Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Diane: The week went okay.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,679 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Hope your weigh in went well. I am happy lost a few ounces. Did the wash this morning. Put on compression stocking. It is one thigh high. This is the last day, thank goodness. I do get a good workout getting it on. Welcome back @Dianedoessmiles1, we missed you but very glad you had a good time off. Have a great day. Hugs and blessings.

Today's inspire me article: Searching for Happiness? Try Living in the Moment - Susan Steinbrecher
    https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/searching-for-happiness-try-living-in-the-moment/?omh

“Refuse to be anything you don’t want to be.” - Benni Cinkle
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,260 Member
    edited May 4
    Options
    @Schnootie WELCOME TO MFP and the 5% Challenge!! So happy you are here with us!! Very soon NO DOUBT @Ceriusly1 will get you onto a team! On the 5% Which team were you on? Just curious! And was this your Screen name? If you'd like to get in contact with your former team members, and they kept the same name, it's pretty easy to help one. Many have found their way back to the team they were on if that team is still together. We have 8 teams instead of 12, but many of those who were on the 4 other teams have rejoined their former team members on one of the 8 teams. LOVED reading how you've been doing!! On MFP you can change around some of the macros we track also. If you are a paying member you get more choices.
    x0yuvxdymxy8.png
    @Patti241, that's great!! for SUNDAY is a FUN DAY anything you got up your sleeve? Often I find lately LOL I include in the word FUN for SUNDAY is a FUN DAY It includes some relaxing, while also getting in my exercise.
    @Kurtize, awww Joyce THANKS!! LOL that was WILD going to NY from Maine touring that day (our ticket said 3 hours, but we had also a private tour (Thanks to someone we know who arranged it for us, we didn't mind at ALL having others join us! It was fun watching their faces as well!) so it was 4 hours. I THINK I may of sat down maybe a total of 45 mins. OH MY FOOT, but so WORTH IT!! We had to go slow for myself and a friend who has asthama. LOL We shared a room, I SERIOUSLY thought when she was NOT MOVING for HOURS as she slept "maybe she died!" LOL DO NOT we HATE those foolish thoughts that can come into our heads??? She's my friend who is a 5 time cancer survivor (waiting to see if it's back again, we totally cheirshed having her with us!). I'm happy to see you are doing better Joyce! Your surgery was only last week!
    @Tabatha_Cain maybe she's away this weekend? Tabathaaaaaaaa
  • Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 aww, thank you so much for the warm welcome back and the help with the macros!!!! I see that I was invited to a team, so I will run over there, grab some travel snacks and get buckled up in my seat. Wheeeeeee. I am super excited to be back in the game! Can't wait to see who I will run across here. I am sure many old and new friends are awaiting.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Schnootie wrote: »
    @Dianedoessmiles1 aww, thank you so much for the warm welcome back and the help with the macros!!!! I see that I was invited to a team, so I will run over there, grab some travel snacks and get buckled up in my seat. Wheeeeeee. I am super excited to be back in the game! Can't wait to see who I will run across here. I am sure many old and new friends are awaiting.

You'll LOVE being with Slim Possible!! They are an exciting team!! If you knew @DNjoys you'll be seeing her and more!! I was on the Spirited Under Dawggie team, now on Positively Strong 4 life team. Many former Dawggies are with us on PS4L.

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,233 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday. Yesterday I spent the entire day spending time with my husband. It was pretty amazing. I love spending time with him. It has been a while since we have actually spent time together we have been running door dash or spark for a few months now. We are doing well though and getting debt paid down. It is working well.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - No I am not away for the weekend. I totally missed you, but I am glad you had an amazing time out. Quick trips are definitely fun filled and packed. I have never thought of acupuncture. It sounds kinda scary. It is pretty cool that they gave me 4 days a month, but I have to use my PTO of at least 40 hours of it.
    @Schnootie - That is great that you are able to monitor the macros you want to monitor. Steps are really good as well.
    @Kurtize - Glad you are on your last day of the compression sock. Do you think it helped? I started my wash this morning. Definitely needed to get it finished.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: May the light of this Orthodox Easter season bring renewal, peace, and happiness to you and your loved ones.—Insight Timer Team
    I AM: I am vibrant.
    Action for Happiness: Let someone know how much they mean to you and why.
    Happy National Cinco de Mayo!!!
    Happy World Laughter Day!!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.—John Wooden
    Day 125 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.27 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day at work with a 45 min walk.
    Work 10AM-4PM then home for Pliability: Full Flexors and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: I have no plans of yet for today.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    @Schnootie Welcome to 5% challenge. @Dianedoessmiles1 and @Tabatha_Cain yes this Wednesday will be 2 weeks since surgery. I see the dr. Tuesday. I think it did help, my leg isn't as swollen as it was.
    Not much new here. A little overcast but nice. Kayla and I went for a walk early today. Today is our Son's birthday, he is 61. Well that's it for now, hugs and blessings.

Daily Inspiration
    ldznw232igo6.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain. So GOOD to see ya!! I've done acupuncture not only for pain, but GI stuff, SLEEP (helped!) migraines it's an amazing experience!! It helped so much, I was able to get off morphine (This was around 2018) and never looked back. Now it's not 100% Cured it'll never be. But now stretches will help me to reduce the pain down to 1 or at the most 2. If you can find a MD who does it, and s/he is willing to bill your insurance (many larger places do this now) WOOHOO!!! I do highly recommend it. You'll very quickly get used to the needles. They did not hurt me. So cool you and Joe got to spend time together yesterday! Awesome that you have (or will have) the PTO to use.
    @Patti241, sometimes an unplanned day turns out to be the BEST! Hope you enjoyed.
    @Kurtize, so happy it helped!! NICE!! Not bad at all on your recovery time either!! Thurs it'll be a month since mine. My scar is healing nicely. I did have some issues with swallowing this morning. I am not sure if that is normal. My lympt nodes get pretty swollen, but they were before the surgery too. Hopefully, all of us will be KICKING THE SAND this summer!! Or Rocks for those who do not live near the ocean or a lake.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a great day. My co worker should be back in the office today. I am hoping that her husband is home from the hospital and doing decently. I know he has a lot of health issues and it is not going to ever get fixed but a little better than he was is all I am asking for.

@Kurtize - Happy Birthday to your son. It is nice that the surgery seems to be working.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It is nice that I will have the PTO to use as well. I will have to look into the acupuncture. My doctor recommended it as well. I am glad it helped your migraines. That is huge.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: Had a good day yesterday
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: What you believe you can experience.—Jiddu Krishnamrti
    I AM: I am capable of achieving more than I ever thought possible.
    Action for Happiness: Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful.
    Happy National Beverage Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The best way to predict the future is to create it.—Peter Drucker
    Day 126 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.16 miles.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting in At Home Resistance Band: Legs/Core + Core Challenge Fit Test & Pliability: Full Form after breakfast/before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    good afternoon all. I got a new post card on my walk, this is the last one. Just about finished. here is link.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
    It's a nice day, feeling lazy though. Nothing new or exciting, tomorrow is follow up exam. Making eye appt. I know my cataracts are ready to be removed. My last visit in Or 2021, dr said for sure next year they should come out. This is 2024. I like 80/20 idea. I have heard of that before. Well have a great rest of the day. Hugs and blessings.

Today's affirmation: I do not need anyone's permission to be my true self. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain I'm playing catch up on posts but i saw your post about cleaning calcium posts. My mother in law said my house has hard water-that''s what is in our toilet and shower-I can clean some of it but it always comes back. thx you!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain < how did your coworker do being back? I hope her H improves. I've not a mirgraine in hmmm before Covid!! I never had them though until I had brain surgery in 2018. I am so happy I do not have them now!! Here's hoping you can do it.
    @Patti241 so happy your Sunday was good! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!
    @Kurtize you work so hard!! I saw you did your exercise today. Some may not realize you recently had surgery. You did and are doing as your Dr said, WTG!! Setting a wonderful example for ALL of us!! TY TY TY!!
    @Bookienj, SO HAPPY to see you!!! How are you?
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Since I’ve learned to be silent, everything has come so much closer to me.—Rainer Maria Rilke
    I AM: I am incredibly proud of my personal and professional accomplishments.
    Action for Happiness: Make a list of what matters most to you and why.
    Happy National Cosmopolitan Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.—Carl Lewis
    Day 127 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.37 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day this morning with a 45 min walk.
    Work 6AM-12PM so getting into the gym this afternoon for Back/Shoulders + Core Challenge: HIIT before coming home and Pliability: Bottom half and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a great day. I am feeling a bit tired today, and I am just wanting to sleep this morning. Not sure why, but I am super tired. I did get 7 hours of sleep so who knows. Today I have a meeting with my boss because I am not meeting my numbers. I think it is wrong and I know I am not meeting my numbers but I am trying and I am the only one providing proof that I am trying.

@Kurtize - Wow your almost finished. Have you thought of your next virtual walk? I hope you are able to get a decision on the cataract surgery.
    @bookieNJ - No problem. We have hard water also so I thought I would share.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - My co worker did pretty well yesterday. Her husband in home from the hospital, but he is now on oxygen 24/7. She called the electric company yesterday to notify them that he is on oxygen now and they have it in the home. I am thinking about it and checking my insurance.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends!!!

Just a quick drive by to wish you all a wonderful day and hope you are all chasing your dreams. I am praying for all that are in pain - mentally and physically - and send you....

Hugs and Cheer,

Ute
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: Yup and so was yesterday.