WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @jugar

I won't be able to post my weight Saturday, because I'll be away for the weekend.
    Here is my weight stats for this weigh-in. Weighed this morning.

PW: 291
    CW: 291

I'm in a plateau right now, and don't seem to be going anywhere with my weight.
    Hopefully, next Saturday we'll see a loss and I'll be in the green.

Hope this is ok, Kmarie 😃

Absolutely OK! You can always shift your day around when needed, or ask to be excused for a week if you are away or ill - we're pretty flexible! Have a great weekend!
  • jugar
    Options
    Here comes Friday already :open_mouth: Let's get the numbers flowing:

@bowens1973
    @eggfreak
    @EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @micki48

Thanks!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @jugar Okay that is a beautiful picture, I bet snowshoeing in that is quiet and peaceful.

@conleywoods Welcome back Kristi, Good luck on the job hunt, I hope you find something that is not stressful.

I did not want to get on the treadmill last night, but I did it. I only have 20 minutes left on my show, so I have to find a new one.

It finally stopped raining, I am so glad, it was depressing.

Have a wonderful day, and weekend.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods
    Welcome - so great to see you back. Good news on the job front, sounds like some promising changes are in order for you!

We have been catching up on sleep this week around here. Brad hurt his knee so he's been getting some diagnostics done on that to rule out anything serious. TGIF!!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 240.2
  • jugar
    Options
    congratulations on a fantastic workout week @MaddawgMadsen ! Your body will adjust to the new level of exercise over a few weeks - but be sure to give it a rest day from time to time. Both crossfit and spin are intense!

@StayFITTer your goal of getting to be friendlier with failure is a great one. Here's a good story about that. Before I retired, I was a professor of music, just so you get the context.

I had a colleague who really helped our university students get to love failure once they learned how to use it. We co-directed a concert at a high profile venue in Montreal one time. He was the director of the laptop orchestra (all live electronics), and I directed the contemporary music ensemble. We decided to do a joint venture - improvisation-based work, different combinations of class members, and two pieces for the entire gang, completely improvised. During the performance, the first full-group improvisation was awful. They weren't listening to each other, it was just a lot of individuals doing their thing, and the result was a bunch of chaotic noise, leading nowhere. A failure.

During the intermission, my colleague went to them with a huge smile and told them they were in a fantastic position - they had just failed miserably! But in the second half of the program they would get another chance! They would be able to think about what did not work, ponder why it did not work, and then get out there and try again with a different approach. They were surprised at how good it felt to have failed, because it gave them the opportunity to reach a height they could not have reached without having learned from that failure. And they did.

We all need work on that relationship. The self who failed deserves the support and cheers to figure it out, and to get out there and do it again in a new way to see how that works. Every time - and guaranteed it will never be "perfect"!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    “The self who failed deserves the support and cheers to figure it out, and to get out there and do it again in a new way to see how that works.”

That sentence is “yum”. So cool. Thank you for taking the time and for sharing.

It makes me think about how the self that doesn’t like feeling vulnerable tends to berate “the self who failed”….give that other self a muzzle 🤦🏾‍♀️😂.

Guess we are learning and integrating along the way. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    @jugar that is a lot of snow and looks cold! I know you love it and glad you got to snowshoe!

@conleywoods welcome back!! Good luck in the job hunt!

That quote and story about failing is good. I've been trying to think a lot about what is and what isn't working in my weight loss journey. What I can change to succeed. Still a work in progress!
  • jugar
    Options
    Here comes Saturday, and the end of April Week 1 - here's who's due:

@CarolAnnM2
    @eggfreak
    @EvMakesChanges (not sure if you need this week off while away from home?)
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @micki48
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359
    @ChelleChelle1031

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 254.0
    CW: 258.2

She's up, she's down, she's up... she's blaming this bump on her TOM which arrived yesterday and is currently giving her unbearable cramps and the lovely dinner she had out with her sister last night.

Definitely heading into the new week with some renewed motivation. I've been stuck now for like 6 weeks or so in the same 5lb range - unacceptable! getting a move on. Starting early tomorrow morning with snowboarding in new hampshire - so excited to get some more time on the snow this season. And I get to put the brand new tires on my car to the test with a 2 hour drive.

@conleywoods so glad to see you back Kristi! sounds like you have some traction

@MaddawgMadsen way to GO with such a strong week of workouts!
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    PW=78,8Kg
    CW=78,7Kg
  • jugar
    Options
    The Week 2 Group Challenge is up! Let's fill our toolbox to get past cravings and into action:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10913185/april-week-2-challenge-beating-cravings-and-getting-unstuck/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.