Food inspiration, or what's for breakfast?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just a thought Yooly,,,that I ‘m sure you will have considered. - post gym & eggs? Breakfast here was an omlette today - 20 g cheese, spring onion & handful of spinach - feel satiated & full….. often find an egg a good, filling, low calorie, & for me, a zero carb option 😉
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    But but but - hubby makes my post gym breakfast. It’s a marriage ritual. Most days a simple breakfast suffices but gym days not so much. I’m thinking I’ll plan something filling and low cal for 10 am. It’s the midway point between breakfast and lunch.
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Oh…I remember….well…you can’t change that because is so lovely! Concur with the later, filling snack - or would hubby consider adding some protein to the happy face?! Maybe a lovely bit of cheese …. Yum…..
    BTW, I would love & need that happy face after a gym session!)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Sunny side face 😎
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Berries & full fat Greek style yoghurt & tea - nice & simple & quick! Only 180 cals too.
    Unfortunately, 1/2 currant pasty for 11’ sees 🙄
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh how dainty you are Ms Tea! Here I am having consumed my MINUSCULE 220Cal SNACK of 248g Skyr 0% + 120g dole fruit cup... and looking for the REST OF IT!!! :blush:
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Oh how dainty you are Ms Tea! Here I am having consumed my MINUSCULE 220Cal SNACK of 248g Skyr 0% + 120g dole fruit cup... and looking for the REST OF IT!!! :blush:

That was me too - hence the 1/2 currant pasty - which I stole out of the OH’s hands! Nowt dainty here Mr PAV!!

Today started off with pomegrannet seeds and Greek style yoghurt - ended up baking English! Bacon, sausage, mushrooms & egg!
    Can tell it’s “ one of those days” - trying to pre-empt and put some eggs on to boil for snacks later!
    🙄🥴😵‍💫😳🤪
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Eggs are actually a great stop the hunger snack. When desperate to not eat a meal or candy or chips/crisps I've often got the two pre boiled egg packs from the convenience store. A bit of a sad snack just by themselves or with a pickle pouch (7-11 sells snack size pouches of pickles).... but it can give me a couple of hours for 200 Cal which is not a bad deal sometimes
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed with your pre-emptive snack!

I'm impressed with buying a pickle pouch from 7-11. I have other horrible desires/plans when I walk through those doors. (which thank goodness is pretty rare - every 3 or 4 months).
  • PAV8888
    Options
    It doesn't always work out for me either!
    7-11 encounters depend on goals but mostly sleep state.

You've only been informed of the muscle Milk, 2% 500ml milk, (spicy hot) pickles, eggs, cheese/pepperoni packs, banana category of snacks.

Small hot chocolate, a Charleston chew, or a single oh Henry, mr big, 5 mojo's, or two chicken strips and 3 Mojo's, or a corn dog are the middle ground

The other end is when multiples start.

So apple fritter which always comes with coffee or hot chocolate and usually at night would be hot chocolate. or sandwiches because chips tend to get added
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    edited May 5
    Options
    Not a 7-11 foodie here. I do stop by one occasionally to gas up the car. Ours are usually convenience stores with attached gas station. My downfall happens right inside my own kitchen!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    They are convenience stores around here too. Some with gas stations. Some without. Corporate have more "hot food" than non corporate. All have the sandwich and donut displays. Pushing the mojo/fried chicken angle these days in a surprisingly not terrible way. Their pizza remains a waste of calories. Another option these days if willing to spend 500 cal are the noodle bowls that they all have. with the usual caveats re noodle bowls. My downfalls are equal opportunity :smile: But usually involve not stopping :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    edited May 6
    Options
    Their apple fritters......
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow. I'm attempting a breakfast scramble:

Small amounts of onion, orange pepper and mushroom, with an egg, some finely chopped up ham and cheese.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 6
    Options
    Onion and pepper I would normally consider as more likely to be lively in the tummy 🧐 glad you're feeling up to experiments!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Well, I called an audible. My youngest came to the gym with me, then we hit coffee and trader Joe's, so I am eating a chicken/Cheddar sausage with peppers and onions instead