WeightNoMore Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @Emilienewme Did you get your partner lined up? What your team name going to be? Let me know...got you down, but need your partner's name...gonna be a fun challenge next week for sure!!

Jessica

Sorry @jessicakrall8 I haven't got any partner yet. I haven't recieved any messages but have noticed that unless I am already friend with someone I don't get any messages, so if anyone has tried to contact me I am not ignoring you but I haven't seen it. Anybody would like to join the walking challenge and be my partner? Please?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    @Emilienewme Did you get your partner lined up? What your team name going to be? Let me know...got you down, but need your partner's name...gonna be a fun challenge next week for sure!!

Jessica

Sorry @jessicakrall8 I haven't got any partner yet. I haven't recieved any messages but have noticed that unless I am already friend with someone I don't get any messages, so if anyone has tried to contact me I am not ignoring you but I haven't seen it. Anybody would like to join the walking challenge and be my partner? Please?

I need to get back to tracking walking (walking generally), so sure. I'll make a point to get steps in.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 215.4
    Cw- 213.2
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited April 13
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Weigh day Sat

I'm excusing myself today because every muscle in my body is crying mama.

I had a bunch of winter deadfall that the city ignored (picked up everyone else's) and the lawn waste guys wouldn't take because it was huge. So I spent 7-8 hours this week breaking and clipping branches, stuffing lawn waste bags and, eventually, sawing up "branches" the size of my thighs. Once the big stuff was sawed (sawn?) up, they had to be bundled with twine so the lawn waste people would take it. Then they didn't take it and got yelled at and had to come back.

Then I dragged the big mower out to mow, had to fight to start it and lost. Finally had enough of it and went out and bought an electric. Assembled, charged and hey, the front lawn got mowed! Had to do it in two chunks as the battery ran out (probably didn't get a full charge, as I am impatient).

While buying the mower, I got distracted by plants and came home with hostas, tomatoes, cucumbers, rosemary and marigolds. So, I dug four big holes (hubs dug two) and put down hostas. I tried to grow hostas last year from rootballs and it was a dramatic failure...only the four big ones (blue angels) I bought survived winter and I wanted an even ten across the side of the house (the other six are Christmas Tree and Patriot, three of each). Also planted the tomatoes and a marigold. I also planted the rosemary but I'm rethinking that...I think it should be in the house and it c was lavender I wanted to plant there but didn't buy...

So...I'm sore and that means a spike and...well, no. So I'm excused.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday (almost forgot!)

PW: 189.8
    CW: 191.8
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    The Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 14th. Please join us for the Partner Up Walking Challenge! Find your partner and send me a message containing your names and your team name! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10913593/april-week-3-group-challenge-partner-up-walking-challenge#latest

Looking forward to an active and fun week! See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • chocohollic
    chocohollic Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I think Ashley set a goal of 1.75 million which is more than last month's 1.6 million and some change. We would need 437,500K per week and were well over that in the first week. What do you guys think?

As @minstrelofsarcasm said...it sounds like a lot, but something as simple as parking a little further than normal, getting up from your desk to go to a different bathroom than you usually do, inviting a friend to go for a walk and catch up... there's a ton of ways to get in a couple hundred more steps and more. A little bit goes a long way. We've got this![/quote]

Yes, let’s go for it!!

• chocohollic
    Options
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 149
    Current weight: 147.9

Obviously, weight fluctuates day to day. Yesterday I had a sneaky peak and I had a 2lb loss! I know it sounds obsessive but I think I will weigh every day and take a 7 day average. Is that allowed?/does anyone else do that? I know it will give a more true reading of my weight!
  • chocohollic
    Options
    Steps for the week. Really mad at myself as put my watch on charge yesterday am and forgot to put it on all day so have ruined my target for the week 😵‍💫. Won’t do that again 🤣
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps Total, 07-13Apr: 52,085
    S 10024
    M 6282
    T 5311
    W 3965
    T 6020
    F 9315
    S 11168

BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday

Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 81.2 kg/179 lb
    Current weight: 82.2 kg/181.2 lb

Eh?! 😩
    I know I had a couple of lower step days but my eating wasn't that bad either. I'm rather flummoxed by this.
  • BodyTalking
    edited April 14
    Options
    dft5v1oxbimp.png

Next Week's Group Challenge will be a Partner Walking Challenge, so please find your partner and send me: Your Team's name and the Two Walker's names. Please tag me @jessicakrall8 !

Challenge starts Sunday, Apr 14th! Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jessica

The challenge group is looking for more participants. If you haven't got a partner here, ask in the challenge group 🚶‍♀️🚶🏽‍♂️🚶🏾
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    evmml5xub9e4.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy wrote: »
    I caught COVID. :( May I please be excused for this and next week?

@cedarfoxy
    You got it, feel better!
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Weekly steps challenge

Saturday 13th 14689 steps
    Friday 12th 9058 steps
    Thursday 11th 15604 steps
    Wednesday 10th 9316 steps
    Tuesday 9th 10170 steps
    Monday 8th 11868 steps
    Sunday 7th 15164 steps

Total 85869 steps
  • daria0919
    Options
    ehrqddeq78rz.jpeg
    uri5tbfiee3i.jpeg
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 149
    Current weight: 147.9

Obviously, weight fluctuates day to day. Yesterday I had a sneaky peak and I had a 2lb loss! I know it sounds obsessive but I think I will weigh every day and take a 7 day average. Is that allowed?/does anyone else do that? I know it will give a more true reading of my weight!

@chocohollic I weigh myself just about everyday and then report my weight on my weigh in day here as it reads for that day.
    My everyday weigh ins are just for me to see. Like you said it can fluctuate so much day to day I just made weighing myself as part of my morning routine so I can see the numbers and see which way my graph is trending lol
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    xwg24tri5sc4.jpeg
  • daria0919
    Options
    andja87 wrote: »

@chocohollic I weigh myself just about everyday and then report my weight on my weigh in day here as it reads for that day.
    My everyday weigh ins are just for me to see. Like you said it can fluctuate so much day to day I just made weighing myself as part of my morning routine so I can see the numbers and see which way my graph is trending lol

@chocohollic abd @andja87
    I too weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning after bathroom trip. It’s for my sake and it keeps me motivated. Yes, daily fluctuations based on workouts/water retention/cheat foods/salt intake all happen.
    If I fall off the wagon for more than a day or two it’s noticeable and it kicks me back into gear.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Maybe I should also weigh myself more regularly so that I see myself heading in the wrong direction. This week might not have been so bad.
This discussion has been closed.