WeightNoMore Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• mnsmov15
    mnsmov15 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I joined new to this group and to F2F.
    I am 43, work full-time at a desk job. Due to more WFH situations and inconsistent routines, I have gained slowly after turning 40.

I am 5' 4" and my happy weight would be in the 130s. I am 151 now. Looking to be consistent with workout and 10k step on average/day in May!

• mnsmov15
    Options
    mnsmov15
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):
  • mnsmov15
    Options
    mnsmov15
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 151.5
    CW (Current Weight): 150.8
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    mnsmov15 wrote: »
    Looking to be consistent with workout and 10k step on average/day in May!

@mnsmov15 - Would you like to join the step challenge?? All you have to do is post your steps in here and we'll take care of the rest! Most people post their daily steps for the week after it ends (e.g. your Sunday - Saturday steps, posted on the following Tuesday), and then my lovely co-captain Melanie will tally everything up and post results (usually on Thursdays/Fridays).
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    And speaking of the step challenge, let's give this a shot...

Context:
    For next month, do you think it would be a good idea to have an informal stepping partner within this group? Or, is it too messy?

We absolutely could have informal partnerships in here. Is there a particular way you'd like to see that done? Like pitting two people with very similar step-counts into a frenemy kind of situtation? Or setting a step goal that the two of you, combined, need to reach? Or...? Let me know your thoughts.

Yes, the frenemy idea sounds good.
    ~ My Idea ~

Assuming that all of the following members decide to continue on with the step challenge this month, here's the match-ups:

These groupings are based on your April step counts. Other competitors may be added to the fray - if @mnsmov15 decides to pop in, and 10k/day is where they expect to be, they'll be added to the middle group.

~ How It Would Work ~
    1. Report your weekly steps as normal, I'll report on the competition (I got you, @melaniedscott )
    2. Your group is your competition, but cheering each other on can only make the both of you better
    3. If you don't want to participate in the competition, let me know and I'll readjust the groupings
    4. Keep trash talk to within MFP guidelines. So, have fun but don't be mean.

~ Thoughts? ~
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm I like that 😀
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-6,959
    Mon-8,471
    Tues-9,143
    Wed-8,557
    Thurs-10,019
    Fri-10,385
    Sat-2,158
  • mnsmov15
    Options
    mnsmov15 wrote: »
    Looking to be consistent with workout and 10k step on average/day in May!

@mnsmov15 - Would you like to join the step challenge?? All you have to do is post your steps in here and we'll take care of the rest! Most people post their daily steps for the week after it ends (e.g. your Sunday - Saturday steps, posted on the following Tuesday), and then my lovely co-captain Melanie will tally everything up and post results (usually on Thursdays/Fridays).

@minstrelofsarcasm Yes, I would love to be part of the step challenge. I aim to average 10k steps for May!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @mnsmov15 - You got it! I'll add you to the spreadsheet. You are now competing with @BodyTalking and @daria0919. Good luck to you all, and may the best stepper win!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    @mnsmov15 - You got it! I'll add you to the spreadsheet. You are now competing with @BodyTalking and @daria0919. Good luck to you all, and may the best stepper win!
    Sounds like fun! 😀
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies & gents!

I'm Melanie, 47 (oof, hard to say it) and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does most of the heavy lifting (and the past month, all of it. I generally do the steps post and will be back to it for April.

I started a new job last week. Lots of training, very different from what I've been doing the past 15 years. More in line with what I wanted to do when I graduated from university. I'm starting the month lower than last (yay) and trying to figure out what is worked now (other than not eating...my appetite has 'improved', which doesn't bode well...

The rest is my standard stuff, read it or don't; don't if you've been around a while and already did, up to you.

My (really short version) story
    Once upon a time, I was very skinny and could eat anything I wanted and not gain weight. I was pretty active and took meds that probably ramped up my metabolism (and put me at risk of severe medical problems). But that was a long time ago and things are different. Now I an the opposite of skinny and I look at anything yummy and gain five pounds. I need to lose 80 lbs.
    My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time).
    I have terrible allergies, mostly mold. Which is literally everywhere. And cats. Anything that doesn't have square pupils (but not things with square pupils!?! I have no problem with squid, apparently!), including people sometimes.
    I have migraines.
    And I have connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage).
    August 2020, I acquired some vertigo problems and persistent deafness on one side. Yay. Fall of '23 the ENT decided to call it Meniere's and recommend hearing aids, which are good.
    What I do about it
    I take glucosamine and collagen supplements for the connective tissue problem. When I have bad days, I also drink collagen peptides (but I really dislike them). I've been supplementing with Vitamin C for decades, not really knowing why. In the past few years, I learned Vit C helps the body produce and process collagen. Suddenly, my lifelong obsession with the C makes sense.
    My neurologist recommended I take 500 mg of ginger and 400 mg of Vitamin B2 every day to reduce migraines, it has helped a lot. The migraines are so much better (almost non-existent) and manageable when they happen. The ginger also helps with the vertigo. I have no excuses for not doing exercise when the vertigo is managed, except for being lazy.
    After adding some nasal sprays and sinus irrigation, adjusting my diet a bit, adfing copious amounts of ginger, and stopping coffee (EXTREMELY, TERRIBLY sad), I’ve got the vertigo mostly under control.
    What is the point behind all this?
    The special snowflake stuff is not woe-is-me drama llama. It is that everyone has to do what works for them now. The stuff a lot of people go on about are not good, for me, and are sometimes dangerous, for me. Sometimes people get down on themselves because they don't do the stuff everyone talks about HIIT, Insanity, stair steppers, etc. I not only don't do those things, I shouldn't. But I should exercise.
    My Goals
    My daily goal to get about 30 minutes of walking a day at least during the week isn't doing much for me. I try to get a walk in otherwise but frequently fail. Had a gym membership but wasn't using it and canceled it recently. Weather in good ish, no excuse to not walk.

Anyway, I've been with WNM for a long while now. Early days, I lost a lot but blah blah blah, it came back and brought friends. I canceled my membership at Planet Fitness but need to get back to moving. My new job sometimes means more walking and sometimes less. They stress taking breaks, which I'm not good at. So I'm trying and (when it isn't storming) that means walking. The office is all florescent lights, which give me headaches, so I'm forced to go out for natural light periodically. Yay?

• mnsmov15
    Options
    I am IN! My steps for the past week

4/22 12275
    4/23 13300
    4/24 8930
    4/25 14070
    4/26 8200
    4/27 7500
    4/28 15031

• Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 249
    CW: 250.5
    I was on vacation last week so I am happy with a small gain (and not a big one). Back on track this week. Go Team!
  • dorisv207
    dorisv207 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    DorisV207 - Thursday 5/2
    Previous Weight (starting weight): 210
    Current Weight: 205

Just my first week. I don’t expect this amount every week going forward. I think it’s the result of cutting out gluten.
  • ljdanny
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Cw 188.6
  • ljdanny
    Options
    I had the bug starting Friday and it went until Monday. It was bad. I work in childcare this is round 2 we are having. We had so many kids out today. I went to my rheumatologist the other day, she is trying to help me out with the pain that starts in my back and goes down my leg. She is trying to see if my insurance will pay for shots once a month. I do go to see the surgeons assistant tomorrow, we will see what he has to say. It does hurt to walk but I am going to try to get back into it. My sons girlfriend is all done with college and will be moving back home so she will be spending a lot of time with my granddaughter on my sons days, so I will have time to myself to walk.
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm I love this! A little friendly competition is always a good motivator to get my butt moving lol
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 208.8
    CW (Current Weight): 206.2

Finally beat my lowest recorded weight! LFG! 🎉🙌🏻
  • daria0919
    Options
    andja87 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 208.8
    CW (Current Weight): 206.2

Finally beat my lowest recorded weight! LFG! 🎉🙌🏻

Way to go @andja87!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻
  • daria0919
    Options
    dorisv207 wrote: »
    DorisV207 - Thursday 5/2
    Previous Weight (starting weight): 210
    Current Weight: 205

Just my first week. I don’t expect this amount every week going forward. I think it’s the result of cutting out gluten.

Great start!! @dorisv207!! 🎉🎉