Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,602 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 Thanks! What a shame you never got any bees. I really enjoy watching them and it is super busy every year. Feeding them is also awesome. I love helping animals in my garden, though I am not really happy with my backyard. It is a lot of work to keep things tidy. I planted flower seeds last year, but I mostly got a bunch of mustard. I want to try again this summer, but I still have to clear out all the dead plants. I should try to do that soon. I have always wanted to watch a caterpillar turn into a butterfly, but I almost never see caterpillars and I don't know anything about it so they are probably safer without my 'help'.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 4/7: 6,813
    Mon 4/8: 8,809
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,552 Member
    Options
    Itadakimasu7

PW: 191.1
    CW: 197.1

I had pizza last night for my anniversary and I suspect it's water and menopause.

@Itadakimasu7 Definitely water. There's a ton of sodium and carbs in pizza, both of which retain water.
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 58 Member
    Options

@jessicakrall8 it's 9,267! Sorry, dyslexic moment!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,552 Member
    Options
    @cre804 Great picture!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @cre804 Great picture. We had the chance to see the eclipse in totality as well.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hey yall. @pupowl, can you move me back to the team from support? I FINALLY got released to increase my activities. My step count cannot exceed 3500 to 4000 at the moment but since my surgical scar is closed and no longer draining, I'm excited. I return end of July for a follow-up. Hoping I can continue to increase my step count in the meantime.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a few days away to visit my son. He was in the path of totality for the eclipse, so my husband and I took our two big dogs to see our son. Experiencing the eclipse was amazing.

I don't bring my computer with me when I travel, and it is hard for me to post/read the message boards on my phone:) i did better with the hotel breakfast than I usually do. For the nine hour drive there and back, we brought sandwiches and snacks instead of hitting the fast-food places.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, so we'll see what the scale says. In any case, I feel good about this trip and how I handled eating healthier instead of my go crazy vacation mode eating.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited April 9
    Options
    I’m glad you’re on the mend @Armygirlarmyof1! Good luck with the surgery @CasandraW. I hope you get some relief soon!

So cool to be in the direct path to get such a perfect vantage point. We were driving back from a weekend rowing trip in Tennessee. So, it was fun to chat with some local residents as we shared our eclipse viewing glasses.

I love all the yard wildlife stories and local photos. Thanks for sharing, everyone!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    The Week 2 Group Challenge is up! Let's fill our toolbox to get past cravings and into action:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10913185/april-week-2-challenge-beating-cravings-and-getting-unstuck/p1?new=1

@alleykat69 It was posted on page 6. Jessica is on vacation so jugar took over posting the challenge. You could have also looked yourself at the main page of the F2F challenge: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

thank you for reposting. I couldn't find it. I searched.
  • Pupowl
    edited April 10
    Options
    Hey yall. @pupowl, can you move me back to the team from support? I FINALLY got released to increase my activities. My step count cannot exceed 3500 to 4000 at the moment but since my surgical scar is closed and no longer draining, I'm excited. I return end of July for a follow-up. Hoping I can continue to increase my step count in the meantime.

@Armygirlarmyof1 That's great news! Of course we can get you moved back. Do you have a recent weigh in we can use as your starting weight? And will you keep Monday as your weigh in day? Thanks!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Tuesday ~ April 9
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a pretty lazy rest day. My body was happy about it. I went to the giftshop to look for a book for my niece. She is having a birthday party on Sunday. My tiny village doesn't have all that much and I have no idea what books are good for a 7 year old, but I found something I thought would work. I sent a picture to my brother to make sure she didn't have it yet and he said it was a perfect choice so that's good. I read a lot and worked on my puzzle a bit. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Pupowl
    Wednesday weigh in
    PW: 195.3
    CW: 193.3
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    Reflecting on each day is a good habit. Look back on today and tell yourself that you did the best you could. Be proud of yourself for those moments when you showed bravery or stepped out of your comfort zone. Even if things haven't panned out as you hoped, ask yourself, will you remember this day a year from now? If the answer is no, then let it go. Tomorrow is a new day, and with it comes new challenges and possibilities.

hug7drmj1nj7.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @CasandraW Good luck with the surgery! Would love to hear how it went.
This discussion has been closed.