Food inspiration, or what's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. Have some sausages in the freezer and they never come out because they require thawing and cooking.... sort of like a vicious cycle🤯

Coffee for now! Black! Dark! Strong!😎
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 248 Member
    edited April 24
    Options
    Frozen sausages - i don’t bother to thaw - just stick ‘em in AF! 🤭🤫😱
    Breakfast was yoghurt with strawberries - thawed them though🍓❄️
  • PAV8888
    edited April 24
    Options
    Ok, I will bite!😂 AF! 🤯????

I've been thinking things that would be kittened out.... but it might be an air fryer!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣😎
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    It is! Brought at the height of the craze & relegated to cooking sausages, chicken & potato wedges! Cost the OH a fortune IMO!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So put the sausage in the Air Fryer as if, frozen... and fry away... hmm... that's actually not a bad idea!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    So put the sausage in the Air Fryer as if, frozen... and fry away... hmm... that's actually not a bad idea!!!

Yup - just watch the timing. It happens faster than you think.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Individual cup of Fage 2% plain yogurt, some mashed up strawberries, splash of vanilla and 2 small squirts of liquid sucralose.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    How big is your cup Nic?

Yooly sounds like she is talking from experience above!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I have no air fryer experience - personally prefer pots, pans and stove/oven. However hubby and son are BIG air fryer and Instapot users. After work son likes quick meals. So he has used his air fryer successfully with defrosted and frozen foods. It’s apparently just a matter of practice and timing. His favorites are pork tenderloin and sausages.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    You are a woman after my heart, Yooly. Pots, pans, stove, oven, knives, cutting board.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You are a woman after my heart, Yooly. Pots, pans, stove, oven, knives, cutting board.
    Yup - strictly old school here. Not enamored of kitchen toys.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    How big is your cup Nic?

Yooly sounds like she is talking from experience above!

Uh, 5.3oz or 150g. The type you buy with the peel back foil top, no plastic lid.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 28
    Options
    Ahh! Definitely NOT the size of "cups" I'm using which HAVE a plastic tub lid in ADDITION to the foil/or plastic :wink:

Glad to keep hearing that you're improving and handling a wider variety of stuff!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Ahh! Definitely NOT the size of "cups" I'm using which HAVE a plastic tub lid in ADDITION to the foil/or plastic :wink:

Glad to keep hearing that you're improving and handling a wider variety of stuff!

I buy those too, lol. I call them "tubs" of yogurt, vs the individually snack-size "cups".

The Two good yogurts are my favorite to pack to work. I have Meyer lemon, black cherry and mixed berry for work this week.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yes .. . they're cute little thingies!!!

I used to get the Yoplait 0% 24 packs in various flavours before they changed their formula and became somewhat chalkey.

Even had a whole process going on how to pierce the bottom to speed up the up-ending of the little cup into a bowl where 4 of a kind (or 6 or so of complimentary kinds) would briefly stay on their way to my tummy 😋

Was beautiful when it worked but sad when I had to do the spoon clean up to avoid sending goodness to the recycle bin!
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Good Morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
    Breakfast is quick & simple here today - Greek Yoghurt & fresh berries as out first thing! Comes in at 150 kcals - so good numbers - here’s hoping rest of day goes the same!
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Hi all! Breakfast as a traybake - usual bacon, sausage, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, egg - and a slice of black pudding 😍
    Whopping 600 cals with my mug of tea 😳
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Creamtea42 wrote: »
    Hi all! Breakfast as a traybake - usual bacon, sausage, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, egg - and a slice of black pudding 😍
    Whopping 600 cals with my mug of tea 😳

Now that’s a hearty breakfast! My piddling breakfast - plain yogurt, one boiled egg, berries- barely hit 250 calories. I ate after an hour spent at the gym. Now I’m ravenous……..
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Now that’s a hearty breakfast! My piddling breakfast - plain yogurt, one boiled egg, berries- barely hit 250 calories. I ate after an hour spent at the gym. Now I’m ravenous……..

Yeah… I find I’m ravenous after yoghurt & fruit, but your breakfast is so much healthier …. Mind you, I was so stuffed, did not eat until supper, except for some fruit - a nectarine & pear.

Two days within calories… not bad if I say so myself!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 1
    Options
    Yooly might be time to experiment after gym

Come back and instead of generate hungry day with normal breakfast go for bigger more solid brunch breakfast and food comma.

Possibly combine breakfast lunch calories and move dinner a bit earlier to compensate for missed lunch once you wake up from the comma nap.

Worth a try😎