WeightNoMore Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I totally get it, I also have a sweet tooth that is difficult to resist. I have collected some nice healthier options treat recipes that I could share if you want?
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I totally get it, I also have a sweet tooth that is difficult to resist. I have collected some nice healthier options treat recipes that I could share if you want?

I would totally appreciate any recipes that you want to send my way! Thanks! 😊
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words, tips and advice! I'm not giving up yet, and definitely going to try out everything you guys said. 😁

@minstrelofsarcasm That is a great idea with the sweets! If I am going to have them, I should make myself go on a walk while eating them. Pretty sure that would prevent me from sitting and eating 20 ores at one time then feeling miserable! I also want to find healthier sweets, I did come across one recipe that I want to give a try, something like an oatball with bananas and cranberries mixed in with some cinnamon I think, anyway they looked good. 😋
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Listening to podcasts and reading health books tends to get me motivated. I usually listen to diet & exercise podcasts on the way home from work so that when I walk in the door, I don’t immediately eat everything in sight.

You might like Dr Gabrielle Lyon’s book “Forever Strong” https://a.co/d/gxtfD2F or Dr Peter Attia’s “Outlive” https://a.co/d/03sIMkX

I do tend to have a bowl of something healthy on my counters for easy access. (Bowl of cherries, grapes, pistachios…)

I’ve been slacking off as well, but I’m starting again tomorrow. I’m going to get back to planning out my meals and my workouts and sticking to it M-F at the very least.

I've always wanted to plan out my meals and I feel like that would be a huge help, knowing what you're having in advance, so your hands won't wander and grab junk! I really need to do that! Also like the idea of having healthy snacks out on the counter!
  • Marcy2890
    Marcy2890 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

How is it June already, I kind of fell off last month so I'm going to focus on logging daily and making sure I submit my weigh ins!

Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 125.6
    CW (Current Weight): 124
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've seen a bunch of chatter about recipes...we have a recipe thread on here...maybe the recipes could be posted there?
  • acdkayak
    acdkayak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Today was first weigh-in

SW:218.4
    PW: 218.4
    Cw: 217.4

June 4: 217.4

Here goes nothing(well actually I hope ally goes overtime)

A

• mnsmov15
    mnsmov15 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    mnsmov15
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 149.7 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 150.1 lbs
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,347 Member
    edited June 4
    Options
    ~ Step Frenemies Challenge ~

Pardon the delay in getting to this, there's been a lot going on this week and my brain is absolute mush!

Anyway, here's the match-ups from May Week Four:
    Our Next Match-Ups:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly - Hey! What day were you planning on weighing in this week? We don't have a starting date or a starting weight for you, and I'd love to get that put in place as soon as possible. Thanks!
  • jennyhart200
    jennyhart200 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I assume that we submit our weigh ins here? If so here is mine:

Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 146.4
    CW (Current Weight): 145.4

I'm pretty happy about this weigh in as I submitted the starting weight on Thursday I think.
  • jennyhart200
    jennyhart200 Posts: 739 Member
    Options

At this point, I might as well be in a weight gain group! SMDH! It's a new week, I'm going to start over again, today! I'm tired of being out of shape and my health getting worse because of it! Does anyone have any good recipes for healthier sweets? That is my weakness and I have VERY poor willpower around anything sweet! I've been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, and I STILL just keep shoving sweets and carbs into my mouth! I want to get out and walk daily, I've been saying that forever, but I really want to make it happen, also I've been working the ground where our new above ground pool is going, and I can't wait to get that set up, because I want to make myself go in it as much as I possibly can! I feel like that'll be excellent exercise and good for my joints and muscles! I want to find some exercises I can do that won't irritate my sciatica and moderate degenerative disc disease issues, so blah! I know everyone here is also trying to lose weight and battle certain demons of their own, but is there anyone here that can help me with anything? Is there anywhere I can go to get like a helper/coach type person? I'm guessing there's programs to sign up for, but I dont really have funds for that at this time. I guess I'm just really struggling @,# don't see myself going in the right direction without extra help. *sigh*

I use a personal trainer that I found online and I've found it really helpful as she helps with workouts and nutrition. You have to pay for the program but I can dm you her instagram if you're interested as she posts tips too that are helpful.

By favorite healthier sweet has been to spread nonfat greek yogurt in a thin layer and add berries to it and a little bit of chocolate, pop it in the freezer, and you get a yogurt bark that's really good and also gives you extra protein. I also like the Nestle Mini Drumsticks- only 70 cals for 1 and they're so fun and yummy

• minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    I assume that we submit our weigh ins here?

@jennyhart200 - Yep! This chat is where we will be doing all of our interactions for June, and then it will close when the July chat opens up. Great loss!
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OllieAndEd2021 Steps May 26-June 1

Total 101,444
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 197.8
    CW (Current Weight): 197.8

Wow, I can't believe it's June already. Hello and welcome new members!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hey, @minstrelofsarcasm , did you see the Blog is back?!? And marked as "New".

It's Thursday, y'all!

• Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 252.0
    CW: 253.0

Well that is disappointing.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @Stimpy56 - A gain is always a bit of a bummer, ain't it? Luckily, it's just a pound, which could be due to a million and a half things - you'll probably lose it and then some for next week!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Hey, @minstrelofsarcasm , did you see the Blog is back?!? And marked as "New".

It's Thursday, y'all!

@melaniedscott -
    Oh boy, might be time for me to start long-form complaining again! I wonder if it will have the same bugs I fell in love with the first time around.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-4,220
    Mon-6,206
    Tues-8,229
    Wed-7,083
    Thurs-8,871
    Fri-9,454
    Sat-0

0 is not accurate my husband airdropped me a photo and it made all my days going forward turn 0
This discussion has been closed.