WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My regular Dr & I found lumps in my right breast and the nurse tech checked last week at the hospital. Today, there were no lumps found at all, he said all was clear (no cancer) and no lumps (no cyst) and everything looked good & healthy.

This right here just made my day! I am so happy that you got this good news!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    That is such good news @girlhitchhiker ! You are joining the "p" people - perfect! Progressing, pathfinding, peerless, powerhouses!

Speaking of words beginning with P - if any of you love hilarious kids' books, get Margaret Atwood's Princess Prunella and the Purple Peanut. There are some great read-out-loud versions on YouTube. Talk about a resource for anyone looking for words that begin with P! And yes, it's the same person who wrote The Handmaid's Tale. She's done it all :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Your day is inspiring me @lauren_989 - I did not have a great one today!

OK - here's the line-up through Thursday! I'll be on the road tomorrow, but will catch up when I am settled in.

@trudy_eh
    @tlcjen12
    @RachelSibiya1
    @eavdic188
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    another good day here for me. pretty sore from dance cardio but excited to practice that choreography next week! I got out for a nice walk after dinner and even attempted to jog a few blocks.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 244.6
    CW 246

My weight was all over the place this week
    Brad and I are off tomorrow and we have a spa day in the morning and then lunch with a friend we used to work with
    His doctor referred him to a sports medicine clinic as there is definitely an injury to the knee
    One day at a time!
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Waistaways! I hope you are having lovely day.
    I did and update later but

@ashleycarole86

I am sorry for my lack of steps. My fitbit was broken, I have new one now so so far no steps for me.
    Today is first day I am wearing my fitbit so can I start from today, please?
    Sorry to mess you about :heart:
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen - Nice loss - are you a morning workout person? How do you get up so early? I'm hit or miss on getting up early for my workout but know it's the best time to do it and I feel so productive but it's so hard to get up?
    My question to the morning workout people - what's your tricks to get it done early?

@girlhitchhiker - So happy to hear your good news.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    @cleaneater80 - If I had a choice to do it in the evening, I probably would. However, the spin class is only offered at 5:30am or 11:00 am (when I am at work). Knowing I enjoy the coach and class is what gets me up that early. CrossFit I can do at 5:30 pm, so that is when I go.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    dft5v1oxbimp.png

Next Week's Group Challenge will be a Partner Walking Challenge, so please find your partner and send me: Your Team's name and the Two Walker's names. Please tag me @jessicakrall8 !

Challenge starts Sunday, Apr 14th! Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jessica
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989

Congrats on your wins. Which C25k program are you using? I have used a very old podcast from the UK that I always come back to, but was curious if there were others.
  • girlhitchhiker
    girlhitchhiker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Decided to start logging in my food dairy today, and hope by keeping track of what I'm eating, it will allow me to improve even more on the way I eat. Don't have as many bad food habits as before, but there is always room for improvement.

Been lazy in regards to exercising, to be honest I don't really enjoy doing it much any more. Don't know if it's my age (61 yrs) or health issues, maybe both.

However, I did have a good day and great companionship with my two cats.😺😻
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    @StayFITTer I use the Zenlab couch to 5k app. It's an 8 week program. I used none to run before and felt that was great for a beginner.
  • jugar
    Options
    @lauren_989 a window! That is great encouragement. You are on all kinds of a roll!

I am down visiting my dad - he is starting hospice care, on the final fade - but still with his smile! Some of the word jumbles today were fascinating - for a while, he only said things that began with N. He should host sesame street :smiley:

My food and exercise are kind of a mess, but I'll get going first thing in the morning and think of all of you getting your exercise on for inspiration Thanks!

Due through Friday:

@trudy_eh
    @tlcjen12
    @RachelSibiya1
    @eavdic188
    @bowens1973
    @EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @micki48
    @girlhitchhiker

Have a good one!