Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Airport Friends:

I hope you all are doing well this evening. Today Joe and I went and worked in his parents Pole Barn for 5 hours. I wish I could count all that exercise. My Health app went crazy today. So much fitness time. I can only track 120 minutes though. So I did. We got so much cleaned out of the Pole Barn at his parents house. We took 2 couches, a dishwasher, a computer chair, and 10 bags of clothes that were all bad to the side of the road for bulk trash pick up for them on Monday. We also packed my car with some more of Joe's history. We are starting to make progress and bring all his stuff home finally and make this feel more like his home. I want him to have his things here. That is important. We are gonna be here for a couple of years and I want him to know this is his space too. Just because I own it doesn't mean it isn't ours. So we packed my car full of some more of his things. We almost have it all.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Well when you take a family of 7 and you want to go to Disney in Florida and you need, flights, car rental, hotel on Disney property and tickets to get into the park that is expensive. For 4 people I sent last year it was $4,208.00 So imagine sending 7. Way way more because they all wanted to share a suite and they all wanted express passes so they did not have to wait in line for rides. So it was way more expensive. It was almost $14,000. Yeah crazy expensive. I don't see how they are going to get it cheaper when I was right on the Disney website for all of this stuff

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday evening.

Tabatha
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,125 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain WOW!! That was a super busy day!! BUT COOL that you can do stuff like this!! WOW that a family would pay so much, but than again. I am joining my extended family in July at an ABNB which has 9 bedrooms, the cost is YO! But it has everything we could ever want, and is a part of the country club. I hope if the person were talking to, decides to have it done through you all s/he gets a hold of YOU!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: There is something wonderfully bold and liberating about saying yes to our entire imperfect and messy life.—Tara Brach
    I AM: I have been through so much but I am still standing.
    Action for Happiness: Relax your body & mind with yoga, Tai chi or meditation.
    Happy National Dolphin Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.—Albert Schweitzer
    Day 104 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.18 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Off today and have a family party for my cousins soon to be bonus daughters 1st Holy Communion but will get my Pliability: Prime Movers in after we get home and 60 min walk after that.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and Joe and I are relaxing some of the day since busting our butts yesterday. We are going to do some Door Dash and some other things today, but I am glad we are able to spend it at home instead of at his parents house.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes we did do a lot yesterday. I too hope they call me to get their reservation set up. The Grandma was not too happy about the cost and felt she could get it cheaper, but she doesn't realize Disney has a deal with AAA and they get a bit of a discount for booking through us as well as the rental cars. So that is definitely a thing. I am not sure she will be able to get it cheaper. We will see if she calls back.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Diane: We had sunshine but wind again. Today is much quieter.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,504 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, wishing you a happy and blessed day. Didn't do much, just washed clothes, folded and put away. Today is my rest day. I hit another local spot on my Western trail walk.
    f6qhub3lzoqx.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, well if the person doesn't realize it's the best deal there is before she goes, likely she'll realize it later!! Glad you both got to enjoy the day. Hope the dashing was good!
    @Patti241 today it was lovely up here!! I know I was outside though not for long, I do not remember the wind being totally out of control but it may of been!!
    @Kurtize , WOW!! It'd be so much fun to go to Owen Point!! PRETTY!! TY TY and CONGRATS on the milestone!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a great week. We are going to be productive and get our exercise in. We are going to do great with meals and all that jazz. That is my hope for the group this week. Today after work Joe and I will be Door Dashing. It is going to be a slow evening since Door Dash is not too busy on Monday's and Tuesday's but it will be a good start to the week. So there is that.

@Kurtize - Way to go on the Western Trail Stop. I love the photos they provide. They are awesome.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. It was a good day. We had a good afternoon.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: There’s a responsibility in being a person. It’s more than just taking up space where air would be.—John Steinbeck
    I AM: I am embarking on a new level of self confidence.
    Action for Happiness: Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing).
    Happy National Anime Day!!!!
    Happy World Art Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.—Albert Schweitzer
    Day 105 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.18 miles yesterday.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting my Active Recovery cardio and Murph Prep: Half Murph in before work, 60 min walk this afternoon and Pliability: Total Package after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Options
    It is a beautiful day. Got my hair cut (very, very short). We cleaned the car inside and out. I walked Kayla and other than that is all that is new. I got a new post card On the West Coast trail. Posted info on 5% blog, here is link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Sure hope today was very good for you!! Yesterday I WAY OVER DID IT!! Today I didn't. I did have to run 1 errand, a friend picked me up, helped me with it and back home! WOOHOO!! Now to catch up on the computer, and I'd like 600 more steps by midnight, that should be easy enough. Hope the dashing went very well!
    @Patti241, Hope you enjoyed the day?
    @Kurtize, NICE JOB Joyce!! I had mine cut so short a few years ago, I've not had it cut since! Hope you enjoy the freedom of it! Short hair is easier (usually) to deal with. WOOHOO on the walk!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be another amazing day. Today I will be dashing again after work, but I don't mind that. Mondays and Tuesdays are not super busy with door dash orders so I can take it easier and not have to rush to do my deliveries. It is more laid back. That is always a good thing. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and she said it was the best adjustment we have had to date and she was really pleased with my progress. I can definitely tell my back is a little looser and not tight and angry all the time. It is really helping my pain. Today I have a credit card huddle at work. We talk about different ways we can get people to apply for our credit cards. I need 2 to be up to date. I need one for March and one for this month. So I am a bit behind, but I am sure I will get there. I just need to start asking again.

@Kurtize - That is awesome. I loved when I cut my hair really short. It was great. Now I am ready for the long hair again so I am growing it out, and have been since I got engaged in October of 2022. It seems to be taking forever.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It was a pretty decent day yesterday. Dashing was good as well. Sorry you overdid it. Glad you were able to slow down.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Respect for the truth comes close to being the basis of all mortality.—Frank Herbert
    I AM: I am important to myself and my loved ones.
    Action for Happiness: Go exploring around your local area and notice new things.
    Happy National Wear your Pajamas to Work Day!!!
    Happy National Healthcare Decisions Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not how much money you make, but the difference you make in people’s lives.—Michelle Obama
    Day 106 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5 miles yesterday.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting in my Upper Body Shoulder’s Chipper in before work then 60 min walk this afternoon and Pliability: Quads/Hams after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Here is short hair cut.

bf8wrlgr64gq.jpg
  • Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Hello team!
    Yesterday was a glorious day. Hubby and I were off work for Patriot's Day - a Massachusetts only holiday. The weather was close to 70 and sunny.
    I am following a fitness calendar this month so I did my workout first and then we went to a local pond and walked outside. It was great. I love the walkways there (some dirt) as most are large enough for 2-3 people to pass at a time.
    Today was back to work. It wasn't great but since I'm in the retirement countdown, it makes the time go by faster.
    Have a great evening!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Glad dashing went well!! WOOHOO hope it did tonight also. That's GREAT NEWS about your back!! I know I won't apply for a new card mostly because when one does DOWN goes the credit score. Do you all offer one to help if they are in debt to consolidate their cards etc into one at a lower interest rate? I keep hearing so many are living on their cards, and can't pay them off. Thankfully I learned years ago, if I can't afford it, I do not needit. But for many now, it's to barely meet their basic needs.
    @Patti241, how are you doing with the freggies?
    @Kurtize, WOW Joyce, it takes a strong person to carry off a short haircut and YOU DO!! NICE!
    @Lopeyp ,,, Ahhhhh Maine used to be a part of MA eons ago, we also have Patriots day. I used to work for the city of Portland (Social Services handing out benefits) LOL I swear we had more days OFF than we worked!! But we worked so hard when we were open. Of course schools, banks and government had the day off yesterday. Glad you were able to take advantage of it. Nice!! How nice with the fitness calendar!! COOL idea!!

Today I have to take care of myself with NO activity!! I need to remember I just had surgery 5 days ago, it takes time to heal. When you can't lift anything over 10 lbs for 2 weeks, it means I need to allow myself to heal. I have to take it easier for myself.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and Joe and I have Online Life Group tonight so no Door Dashing tonight. I am glad also. I think I need a break. I feel like I am getting run down again. So it is time to relax. Today at work I am hoping to get some memberships. I need to get those going. I am a bit behind. I am sure I will catch up though. If we are slow today I am going to see if I can go walking down the plaza and try to talk to some of the businesses about signing people up for AAA memberships. I think that would be a good option today. I wanna get that done.

@Kurtize - I love your haircut. You look so cute. It really suits you.
    @Lopeyp - That sounds like a wonderful day off. I would say it does make it easier going back to work when you have an end date countdown. I so need to follow a fitness calendar. I think it would really help me.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We do not offer that, but our cashback is pretty great. 4% for the first 6 months and then 3% on everyday spending, 2% on travel and insurance, and 1% on everything else. Which I think means like utility bills and stuff. I do believe the rate on the credit card depends on your credit score. So not really horrible. Yes, no activity for you. Give yourself time to relax and heal,

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The creation of the world did not occur at the beginning of time, it occurs every day.—Marcel Proust
    I AM: Every failure can be a learning experience.
    Action for Happiness: Be active outside. Plant some seeds and encourage growth.
    Happy National Kickball Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.—Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Day 107 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.49 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day as always with a 45 min walk tracked on the Strava app.
    Off today so getting into the gym this morning for a Custom Full Body workout to use some of the new gym equipment + Murph Prep: Restore then home for Pliability: Shoulders + Back this afternoon, 60 min walk after dinner and Zoom Workout at 5PM.