WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @jugar thinking about you and @EvMakesChanges and your dad. <3

@lauren_989 a new office! how fabulous

okay day here for me. I didn't eat anything until 11am which was a mistake but luckily it didn't ruin my day or lead to crazy snacking. Work was kind of crazy but I took a nice 45 min walk before dinner and got all my laundry done. tired. hope I get a good night of sleep before weigh-in tomorrow.
  • girlhitchhiker
    girlhitchhiker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Back on April 3rd I asked to have my weigh-in day changed to Saturday

girlhitchhiker wrote: »

"Can I please change my weigh-in day to Saturday? If possible!"

@jugar

"Absolutely! You can change any time - it is a good thing to experiment with. Saturday is the only day you can't be late, though - so be sure it is posted by the end of the day.
    Thanks!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    @jugar & @EvMakesChanges - Sorry to hear that about your dad, but I'm glad it sounds like you have a good disposition about it. My thoughts will be with all of you.

@lauren_989 - an office with a window! How wonderful. Congratulations!

I took a break from the workouts Sunday-Tuesday, but Wednesday, Thursday, and starting off Friday have been on point. Last night's CrossFit workout was named, "I can't sit on the toilet." I'm not too bad yet, but I can tell tomorrow is going to kill. I did increase my back squat max weight by 30lbs! I can now max squat 155 lbs!

Also, I have not had alcohol for one week. Part of me hates that this is an accomplishment, but the rest of me recognizes that it is and I am proud of myself. Also, I feel so good not drinking, that I always question why I ever start again. My husband's snide comments about me choosing not to drink helps me stay away from it, but his suggestions of, "wine would go good with this meal", or "seltzer sounds good tonight", or "who has steak tacos without Mexican beer?" can sometimes persuade me off the wagon.

If there is anyone else that is like me with drinking, a good source for encouragement is This Naked Mind https://thisnakedmind.com/. @jugar has mentioned it before. It has worked for me, but only when I don't actively ignore the daily digest and other emails.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Monday, April 8 - 7,377 steps, league bowling - 3 games
    Tuesday, April 9 - 6,240 steps
    Wednesday, April 10 - 6,447 steps, 40 minutes of spin, league bowling - 3 games
    Thursday, April 11 - 6,076 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 258.2
    CW: 253.8

Alright, the real test is can I get 2 losses in a row. I am desperate to break out of thos range. Ideally I would be in a new decade by 4/25, when I have a check up with my weight management NP.

Feeling pretty good today. Weather is gross. I wanted to squeeze in one last snowboarding day tomorrow but I am afraid the coverage will be pure slush at most locations that are still open and within a day trip's drive. Instead, I will do some things around the house tomorrow and a workout, I hope.

TGIF, Waistaways.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @jugar thinking about you and @EvMakesChanges hope they can make your dad as comfortable as possible.

@MaddawgMadsen hope you can sit tomorrow

@Kali225 fantastic loss this week

Got up early to get a walk and some yoga in today, my legs definitely needed some good stretching from sitting at work all day. Excited for the weekend, my husband gets back from a work trip and we are off to the farm to see some baby chicks. Love the signs of spring.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Back on April 3rd I asked to have my weigh-in day changed to Saturday
    girlhitchhiker wrote: »

"Can I please change my weigh-in day to Saturday? If possible!"

@jugar

"Absolutely! You can change any time - it is a good thing to experiment with. Saturday is the only day you can't be late, though - so be sure it is posted by the end of the day.
    Thanks!

Sorry! It is all fixed now :smiley:

• jugar
    Options
    A better day today - Dad was able to talk a bit more and even though he was still sleepy, he was more with it. I got to meet the hospice team, and helped get the furniture moved and all. It could still be months, but it is good that everyone is accepting that the end is coming, and that there is no problem with that.

I had myself on a better-feeling path today. Practiced and did a good workout this morning, and that set up the day for good eating and a walk in the rain. I wish Jasper was around the corner to go for a good ride! He always helps my day go better. I'll see him soon, though.

Tally ho!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    edited April 13
    Options
    @jugar & @EvMakesChanges - Sorry to hear that about your dad, but I'm glad it sounds like you have a good disposition about it. My thoughts will be with all of you…
    Thank you for the good thoughts. Much appreciated! 😘

Also, I have not had alcohol for one week.

That’s fabulous! Well done. You already know a part of what slides you off the wagon…your husbands’ comments.

Instead of ignoring them outright, I suggest asking for his help and support. He’s welcome to try the experiment with you or not. It’s not cool to encourage you to do something you've decided against, even “lightheartedly”. That’s gaslighting, plain and simple and it feels lousy.

It’s more than fair to ask that he support you with behavior that’s more fitting of a loving spouse.
    You know it works to have daily support. Do that. You’re making great strides and changing your chemistry, making it so much stronger. You’ve got this!
  • girlhitchhiker
    girlhitchhiker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Thank you!

Sorry, about your dad. Wishing you & your family peace and comfort at this time
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    CW: 178.6
    Almost forgot to post it today! It felt good to get more walking in when I visited mom for 10-days. My stress was lower, too, which reminds me to ease up on myself when back “on the clock”. Working harder just isn’t necessary!
    This morning, I was all set to drive my newly registered car to work (the gift from mom that I haven’t driven since sending the license plate back to NC in December) and, it didn’t start. How anticlimactic can it get?!
    A friend loaned us a small battery jumper kit (lots simpler than the long cables from decades ago) and, voila! It works. We may still need to replace the small car battery but at least the huge battery that the car runs on when the engine isn’t needed seems fine.
    Now, to get some enzymatic cleaner for the upholstery to remove the stench of mouse urine…fer crying’ out loud! Maybe my killer-kitty should take up residence for a night or two to take care of the population!!
    More soon. 😘
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 239.4
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Not the best eating day...hopefully it didn't derail my progress too much.

@jugar you and your family are in my thoughts!

@Kali225 great loss this week!

@MaddawgMadsen great job on cutting out alcohol this week!
  • jugar
    edited April 13
    Options
    Here comes the end of the week already! Weigh-ins due through Saturday:
    @trudy_eh
    @RachelSibiya1
    @tlcjen12
    @eavdic188
    @wishfuljune
    @micki48
    @girlhitchhiker
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    CW: 178.6
    Almost forgot to post it today! It felt good to get more walking in when I visited mom for 10-days. My stress was lower, too, which reminds me to ease up on myself when back “on the clock”. Working harder just isn’t necessary!

Yippee! New decade :heart: Keep walking and enjoying the fresh air :smiley:
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    PW=78,7Kg
    CW=78,5Kg
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    @jugar - Hi! This month has been crazy busy for me with work travel and personal things that I will need to take a step back. I’m hoping to rejoin in May.
This discussion has been closed.