Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,091 Member
    edited April 7
    Options
    Hello!

Jackie, we have had insane winds today as well. A couple of times I thought part of my roof was blowing away. I haven’t even trekked down the block to pick up my mail. I am afraid it may blow away from me. I hope it will calm down around sundown. By the way, I hate lacking zip and pep. I wish I knew what might help change things.

Sandy, best wishes on the Atkins and Healthy Choices options. You eat out quite often though so that must be difficult. I doubt you will have to pay tax estimates. Very few of my friends seem to have that burden. A friend said to me the other day, we don’t pay taxes, we don’t have any money. They just wrote a check for a $60,000 purchase so I am skeptical of that response. 👀

Well, must try to move along. I really do need to pick up my mail. I cooked a couple of things today, did laundry, swept floors, cleaned toilets and did other odds and ends. And yep, Zoom classes again. I selected fewer classes today. Someone online said a person should take a rest day from time to time. I hadn’t heard that for a long time.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

0cai4cy1hl9t.jpeg
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone....

Busy day here running to Best Buy to pick up a new printer. We have two, but now neither works so it was time to get a new one. Ended up with HP Desk Jet identical to one we are replacing because it is still the top printer out there. Plus after researching it it was the least expensive at Best Buy. Of course once in the store we looked around. My Kindle tablet was 7 yrs old showing its age recently. Though never having had an Apple tablet there also was a great buy on one the same size I had with my Kindle, plus 64 gb. Decided now was the time to buy it because we all know the prices are increasing in the future. Hoping it lasts as long as I will need one. All of our technology is aging. With this buy we will only have to get something to replace our Fitbit watches and one desk top computer in the future. Then the appliances will be next....Does it ever end ? Thankfully our ac and heater were done a few yrs ago LOL.

We are in the midst of a slow project in our front yard. The bark needs replacing so we are slowly moving it from the backyard to the front yard. It will then be good for about 4 more years. Once done we will call a company to put all new bark into our larger back yard. It isn't getting any easier to do it. We work at it for about 45 minutes then call it a day. I figure we have about 5 more days to finish it in between rain storms and we only do it when the current bark has dried out.

Light rain for about 3 days then we have a break for a couple of days. I am so ready for the rain to stop and it getting a bit warmer. No incentive to walk in cold, damp and wind blowing weather. Don't have Jacque any longer to encourage me there.

Thanks for updating us on Anne. Though I don't write often I do think of all of you. Good news Jackie about your CT Scan. Sandy pleased to hear your eye procedure has cleared up again. And Lin....taxes know all about those. Though our accountant has our tax records now we will be getting together for some explanation next week.

I did have my drs appt to go over all of my recent testing I had done. Thankfully all is ok. However she requested I get a test that is Thyroid related done. I have had the problem for years, but never really knew much about it though I was on a rx. This lab work told me what type of hypothyroidism I might have. I wasn't too concerned thinking this sub category wasn't a concern before.....however my results are in the midrange now, which means I need to pass this on to my endocrinologist. After reading all about it yes I do have the symptoms. Thyroid issues run in the family....two of my three siblings have sub categories of things I do not want to have to deal with. DNA and antibodies......now are what I am going to have to deal with. Getting older isn't a lot of fun is it ?

Well time to call it a night. Here is hoping the rain storms blow by quickly and everyone is able to enjoy some spring like weather soon. Took a trip to our nursery the other day......so many pretty plants now, but I already have enough work to do.

Bye, Diane

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,042 Member
    edited April 7
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Rain again today but hopefully tomorrow sunny and warm. I had fun with kiddos and watched the new Willie Wonka movie. I didn't get home until 10:30 so will be going to 11:30 mass today.
    Just chilling after that and maybe ride my bike for some exercise.

Good to hear from you Diane and hope your thyroid problem doesn't cause big concerns. I have
    Hashimoto thyroiditis and take a pill for it so seems to be under control. My eye is also doing well and I almost think I see a little better but that could be my imagination. Sorry about all the rain, it does get depressing. Congrats on the new Apple tablet, enjoy it!

Lin, sorry you are also having bad weather, but hopefully this week the sun comes out. Today is the last day of either the prednisone or placebo pills so we will see if that makes a difference in my weight. I am holding my own without gaining but not losing the weight I want. And yes, I agree it is best to give your body a rest day when exercising to help with the sore muscles.

Jackie, sorry about your friend and how nice to drive to their memorial. Maybe the rain will stop for your kindness. Happy to read you are clear for two more years on your CT scan. We are all doing our best to stay healthy aren't we?

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,694 Member
    Options
    I’ve been struggling to log in and now, finally here, it’s way past my bedtime. Wind still howling outside and rain doing what it’s done for the past six months! I can’t remember if I mentioned I’ve postponed Barney the tree surgeon until September because birds are now nesting in the hedgerows. It means a quiet day tomorrow when he had been booked yet again so I will hopefully get back to the Sneakers page.
    Take care.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    edited April 7
    Options
    Good evening. We had another cold and windy morning including a rain storm and hail. It is now warmer and the sun made an appearance. North of us, a couple of tornados were reported on radar. Eeeeck.

I was awake for a while last night, once again, as the house seems to get cold around 2am and then I cannot sleep. But I don’t know what is going on, the furnace doesn’t display an error code. Last night I thought of putting on another layer of clothes and some socks. Maybe I am malfunctioning.

Today, I did attend online church and did a few Zoom classes. Not as many as usual, the schedule didn’t have much that interested me today. I was so tired today that I didn’t push to do much, especially since I also got a nosebleed out of the blue.

I was sorry to see the Hawkeye women lose the championship game today. 😔

Am going to watch a couple of shows on PBS and then hope to get more sleep tonight.

Hope to have more to say tomorrow.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Love this flamingo teapot
    ve1s1s6f5q2f.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) A beautiful day in store for us today with temps reaching 70. Might be a good day to get out and take a walk. I am ready for the eclipse with my protective glasses and hopefully it will be able to be seen from my house. I am going to try and take a picture but not sure that is possible since you can't see out of the protective glasses.
    Other than that not much going on today. Rob has two kids home sick but said he can handle it for which I am glad because I don't want to get sick with all that is coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Lin, sorry you got a nose bleed, how is your blood pressure? You might be overdoing all that exercising, listen to momma Sandy.

Jackie, hope you got some sleep and things are better today.

Have a good day everyone, keep smiling drives people crazy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited April 8
    Options
    It's good afternoon from England! I'm still keeping to local village walks because I'm told by my friends who live on the moors that the ground is still waterlogged and farmers taking feed to the animals that roam are churning up the ground even more as tractors sink into mud. That makes it impossible to walk far. It's still very windy so our walk was cold but it does look like the rain clouds are finally lifting now it's nearly 5pm and tomorrow should be dry too. Gosh, I might manage to get a load of laundry out to dry!

Yesterday's awful weather culminated in rain forcing itself through the top of a couple of windows so that's another repair. My Internet went down along with most tv stations, including the BBC but I haven't tested the local transmitter today to check if I have to retune the set. Fingers crossed the auto retune will work! At least the internet is back.
    These 200 year old properties are charming but expensive to maintain so I hate to think how much money has been spent over the years!
    Sheila phoned yesterday to tell me her bad cold had returned so she had postponed a visit from her daughter and family but was concerned I might have caught it sitting in my car, driving her to her hair appointment but so far I'm fine.

Lin, I'm sorry you experienced a nose bleed out of the blue and do hope nothing serious is going on. I read an interesting article the other day about El Niño, the cause of our months of rain and it also mentioned that the USA should expect far more tornadoes and hurricanes this year for the same reason.... Warmer oceans. Just so you know!
    That's a funny teapot. Looks like a flamingo off to the market!

Sandy, enjoy the eclipse. Once the moon is completely covering the sun it might be safe to take a photo. If our late evening sky is clear, which I doubt, I might get a view because Cornwall is one area in England it will be visible as the sun goes down. I must remember to look out around 8pm!

Always lovely to hear from Diane. My problem with printers is I don't often use it these days so the ink dries out! Next time I buy cartridges I must try storing in a plastic bag when not in use, otherwise it gets rather expensive. I agree with you, rain and cool temperatures are no incentive to walk and for sure, if I didn't have George and Betty I wouldn't do it even though I know it's good for me. I'll have to find another waif and stray to adopt when the awful day comes.

I broke off to prepare chicken casserole for the oven even though it's nearly 6pm and next I will get some laundry in the washing machine with fingers crossed, it will be dry tomorrow!

Take care everyone. I'll message Anne this evening to see how the move went and if I hear back, will of course let you know.

Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello friends. Cannot believe the day is gone! I made an early morning trip to the post office to mail some payments. I did a bit of stenciling, cleaned some veggies, sorted a few card making supplies and spent some time watching the great eclipse coverage. I switched around but mostly between NASA and CBS. It was a bit odd for a while this afternoon. But not anything like what I watched on TV.

I decided to stop using the new nasal mixture that my doctor wanted me to use for allergy and sinus problems. It was something you mix up yourself. I think that followed by Nasacort didn’t work well for me. All seems to be well now.

Diane, thanks for your update. Sounds like you’ve taken on a big project with the mulch. Best wishes on getting through it. There is always something to do where a house is concerned. I could use a Lottery win. 😃

Jackie, I hope you get that laundry dry. Did that neighbor ever get the building supplies out of your way so you can drive through easily? Hopefully the ground will dry up and you will be able to walk on the moor again.

Sandy, I am glad you didn’t have to look after the sick kiddos. Stay well! Thanks for your suggestions but I think I found the cause of my leaky nose.

Need to get the trash out for collection day.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

4wn7dmeg17s3.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) The eclipse was awesome looking at it from my balcony with protected glasses. We had about 85% coverage so not a total eclipse, but those that did it was amazing to see. I did try to take some pictures but they weren't any good. The next one is in 20 years so I doubt I will be here for that so glad I got to see this one.
    I have a nail appointment today but nothing after that. I was going to visit a friend but she just texted she didn't sleep well so I took a raincheck. Supposed to be 60 so maybe today I will take that walk.

Lin, glad you found the source of your nose bleeds.

Jackie, thank you for keeping us updated with Anne. I sure do miss her.

Have a good day all.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi, I have been busy tidying, cleaning a bit and doing laundry. My Zoom classes start soon and it is Tuesday which means another YouTube Live this evening. I have furniture moved in my bedroom so the new thermostat can be installed. They have unimpeded access to the air return vent. I need to vacuum the first floor return air vent but I need to charge my little vacuum first.

Sandy, glad you enjoyed viewing the eclipse. You could plan a trip to Spain in 2026 and view it there. You are adventurous enough to do that with some friends. Are the kids feeling better? Hope you got a manicure that you like.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

old17k2857p2.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Another beautiful day. I am going for hair color and cut this afternoon and later dinner with Cheryl and her SIL. It will be a free dinner, we just have to listen to a seminar on finances. I already have a finance guy but Cheryl and Cathy do this all the time as they are held in nice restaurants.
    We just have to seem to be interested. I will let you know how I feel about this tomorrow but hey it's a free dinner.

Lin, yeah, no, I don't think I will be planning any trips to Spain for the eclipse. I do have other trips I am trying to plan, just have to find the right time with this trial. I did indeed get my no chip mani and love it. The kids are better but with being in school there are always germs around.

I hope to run to the post office and pick up the shampoo and conditioner Bryanna ordered for me at the supply store she uses. She gets me her discount so much appreciated. I wish I had time for another walk because it felt so good yesterday.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited April 10
    Options
    Hello! It was a long day yesterday with hours getting pink colour in my hair as part of the fun memorial and celebration Friday for my friend that died recently. Then about 9pm as I sat watching tv a knock at the door and crazy neighbours insisting I move my car even though it was not in anyone’s way. I had left it by my gate because I was tired when I got home. I walked out to the area to point this out and said if anything was in the way it was the pile of rubbish! It seemed obvious to me a daughter who had been visiting and parked badly didn’t know how to reverse out in the dark as she kept saying she didn’t want to scratch my car! Of course I was then yelled at so thought it safest to put my car in my garage as awkward as it was with an extra car there. You can imagine I wasn’t in the right mood to type a chatty post after that. In fact I was furious!
    So yes Lin, the rubbish is still there! That’s my car in my garage that currently takes a six point turn to get in and out.
    04xqysjjqcbx.jpeg
    The Bugs Bunny teapot did make me laugh!

It was a lovely sunny day yesterday but still very windy but I spent most of the afternoon at the hairdresser’s. Sandy, I’m guessing your hair colour isn’t pink like mine!
    Today we are back to constant rain so a wet walk with George and Betty round the block then a pleasant afternoon at Linda’s home. I have borrowed her grandson’s football team scarf to wear at Friday’s memorial because before she died, my friend planned the get together and wanted everyone to wear her favourite team colours, green and white. Green isn’t my favourite colour to wear so a scarf is a better option. Linda has also laminated a sign for me with my address, to staple to a new wheelie bin the local council delivered for our rubbish collection that gets picked up at the far end of our access track. Without my address on it I’m sure it would soon disappear!

A small family living in South Carolina I follow on YouTube, where they view locations in Britain they hope to visit one day, posted a fun video of their trip to a local park to watch the eclipse with their 5 year old daughter so I feel I watched it with them and listened to everyone cheering as darkness descended!

No news from Anne yet but I expect she is busy getting settled in at Michael’s apartment. She also has appointments with a Cardiologist and blood tests.

Bedtime for me as I plan to be up early to go shopping for a few groceries then see if it’s dry enough to take the pooches for a longer walk. The forecast isn’t particularly promising!

Take care.
    Jackie 🥰

• linder4866
    edited April 11
    Options
    Good evening. Okay, I did what I could to be ready for the installation guys tomorrow. I got an automated message to remind me they are coming tomorrow but once again, not a hint of when they will show up. I don’t need to know the exact moment but would like some general idea of no earlier than….. I also don’t know what I can use or if they take breaks away from the property or when they quit in the evening I feel a bit like I would rather be somewhere other than here. We will see I guess.

Jackie, oh my gosh, what a stack of stuff! Good thing you are a very good driver. What horrible people. Sounds like you are set for the memorial/celebration on Friday. Your hair color sounds lovely and lively! On several Zoom classes, before the class actually started, there was discussion about the Eclipse and most people were not in the total eclipse zone and were very disappointed that it didn’t even get dark. It was fun to watch on video. Good enough for me.

Sandy, I hope you had a good time at dinner. I receive those invitations from time to time, actually got two last week. I never say yes. Always classy locations and one invitation last week stated the choices of available entrees. That is nice. But still, no.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

rj322pl8ppnx.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    Drizzle, thick fog; what more can I say about the weather! I did shop for groceries early, then walked the dogs on the edge of the moors, having decided we are all bored with the same old route round the block. It wasn’t the best decision because the ground was stirred up by tractors and livestock so both pooches needed to be washed when we got home but did enjoy their run. Also, at one point I lost my way in the fog that seemed to become even thicker as we walked, so stood still for a moment until I heard a car on the nearby road and worked out what direction I should be walking! Both dogs are snoozing and I’m pottering but also about to light up the log burner. My heating is usually switched off by April 1st but not this year!

Lin, I don’t like having people working in my home either, especially if not told when to expect them. I get up early then find I’m waiting and not able to settle to any other task until they arrive. It feels like an invasion into my private space! I hope the day goes well with no hiccups.

I’ve asked Sheila if I can leave George and Betty with her tomorrow so I don’t worry about getting home, should the service or afternoon refreshments take longer than anticipated. She was in the middle of cleaning her oven so a definite sign she is feeling a lot better now her back pain has gone.

I shall now give the hens an afternoon snack before they disappear completely into the fog, light the fire and even push the vacuum cleaner around downstairs.

Take care
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) The finance seminar was good and the hamburger delicious, especially since it was free. lol I learned a couple of things that I will go over with my own finance guy but always open to new suggestions.
    Not sure about my meeting yet, we are expecting lots of rain so will see how the weather is when I am supposed to leave. I might not be at next week's meeting as John and Laurie are coming for a few days but she might have a doctor's appointment the same time as my meeting so we will see.
    I did not sleep well, my mind wouldn't shut off so I am tired today, another reason I may or may not go to meeting.

Jackie, I love your hair pink, I just don't have the nerve. I am pretty blonde though, once she put the foils in my hair she went on a zoom call and I felt I was forever but it does look nice. Good luck at the service tomorrow and drive safe. That pile of junk is just wrong, isn't there some type of ordinance that can make them clean that up?

Lin, I am with you, I hate when service people come and leave such a big window. I hope they can get do it all in one day so you can relax. Cheryl and her SIL go to a lot of those types of seminars. They basically go for the free dinners but sometimes get new information they can use. It's a nice girl's night out.

Have a great day everyone and keep safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello. The crew is still here. A group of 3 technicians is hard at it. One guy seems to be very knowledgeable and tells the other what to do. They will be back again tomorrow. Much involved and I believe they are expecting the last of the parts today at some point. Oh my gosh! Crazy loud, lots of thumping, banging, and assorted noises. Several times there were big crashes, I don’t know what that was but hopefully nothing was broken!

Jackie, wow, losing your bearings out there in the fog. Glad you could hear some cars. Washing up a couple of pooches is a lot of work. Happy hens with their snack. Do drive carefully tomorrow. Glad also George and Betty have a place to stay while you are gone. Your neighbors……what can I say? 🤨

Sandy, glad you enjoyed the meeting. Look forward to follow up calls and/or correspondence. Unless you were Jane Doe. 😄 It is exhausting to have your brain in overdrive when you want to be sleeping. Take care.

Well, I guess that is about it. The schedule for tomorrow is as unknown as today’s has been. I hope the new installation will be wonderful.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

rewmgu48soui.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Laundry is started. Leaving this afternoon to go to Marisa's college for Mom's weekend. Will be back Sunday. It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend so should be fun. Cheryl is picking me up around 3:00 since she has to work and we have a room in the Union hotel which is part of the University so will be in walking distance to most things. Bringing some games so we can have some fun with Marisa's friends. Will also probably take Marisa for a nice dinner.

Lin, there was no pressure for the seminar, no business cards were handed out and no emails or phone calls to follow. It was just to inform us of options for using a financial consultant. Besides I don't answer my phone if I don't know the number and emails are easily deleted. That is why I use two emails one for my personal and the other for those sites that require an email that I don't care about. I hope they finish up with your new furnace today so you can get some peace and quiet.

BTW, I did go to my meeting yesterday as the rain never came. Have a good day and great weekend.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello.

Sandy enjoy your weekend! Glad there was no pressure. Safe travels……

Jackie, hope your travels were safe and you are home now.

Cute thing I found today. Do you agree with these Jackie?

86v4vi9czef0.jpeg

Hot weekend on the way. The technicians worked hard today but they accomplished a couple of things, they are certain what parts/boards need to be ordered and they got the air conditioning up and running. No features or fan speeds or anything with the heat or the cooling right now but I am glad to not have to sweat profusely all weekend.

Back tomorrow.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

2kexfwt2gool.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Living the college life. Pool, darts, karaoke,bags and riding the bull !Lol More fun today!
    Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    What fun Sandy.

It is hot and sunny here. I have been fighting to get a steady Internet connection today. Also did more cleaning up in the basement. While I was at it, I started back on the cleanout road. That may be my summer project.

Finished a couple of graduation cards today. Time to think of what will work for another friend’s birthday card. Nothing is coming to mind right now. Oh, and did a few Zoom classs as well.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

ubbyepth5iiq.jpeg