Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

After 5 hours in a plane I stretched my legs in downtown Seattle, felt good to get up and move.

Sunday steps
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Step Goal:10,000
    Sat 06/15: 6864
    Sun 06/16: 5852

June Wk3 Weigh-in:
    CW: 163.8lbs

PW: 165.3lbs
    - 1.5 Loss
    June2024: SW: 166
    πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“Wk1: 170lbs +4
    πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“Wk2: 165.3lbs -4.7
    πŸ“πŸ“Wk3: 163.8 -1.5
    πŸ“Wk4:

June; Wk2:
    Log / Und-C&Cs / 1Hr-Exe
    βŒβŒβŒβŒβŒβœ…βŒ
    (Yes Days: 1 / 7 Days)
    • Net Calories ( 11619 / 10500 )
      πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸŸ’πŸŸ’πŸŸ’πŸ”΄

= Daily Avg: 1659 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 478 / 350 )
      πŸ”΄πŸŸ’πŸ”΄πŸŸ’πŸŸ’πŸŸ’πŸŸ’

= Daily Avg: 68 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps ( 46355 / 70000)
      πŸŸ’πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄

= Daily Avg: 6622 (Goal: 10000)
    Summary
    ~ did pretty good considering I did barely any walking all week.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    Posture is important. The physical shape with which we meet the world can have a big impact on how we feel and how we act. Nothing embodies the ideals of mindfulness better than the combination of a straight back and a soft belly. The straight back encourages alertness and brightness, and the soft belly fosters a sense of relaxation and openness. Practice this position by bringing your attention to your posture several times a day-when you're brushing your teeth or waiting for a bus. Notice how mindful posture impacts how you meet whatever comes your way.

m5p3i42byxby.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,246 Member
    Options
    @pupowl Looks to me like he wants to take a ride in the wagon!! LOL Cats are so funny, but I'd be afraid to read their minds, wouldn't you?! Thanks for sharing his picture!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My steps
    6/16 7,290
    6/17 7,188
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    JenHul wrote: Β»

I definitely feel smaller, obviously had to buy smaller clothes ect. But I'm still the same body shape, just smaller. I still have rolls, now with loose skin, I definitely do not have a "flat" stomach lol BUT my foot and plantar fascitis is way better. I probably won't have to get a cortisone shot in my heel this year! Which is fantastic cause that is a very painful needle.

Congratulations on coming so far! I heard that loose skin takes some time to adjust to the weight loss, and some people have said it took about a year to improve. I’m glad to hear your foot pain healed β€” your heel healed?! 😊 Keep up the great work and I’m sure you’ll reach your goal weight. It takes longer to see the scale move the closer you get to your goal weight so enjoy those non scale victories (NSV) and you’ll get there!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited June 18
    Options
    Nice quotes of encouragement and support @Cyncia85. I appreciate your thoughtful posts full of motivation, inspiration, and learning insights. Thank you! πŸ™πŸΌ
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Steps for Monday
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    JenHul wrote: Β»
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in
    PW: 124.5
    CW: 124.8

Steps:
    June 14= 11,571
    June 15= 6059
    June 16= 1763 (forgot fitbit on charger)

Thank you @PatriceFitnessPal & @jessicakrall8 for your encouraging words. I am very close to my goal weight I picked 123lb like 5 years ago as a goal thinking it was a cute number! If I go by the standard BMI scale for my height (4'11) my range is supposed to be 91lb - 122lb which seems very low to me. So when I picked 123 that is actually the highest in my "health" range. Now I'm very close to that goal!

I definitely feel smaller, obviously had to buy smaller clothes ect. But I'm still the same body shape, just smaller. I still have rolls, now with loose skin, I definitely do not have a "flat" stomach lol BUT my foot and plantar fascitis is way better. I probably won't have to get a cortisone shot in my heel this year! Which is fantastic cause that is a very painful needle.

@JenHul That's wonderful! And great news on the plantar fasciitis! I got a shot in my heel about 10 years ago and said that I would deal with the foot pain before ever going through that again!! 😯. I was doing just that 2 years ago when I stumbled upon a thread in one of the forums here titled "Damn plantar fasciitis" which led me to some stretches and shoe recommendations and I'm happy to say that I have been pain free ever since. I'd copy the link here but haven't mastered that skill on my phone. 😞 I have always been a stretching fool and stretched my calf and hamstring at every opportunity, but I learned a couple of foot stretches from that conversation that have been a life saver for me, I do them religiously. I will try to remember to post the link when I get to my computer in a couple of days.

I also discovered sandals after not wearing them for many years due to lack of support. They are by Earth Origins and so comfortable I bought 2 pairs!! And they are attractive! Even though I'm over 60 I'm not ready to wear old lady orthopedic shoes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited June 18
    Options
    EARLY WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN
    PW: 164.4
    CW: 165.3
    Early Weigh In I'm leaving for vacation later this afternoon not returning home until Sunday night
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    6/16 3,316
    6/17 5,091
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Step Goal:10,000
    Sun 06/16: 6046
    Mon 06/17: 3597

June; Wk3 (so far):
    Log / Und-C&Cs / 1Hr-Exe
    βŒβŒπŸ”²πŸ”²πŸ”²πŸ”²πŸ”²
    (Yes Days: 0 / 2 Days)
    • Net Calories ( 4884 / 10500 )
      πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜

= Daily Avg: 2442 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 483 / 350 )

= Daily Avg: 241 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps ( 9643 / 70000)

= Daily Avg: 4821 (Goal: 10000)
    Sun/Mon
    ~ Had my dad over and I made him his favorite spaghetti recipe he loves for me to make him. I’ve found I can still enjoy it with black bean noodles(Explore Cuisine brand)
    ~ Bad bad bad binge yesterdayπŸ™ˆ! (At least I didn’t do it in secret..I guess) ugh .. what is wrong with meeee?!?
    I plan to do some hard work over the next few days to reverse the damage. I just hope it’s enough.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Krysless2 You reported your Sunday steps as 5852 yesterday and today you wrote 6046. Which one is it?
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    umly25rkcmwx.jpg
  • Pupowl
    edited June 18
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. Yesterday the weather was pretty decent, though it was pretty windy. I recently downloaded the Merlin Bird ID app which has been a lot of fun. They have a sound ID option where it will listen for birds, analyse the sound patterns and tell you what you are hearing. The name of the bird that is currently singing will light up. I already know most of the common birds and it has been very accurate. During the walk yesterday, I heard 25 different birds. Of course seeing them is a different story, but it is still cool and it is teaching me new bird songs as well.
    This morning I also went for a walk but I left my camera home. It was fairly walk, though the weather turned later in the day and we got a lot of rain. I did my gym rings workout, got groceries, then more groceries because I forgot something and then in the evening I ripped off a toenail and I was out of band aids so I went to the store a 3rd time. While Tinus was enjoying some lazy sitting time outside, I did a bunch of cleaning in the storage/laundry room. It has been really bugging me so I was very glad to get that tidied up a bit. Have a good day everyone <3
    buxv62fwut6w.jpg
    b6rpbgo2n16p.jpg
    axa527ml0sro.jpg
    a0t6qa6w153k.jpg
    gh300rv9alks.jpg
    sbdeksgqbxco.jpg