early was getting everything done so I would be ready tomorrow. Oh well that is how things go.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, NICE JOB with the walking!! I am so sorry about Saturday. I know you were looking forward to it.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and Joe and I are both working our delivery services. I think Joe really likes doing that. Today we will be chatting on the phone while each of us delivers for a service. Joe does Walmart and I do Door Dash. That way we are not competing with each other in the market. Today it is supposed to be really nice and sunny and I think tomorrow we might see about taking a motorcycle ride to Holland, Mi to see the tulips. I spoke to a client in Holland who said that the tulips just bloomed and now is a great time to get up there and see them. So we are hopefully going to do that.

@macrat12 - I hope you get up to 100% soon. It stinks when you are not feeling well.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Sales are definitely down, but I am trying hard every day.
    @Kurtize - Congrats on reaching the Cathedral. Sorry your retreat was canceled. I hope they reschedule it for you.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.—Wayne Dyer
    I AM: I am embarking on a new level of self confidence.
    Action for Happiness: Dona body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels.
    Happy National New Beer’s Eve!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is nit something you run after. It comes from within you.—Unknown
    Day 96 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.22 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting in my mobility: Full Body before work and 60 min walk before church.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good evening all. I completed my Dublin walk, here is link to information.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest

Very windy here, blows everything away. Not much else new. Take off was smooth. I did start 2 new walks, 2024 walking challenge, going to do, (hopefully), complete 325 by end of Dec. also doing the West Coast trail which is 47 miles. Have a great evening. Hugs all

Today's affirmation: Today, I Rest In The Embrace of Spirit. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , I hope both yours and Joe's deliveries went well. I had a delivery from Walmart today. As you may know we who are awaiting a delivery can see where the driver is. Orignally the woman was scheduled to get here at 11:38, but didn't show until 11:58. She said the person before me the GPS sent her in the wrong way, she contacted the customer, who helped her, and it was a long walk from the road to the customers house. I felt bad for the woman who was doing the delivery. She had the greatest attitude though!! Even as she got out of the car (I live in a high rise, I do down to the parking lot so they do not have to try find me!) I'm going to give her the best review, plus I tip before they come and also "a little bit more for coffee" or whatever. LOL To see their smiles makes my heart happy. Oh that ride tomorrow sounds like so much FUN!!! Do you stop to take pictures? I forget where you live, are you near or in the pathway of the eclipse? We will see it at 96% here in Southern Maine. The plantatarium in Portland is of course following it. I am surprised how many sciencists will be there and not up further where it'll be 100%!
    @Patti241 , HI Patti!
    @Kurtize, WOW! Nice walking!! We love having you on PS4L with us!! TY TY TY for stepping up (Like that?) being a leader with us!! WOOHOO!!! Joyce is adding so much to the PS4L team.
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Health is the first muse, and sleep is the condition to produce it.—Ralph Waldo Emerson
    I AM: I see love. I feel love. I am love.
    Action for Happiness: Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening.
    Happy National No Housework Day!!!
    Happy World Health Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Nelson Mandela
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk at work.
    Day 97 of 2024 miles complete and I had 6.25 miles yesterday.
    Work 8:30AM-3PM so will get my mobility: Hips + Spine after work and 60 min walk after dinner. Feeling a little better so might try a workout tomorrow morning.