BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Well done 👏😃 @andja87
    That's a pretty good bug to catch!
  • BodyTalking
    edited April 10
    Options
    I came across this no-sugar meal plan and thought I'd share with you. I'm not one for diets or omitting certain food but this one is about no added sugar rather than no carbohydrates, which I think is workable. I haven't gone through all the meal suggestions and recipes but it looks like it could be a helpful guide to conscious healthier eating.

https://www.eatingwell.com/30-day-no-sugar-low-cholesterol-meal-plan-for-beginners-8628656

Screenshot from Day 1
    hztjbz1jjh2t.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    I came across this no-sugar meal plan and thought I'd share with you. I'm not one for diets or omitting certain food but this one is about no added sugar rather than no carbohydrates, which I think is workable. I haven't gone through all the meal suggestions and recipes but it looks like it could be a helpful guide to conscious healthier eating.

https://www.eatingwell.com/30-day-no-sugar-low-cholesterol-meal-plan-for-beginners-8628656

Screenshot from Day 1
    hztjbz1jjh2t.jpg

Ooh, I'm definitely going to steal some meal-inspiration from this. I've been stuck in a rut lately with the foods I eat, could use some novelty. Thanks for sharing!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Alright folks, we've reached the middle of the week. Did we start out strong? What, if anything, needs to change to make this week a success?

If you need some ideas:
    • Take an extra walk this week
    • Park a little further away in the parking lot
    • Use the stairs instead of the elevator
    • Drink more water
    • Eat more satiating snacks
    • Get up from your desk more frequently
    • Stretch right after waking up/before bed
    • Stop eating when you feel nearly-full, not when your plate is empty
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Alright folks, we've reached the middle of the week. Did we start out strong? What, if anything, needs to change to make this week a success?

If you need some ideas:
    • Take an extra walk this week
    • Park a little further away in the parking lot
    • Use the stairs instead of the elevator
    • Drink more water
    • Eat more satiating snacks
    • Get up from your desk more frequently
    • Stretch right after waking up/before bed
    • Stop eating when you feel nearly-full, not when your plate is empty

Thanks for these tips @minstrelofsarcasm!
    This is a great idea - to post something like this once a week!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Just a little reminder for those of you on the step team, if you have not posted last week's steps, please do so now.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 202.4
    CW (Current Weight): 202.0
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    dft5v1oxbimp.png

Next Week's Group Challenge will be a Partner Walking Challenge, so please find your partner and send me: Your Team's name and the Two Walker's names. Please tag me @jessicakrall8 !

Challenge starts Sunday, Apr 14th! Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jessica
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Next Week's Group Challenge will be a Partner Walking Challenge, so please find your partner and send me: Your Team's name and the Two Walker's names. Please tag me @jessicakrall8 !

That challenge sounds great, anybody fancy being my walking partner?
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 188.4
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun-3,612
    Mon-7,541
    Tues-9,575
    Wed-8,388
    Thurs-0
    Fri-0
    Sat-0

Those steps are not really 0. I don’t know why my watch didn’t sinc up to my app. I got a new phone recently that I hate so that could be the problem.
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 502 Member
    edited April 12
    Options
    @Bodytalking Thanks for posting the recipes! I’ve been in a rut lately.

@Stimpy56 Nice loss! 🤩

The weather has been beautiful this week in Colorado! I managed to get out for a 2 mile hike yesterday. Weightlifting with my new program is going well. (My quads are on fire.)

I’ve had a hard time getting my calories under control this week. I put in some time this morning planning out my meals for the day and stuck with it. My calories and macros were just right! 😎

And… I finally changed my profile pic to one with short hair after cutting it all off 4 months ago! 😭
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    ~~ Step Challenge Results - March Week 3 ~~

Team Statistics -
    Total Steppers: 8
    Total Steps: 483,226
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 60,403 (7.99% under last week!)

Individual Statistics -
    @chocoholic - 84,743 total | 12,106 averageMost Steps in One Day!!!@andja87 - 80,759 total | 11,537 average
    @Emilienewme - 72,923 total | 10,418 average
    @BlueSkyNomad - 66,731 total | 9,533 average
    @BodyTalking - 57,555 total | 8,222 average- Most Consistent!!!
    @sydditt - 47,615 total | 6,802 average
    @daria0919 - 43,784 total | 6,255 average
    @Ljdanny - 29,116 total | 7,279 average

What a great start to April! Our bolded members set a step goal for the week and met it! If you want to... be bold (heehee), let us know how many steps you want to hit every day on average and we'll keep track of it for you!

I think Ashley set a goal of 1.75 million which is more than last month's 1.6 million and some change. We would need 437,500K per week and were well over that in the first week. What do you guys think?

As @minstrelofsarcasm said...it sounds like a lot, but something as simple as parking a little further than normal, getting up from your desk to go to a different bathroom than you usually do, inviting a friend to go for a walk and catch up... there's a ton of ways to get in a couple hundred more steps and more. A little bit goes a long way. We've got this!
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 178.0
    Apr 5: 176.0
    Apr 12: 174.8

GW (Apr) 173
    Start weight 196
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 150g+, Fiber 25g+
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 for the Walking Challenge which starts Sunday:

Team Name: The 5K Girls

Teammates: @andja87 and @daria0919
  • BodyTalking
    edited April 12
    Options
    k9uug2dp5iec.jpg pics from today's walk a9z8wvff0kl6.jpg

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @Emilienewme Did you get your partner lined up? What your team name going to be? Let me know...got you down, but need your partner's name...gonna be a fun challenge next week for sure!!

Jessica
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 208.8
    CW (Current Weight): 216.4

Have had a rough few weeks between schedule changes and struggling to adjust my eating to fit the new schedule, the holiday and then being sick, I’ve clearly let myself indulge a bit too much.

I have been able to get back to working out which I’ve done this week just need to get my nutrition back in check.

But I did decide to run the 5k in May! I entered a giveaway for a marathon weekend with the idea that if I won I would pass it along to my friend who was looking to enter the marathon…well I won and my friend said she would not take it from me so lucky me gets to use it on my race 😂

5k redo training starts Sunday! 🏃🏻‍♀️💪🏻
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday

Start weight; 95.5kg (Aug 2023)
    Last week weighed: 79.7 kg
    Current Weight: 79kg

Still in the ‘obese’ range but heading towards just (LOL) ‘overweight’ range.

Feel am back on track and nothing motivates me more than seeing a bit of progress.
This discussion has been closed.