WeightNoMore Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,015 Member
    Options
    Just a littlest prelim post on the first week of June steps challenge...some of us have goals. Update me (if you haven't) on any changes or if you want to have goal and don't. Here is what I have...

@OllieAndEd2021 10000
    @chocoholic 10000
    @mnsmov15 11000*
    @BodyTalking 6000
    @daria0919 7000
    @melaniedscott 5000

*recent update.

Does this look right? Does anyone want to add a goal?

You can change mine to 7000. I know I've had a few days lately where I haven't met 7k but I want that to become my minimum.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Just a littlest prelim post on the first week of June steps challenge...some of us have goals. Update me (if you haven't) on any changes or if you want to have goal and don't. Here is what I have...

@OllieAndEd2021 10000
    @chocoholic 10000
    @mnsmov15 11000*
    @BodyTalking 6000
    @daria0919 7000
    @melaniedscott 5000

*recent update.

You can change mine to 7000. I know I've had a few days lately where I haven't met 7k but I want that to become my minimum.

Done. And, you still made your goal last week!
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OllieAndEd2021
    Weigh-in day Friday

CW 168.9
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps 09-16 Jun
    Total 57,383

S 8408
    M 9740
    T 8053
    W 8548
    T 8313
    F 8921
    S 5400

Lol, I didn't get to 7k on Saturday after changing my goal 🤦‍♀️

Anyway, it's the weekend and the Euros ⚽🏆 have started - plus I watched 3 games 📺
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    husd7u5ojvkl.jpg
    Squirrels from yesterday's walk 🐿️
  • mizzmagenta
    mizzmagenta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mizzmagenta

Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 144 lbs
    Current weight: 142.5 lbs

Quite happy with my loss this week, considering I was ill and wanted to eat comfort foods. I just made sure I counted them and it’s paid off 😊
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,542 Member
    Options
    I love a step challenge @melaniedscott what should I do to join?

Weigh in today : zero loss, zero gain. Not tragic though I need my head to be fully in the game again.

The loss of the newsfeed is more impactful than I expected. I didn't realise how much I looked forward to everyone's daily updates. I have kept accepting friend requests to a reasonable amount which builds a bit more of a bond. I am opening a 'lose it' free account to run in parallel with MFP to see how they compare.

It looks a lovely day out there, best go and get some steps in!

Have a great Sunday everyone :smiley:
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Weigh in today : zero loss, zero gain. Not tragic though I need my head to be fully in the game again.

The loss of the newsfeed is more impactful than I expected. I didn't realise how much I looked forward to everyone's daily updates. I have kept accepting friend requests to a reasonable amount which builds a bit more of a bond. I am opening a 'lose it' free account to run in parallel with MFP to see how they compare.

@TheMrWobbly there’s also MyNetDiary, which is free and has the free food scanner included for scanning foods into the food diary. There’s a MFP group that’s started up there. It’s called fitness migrants. This App is way better than lose it. The food diary is great!

I’m still here on MFP for this group F2F, the running group and the UAC group because I’ve gotten to know and enjoy the friends in these three groups. The MyNetDiary does have some great features. I didn’t like lose it, so not using it.

• BodyTalking
    Options
    Thanks for the MND tip @daria0919 I'll check it out.

@TheMrWobbly I also started a free account on Lose It! (username BodyTalking) but I only want to use one food log as it's too much bother to do it twice. I'm in two MFP groups there 'MFP Dissidents' and 'MFP Exodus Group'. After Fitbit, I joined StrideKick which is good for challenges, (un BodyTalking).

I'm happy to receive friend requests from anyone on here too 🤗
  • Jensmakingprogress
    Jensmakingprogress Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Step count for week ending June 15

Sun - 16,863
    Mon - 9,252
    Tues - 11,233
    Wed - 12,215
    Thurs - 11,936
    Fri - 8,038
    Sat - 11,787

Total - 81,324
  • Jensmakingprogress
    Jensmakingprogress Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    husd7u5ojvkl.jpg
    Squirrels from yesterday's walk 🐿️

These little guys are so cute!! We have a family of about 10 squirrels in our neighborhood and I love sitting outside watching them run around and play in the morning.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 231.4
    CW (Current Weight): 232.2

Well, not a very big gain, but I wanted to have a loss! I know I didn't do as well this week as I did last week, so try again!
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    p8setkwu2ast.jpeg

@melaniedscott I’d like to add a goal of 15,000.
    I say that because most days I can reach 15,000 or really close to it M-F. It’s Saturday and Sunday I’d like to set the bar high and see how close I can get. I might be setting myself up, but I can try 😝
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    PW 115.9
    CW 115.6

Steps week ending 16th June
    Sunday 2924
    Monday 15753
    Tuesday 10249
    Wednesday 15418
    Thursday 12133
    Friday 7514
    Saturday 5882

Total 69,873
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My steps for the week

Sun 16,420
    Mon 7,819
    Tue 13,478
    Wed 12,802
    Thursday 8,363
    Fri 11,376
    Sat 11,586

Total 81,844 steps
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    I’ve been using total calories 1500 + exercise calories. I think at my age (almost 65) this is more of a maintenance set up for my body. I think it’s time for me to set my total calories a bit lower so that I could lose weight instead of maintain.

What do you all recommend?

@daria0919 - Going a little lower might be okay (stay above 1200 no matter what!). I would recommend shooting for 1450 + exercise/day, try it for a couple weeks, see if the little change helps. Just pay attention to how your body feels and your energy levels - too much of a deficit does far more harm than good.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Sunday

Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 81.9 kg/180.56 lb
    Current weight: 81.3 kg/179.23 lb
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    tnxv7afscfs2.png
    hkwp9gvlrxgc.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    0xmxkdo7jico.png

By Pounds
    gkrxftc9cs3s.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    nljjrd5xkei2.png

By Pounds
    e5xnaw6ylotj.png
    p0nuaiz3nwv7.png

Team Winners
    wajkm8jhfi7f.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    aiclkqvo54cm.png
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

All you have to do is post steps by about 6 pm CST on Wednesday for the Sun-Sat week prior...so if you have steps from last week (June 9-15), post them by 6 on 6/19. I tend to be slow about posting (maybe not this week, though), so a little later or Thurs am is usually okay.
  • chocohollic
    chocohollic Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi all 👋.
    @minstrelofsarcasm i’ve dropped the ball - I forgot to weigh myself on Saturday (a really busy few days with lots of travelling Friday to Sunday meant I lost track of days)…what shall I do as I have no weigh in info to give you 🙁…
This discussion has been closed.