Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,508 Member
    Options
    n7o7yq7q1jvh.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,139 Member
    Options
    @Patti241, HI Patti!! Any plans for the weekend.
    @Tabatha_Cain, WOOHOO on the sales on Weds!! WTG!! Will you and Joe do anything special for the 1 year anniversary? I am so much of a homebody, LOL I'd want to cook a nice meal, watch a movie we both love and head for the sack!! Oh with roses all over the room, champagne and special lighting.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a great day. I am not going to work today. I took a 3 day weekend. I needed a mental break from work as it is very stressful right now. I know I am not going to get all my memberships this month and that is alright. I am sure I will make up for it. I am going to be reaching out to some of my contacts and seeing if they would like to purchase memberships. I signed my Mom and her husband up so I am going to talk to some of my friends and see if they want to sign up for the memberships. That is something I can do. Unfortunately I cannot put anything on Facebook because AAA is very strict on what they allow on social media. So I just have to message them all individually. I will get at it though.

@Kurtize - I am glad things went well. I hope you continue to do well and that the compression sock is not irritating. When I wore them they were so irritating for me and I did not even have the surgery. I just had swelling in my ankles.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That sounds amazing. Joe said he wants to do something romantic. So there is that. I get to plan it though because he has no romantic bone in his body. Which is actually cute. My kids helped him plan the dinner in which he proposed. So I knew he was not the romantic type.

Well I hope you all have a Fantastic Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,231 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.—Tenzin Gyatso
    I AM: I am letting go of doubt and fear.
    Action for Happiness: Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes.
    Happy National Get Organized Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made of something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision.—Muhammad Ali
    Day 116 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.59 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk at work.
    Work 8AM-2PM so weather permitting I’ll be getting into the gym for Back/ Arms but if weather doesn’t cooperate then I’ll do At Home Resistance Bands: Legs & Core but will get in Pliability: Flexy Legs and 60 min walk. Right now we have over 5 inches of rain and more coming today.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Woohoo enjoy the amazing 3 day weekend! Though it can be fun to go to a hotel it's also work to do so. I'm going on a trip soon. Lolol try to get 4 elderly (65 to 76) to get a hotel (actually for I've this part was easy!) who's car, who's driving (all 3 of them wanted to drive! I about lined them up with whoever draws the short straw can! Aarrgghh) lolol with one suddenly saying "oh we can rent a 7 passenger SUV!" Hmmm none of us are big enough for 2 seats, and bigger vehicle harder to hear! Lololol ) than food. Oh man! It'll be fun though. The 4 of us get along very well. But it's work. The movies make romance something that's way more of a fantasy. Bit LOVE, true Love isn't a day, it's every day. It's being able to count on your imperfect mate, as you are to, looking for the best and enjoying a simple smile. A good morning etc. Awww sweet hon.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,033 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good evening all. It was a beautiful day. Still reporting bad weather but so far nothing (grateful for that). We bought some rocks for the yard, will post just waiting for the flowers to get here. Was lazy today. @Tabatha_Cain yes the compression socks aggravate me then the spot where they operated on. Today got to take bandage off and the socks aren't quite as tight but the upper part of leg is sore. They were having problems with water lines so we have not had water since 9:30 this morning. I got another post card and here is link, I also added some other pictures I found of the place I am at.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
    That's all that is new with me. Have a wonderful evening.

Today's inspiration
    tbajvvd8iryu.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 any plans for CATURDAY?
    @Kurtize, did they say your upper leg should be sore? Or should you be calling the on call during the weekend? Glad you are down to the compression socks, I am ABSOLUTELY bringing mine with me!! WITH NO QUESTION!!! I'll swell up more than a piece of bread thrown in a puddle!! Please take care. SO THANKFUL so far you are okay weather wise, are you in Waco? Saw on the news earier possible tornado would of been under a warning a little later than the report I was watching.
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Tai Chi is meditation in motion.—John Ding
    I AM: It makes me happy to contribute to the community around me.
    Action for Happiness: Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil.
    Happy National Marine Mammal Rescue Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.—Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Day 117 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.1 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Off today so will get in At Home Resistance Band: Back/Biceps after breakfast, Pliability: Back Day this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is going to be a great day. My day off yesterday was amazing. I got to go hang with my Mom for a couple of hours and then I got to go have lunch with my husband which I never get to do because we are in work at the same time. It was great yesterday.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - That is true. I am working on booking a bigger minivan for a group of 6 people that want to drive from here to Florida and back. That is going to be fun. Joe and I just want to do something we find romantic. Not sure what just yet though.
    @Kurtize - Sorry the sock was aggravating you. I am glad it is better though. Oh man no water. I am so sorry you have no water. I hope you get it back soon.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Saturday. @Dianedoessmiles1 we live in Amarillo, the plains area of Texas, Waco though is only 6 hours away. Dr didn't mention top of leg would be sore, but it feels ok today, I just think it was the stocking. Not much new, sunny, 79 outside, great weather. Hope it keeps up. My ex daughter in law lives in Nebraska, David our son said the tornado that hit there was near her home but luckily no damage. How scary. I went through 2 tornados since moving to Texas, the one was very scary, it went around our trailer, I thought for sure this was the end. The next morning our 1500 lb. utility trailer, and burn barrel that was covered with a heavy metal cover with 2 cement blocks on were gone, the trailer was in backyard in stead of the front yard. Never want to go through that again.
    Wishing you a great rest of the day.

Today[s Inspiration: “Inner peace is a state of mind, a lifestyle choice, a conscious decision not to be adversely affected by what is occurring around us.” - Janet Pfeiffer
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ENJOY SUNDAY it's a FUN DAY!
    @Tabatha_Cain , I LOVE YOUR FRIDAY!!! On the trip for 6 is that the one with the Grandmother family? Oh, I am sure you'll come up with something!!
    @Kurtize, I am so happy today the upper leg feels better. WOW!! That's so SCARY Joyce!! OH MAN!! May you please stay safe!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and well Joe and I are going to relax today after church. We might go see a movie. Not sure yet. I guess it just depends on how much money we have after bills today.

@Kurtize - That would be super scary. I would never want to go through that.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes it is the same family. I am sure I will come up with something as well. Monday I will be reaching out to them to give them what I have found.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.—Marcus Aurelius
    I AM: I choose to make my curses my blessings.
    Action for Happiness: Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    Happy National Superhero Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.—Serena Williams
    Day 117 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.53 miles yesterday.
    Off today but have a Baptism to attend this late morning and lunch at a local restaurant after. Then home for Pliability: Head 2 Toe and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy lazy Sunday
    ujclxgv12pnz.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, Oh Tabatha, it's so expensive to see movies here!! I REFUSE! FLATLY REFUSE!! We now just wait until they come out on Amazon etc. and watch them in the comfort of one of our homes, have the food we all want (YEAH!! If I want to eat healthy, I CAN!). Did you go out? WOOHOO hopefully tomorrow that'll all work out very well!! We've run into so many issues with this trip, but the 4 of us combine our resources and it all works out. We had thought of renting a car, but one of my friends owns a Honda CRV which is plenty big enough for us. If I do not come on Monday, I'll be back on Friday!! My time will likely be on my phone only to do my food dairy and communitcate with the leaders on PS4L and report my exercise (hopefully daily!).
    @Patti241, HI Patti! ENJOY THE WEEK!!
    @Kurtize, awww just Awwwww!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a great day. I am still so tired, but I did relax yesterday evening. We went and saw the movie and we got out of the movie about noon and then I doordashed until like 3:30 pm and then home and relaxed. We have left overs for dinner and then went grocery shopping. I came home and started a load of laundry and then switched it to the dryer when it was time and then played on my computer for a little bit before bed. Oh and showered. That is important. I had a weird weird dream last night. I feel a little off because of it. So I don't think I slept like I should.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - We were able to see the entire movie with Popcorn and pop for $19. We have day time movie prices and we have what we call a cheap theater. You get your own drinks and you bag your own popcorn. That allows them to have lower costs on things when they don't have to pay more employees to do those things for you. They also have lower costs for movies before 4 pm. I think because those are the times people don't really come to movies. So they are trying to get more business during those times. So we take advantage of that and go at that time. I hope you have fun on your trip. I am glad you have someone with a CR-V so you don't have to rent a car. That is expensive as well.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Change is painful. But nothing is a painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.—Mandy Hale
    I AM: I am grateful for both the good and bad.
    Action for Happiness: Become an activist for a cause you really believe in.
    Happy International Dance Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Haile Gebrselassie
    Day 119 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.87 miles yesterday.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting in my Legs/Core in before work, 60 min walk this afternoon and Pliability: Upper + Spine after dinner.