Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and we will be watching Church online today. Joe and I are meal prepping and cleaning today. So it will be a good day. Relaxing and doing stuff we want to do.

@Kurtize - Wow 2 walks at once. That is awesome.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I live in Michigan. We will only get 90% view of the eclipse, but Joe and I both have to work so no viewing for us. We do stop places and take photos. So that is a great thing to do. Joe does sometimes have troubles with the GPS from Walmart Delivery app. So that is a thing. Glad you were not upset with the lady. I am surprised about the scientists as well. Although I know some of them are trying to see how the eclipse affects the wildlife. I have heard a lot about watching how your pets react to it.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,027 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Supposed to be a nice day. Finally sun with no wind.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,498 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Dianedoessmiles1 appreciate your kind words. Thank you also @Tabatha_Cain. Beautiful day here, we sat on the porch, I took Kayla for a walk. Great day

hjxfc48vazcf.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,109 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, WOOHOO hope you both got to enjoy a rare relaxing day!!! That's great!! Today we had SUNSHINE it was ALMSOT SCARY!! I had google it to see why the sky was so bright. Turns out that's supposed to happen. At work will they let you go outside or at least galk out the windows? If I were on the front end I'd be asking my cashiers and service clerks who really wants to see it, and let them run in and out fast. Awww I knew it wasn't her fault, if I had been upset it would of brought my day down. But, assuring her all was well, well that lifted not only her spirit (she was worried about a negative review)but taken down mine as well.
    @Patti241, I am still struggling with covid systmptoms (no longer infectious! THANKFULLY) today I went to the grocery store and back, I took a 2 hour nap after! BUT I LOVED being out in the sunshine!! it was so nice!! COLD, but NICE!
    @Kurtize, you do so well!! Awww HI Kayla!!! LOL Did she do that doggie dance?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a good day. Today is the Eclipse. This is going to be an interesting day. Not sure how busy we will be or if any at all. With it being Monday I would assume moderately busy, but who knows. We have 2 ladies out of the office today. So that will be fun. But we will manage.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am sure we will be able to go outside and look, just not sure if we will have the time. Not sure how busy we will be with it being a Monday.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,223 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.—Rudyard Kipling
    I AM: I am worthy of being loved as deeply and purely as I love.
    Action for Happiness: Give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh.
    Happy National Zoo Lovers Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.—Derek Jeter
    Day 98 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.25 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk.
    Work noon-6PM so getting my workouts in before work and 60 min walk in the afternoon.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, Hope work goes well and you do get a chance to look at it, or least online. Online may be better depending on where it is you live. We have a fully sunny day (RARE!! SO RARE!! The turnpike is SUPER CRAZY with people deciding to come up (CAN'T BLAME THEM!). I have at least 3 people people coming over, possibly 5. LOL!! Hey ocean and eclipse. We are no fools!! I am waiting for a training on ZOOM to come through. It should be starting any moment. May we all enjoy the day!
  • LaetitiaLouise
    LaetitiaLouise Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a good day. Today is the Eclipse. This is going to be an interesting day. Not sure how busy we will be or if any at all. With it being Monday I would assume moderately busy, but who knows. We have 2 ladies out of the office today. So that will be fun. But we will manage.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am sure we will be able to go outside and look, just not sure if we will have the time. Not sure how busy we will be with it being a Monday.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha

Is it a total eclipse for you? I actually went to France in 1999 to see one and it was unforgettable.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    edited April 8
    Options
    Well, it's taken me a while to get through all the posts from Saturday and before! I was called off-island for the weekend and just got back, so I feel like I'm 3 weeks behind instead of 3 days!
    All is well here - rainy week ahead, but we need the rain so I don't complain. Makes for great sunsets over the ocean! Getting a Lomilomi massage this afternoon to help ease my back pain. I manage to get a massage every 2 weeks. I get to the gym 3 times a week, too. At my age (almost 90) I need all the physical help I can get!
    Be sure to check out "Daily Challenges" that I manage under Discussions. Every day (almost) I put in some short challenge that is meant to be fun, not a chore!
    E Komo Mai (welcome) to all the new members and to all the returning members. It's exciting to have you here.
    (Lucy)
  • Kurtize
    Options
    It is so overcast don't think you can really observe the eclipse. Anyway hope if you can, you will be able to observe it. I got my first post card on the West Coast Trail. Here is link to the card and info on the journey.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest

Have a great day, hugs all.

Today's Inspiration: “Eat well, exercise, laugh with your friends, and don’t ever make excuses and you will be a healthy and happy person.” - Dylan Richards
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @LaetitiaLouise , I am Maine which the northern part of had 100% (A few friends went up, I got their pictures also. Where I am (Southern Coastal Maine) we had 96% which was still so cool!!! Here's a pic of a part of what I saw (it did cover more)
    4bu952syvc0m.jpg
    a friend went 3 hours to Northern Maine this is her picture
    jyuyj0z16zes.png
    @lavalily WOW!! I had no clue you were almost 90!! You certainly are a very young almost 90!! WOW!! You could teach so many so much!! TY TY TY for being a leader!! WELCOME BACK HOME!
    @Kurtize, I am so sorry hon you didn't get to enjoy the eclipse!! Yet, we adore your positive attitude!! CONGRATS on the walk!! I think I am behind a few days on the team walkingworld trail!! OVER I'll GO AND CATCH IT UP!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a great day. I am going to be working a lot harder today to get some memberships. I did not really work at it yesterday since I knew a lot of people were totally worried about the eclipse and not really home. So I just kinda left it alone. Today I am going to hit it hard. I am still so tired a lot.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Work went well. We had a customer come in with her eclipse glasses so we in the office were able to take a look. It was pretty awesome. It was a good day at work.
    @LaetitiaLouise - We had about 96% totality. So we could see almost the full eclipse here in Michigan.
    @lavalily - So glad you were able to get back ok. Sorry for the rain. We are moving pretty quick through chat,
    @Kurtize - I am so sorry you could not see the eclipse.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: If you avoid conflict to keep the peace, you start a war inside yourself.—Cheryl Richardson
    I AM: I know that the best is yet to come and that makes me happier.
    Action for Happiness: Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise.
    Happy National Unicorn Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Haile Gebrselassie
    Day 99 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.02 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Work noon-6PM today so getting in my Met-Con & Pliability/Mobility: Lower Body before work and 60 min walk at work.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,027 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • LaetitiaLouise
    LaetitiaLouise Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Not having the best day. Eaten that which I ought not, and my cat is missing (these two things are definitely not related).
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, sounds like yesterday was a good day!! WOOHOO to that!!!!! I hope you got a few sales today.
    @Patti241 HI Patti, enjoy the day.
    @LaetitiaLouise , I am so sorry it's a bad day!! I hope your kitty comes back fast!! Many suggest taking a piece of clothing or something it enjoys, putting outside in an area they can run to, but also not at risk and scared of others. Could it be in a shed? Garage? Often if they are they'll not come out easily they get terrified if it's an indoor kitty. Mine was missing for 3 days once, it had fallen into a neighbors cellar, he did not want her to get out, but thankfully I have her back! It was scary!! Also have you contacted the local animal rescue place? And do you have a cat rescue page online etc? On Nextdoor they are always missing. Sure hope kitty is home fast!! Oh yeah used kitty litter placed outside if they are lost they may pick on the scent to find their way back.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hello fellow travelers, it is rainy, 42 outside. We could use a good rain I think. Not so windy when raining. Tomorrow night I am going to a Seder meal. Our church is putting it on. The man leading it is Jewish and we are going to follow his family traditions. He has become Christian but remember his Jewish roots. I am looking forward to it. I have been to them before. I especially like the ones when a person who know the Jewish tradition leads it. Cleaned and mopped kitchen, burned 355 calories. Other than that nothing else is new, oh yes, hit a local spot on the West Coast Trail walk.
    yz0ck1m7q6p9.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, WOOHOO on the rain, hey, if you need more, I AM WILLING TO SHARE!! We have had so much. On a hand it's awesome, many homes in Maine depend on wells (even a few in the cities!) and of course, rain keeps the ground nice so there aren't as many wild fires!! On the other hand,we've had so much rain the trees come down easier. Maine is 90% Trees. That's so cool on the Bonsia tree!! CONGRATS on the achievement!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be an interesting day at work. Today is what they call Hotdog day. So we get to wear jeans and they are purging all the old files that per law we no longer have to retain in the office. So they bring in a big trash container and we throw away all the papers we no longer have to keep. Then the service comes and gets the trash can and shreds it all. While we are all doing this my boss is bringing in hotdogs for lunch. So that is what we will have for lunch today. I don't have to bring anything. It is pretty awesome. I like this idea.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I did not get any sales, but it was a decent day so that does help.
    @LaetitiaLouise - So sorry about your cat. I do hope your cat shows back up. You could put some of their food outside and see if that helps.
    @Kurtize - Glad the wind has slowed down for you. Enjoy the Seder Meal.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Eid Mubarak to those who celebrate! May this special day bring you joy, love, and countless blessings.—Insight Timer Team
    I AM: I attract what I talk about, so I only speak positive words.
    Action for Happiness: Have a day with less screen time and more movement.
    Happy National Golfer’s Day!!!
    Happy International Siblings Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: There is no secret to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.—Colin Powell
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk.
    Day 100 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.21 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting my 45 min walk in before breakfast then my gym workout after breakfast. Later this afternoon I’ll get in my Pliability/Mobility: Upper + Spine then 60 min walk after dinner.