Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl that sounds like a great app! They really do have an app for everything. 😂
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    Good morning shape shifters
    Tuesday steps

I know that I had more than that but I've confused the heck out of it jumping back and forth between time zones. It's still on West coast time this morning. 😕 And frankly, I'm a bit dazed and confused myself.🙃
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Yes, my plantar fasciitis has been pretty good lately, I bought a pair of vionic shoes, they work great once you break them in. I wear them at work only. Also, I believe the weight loss has hopefully helped too. I have a few stretches I do in the morning to also help.

Steps:
    June 17= 9294
    June 18= 6752

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh-In

PW: 215.6
    CW: 214.9
    LTD: 37.7 lbs
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I agree with you @DaffyGirl88! I try not to download too many apps, but the bird sounds app seems interesting! Thanks for sharing the name of it @Pupowl. I’m definitely going to try it.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    At my annual physical, I asked my doctor about my sore feet. They are especially painful when I step out of bed in the morning 😫! I thought I might be developing arthritis but she suspects plantar fasciitis. She gave me a few exercises to stretch out, especially after playing soccer on Sunday nights. So, I’ve been doing the exercises a bit. I think it’s helping so I really should dedicate more time to my stretching! Thanks for the reminder @JenHul!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,246 Member
    Options
    At my annual physical, I asked my doctor about my sore feet. They are especially painful when I step out of bed in the morning 😫! I thought I might be developing arthritis but she suspects plantar fasciitis. She gave me a few exercises to stretch out, especially after playing soccer on Sunday nights. So, I’ve been doing the exercises a bit. I think it’s helping so I really should dedicate more time to my stretching! Thanks for the reminder @JenHul!

@PatriceFitnessPal You might also look into shoes with arch supports and extra padding in the heel (depending on exactly which area of your foot it affects...some people have one or the other...I have both. You're lucky in that it's much easier to find shoes specifically for people with PF than it used to be...Vionic is a great one, but I've had good luck with Nike (great arch supports), sketchers has a whole line with great arch support...just google and you'll find many others.

Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My steps
    6/18 11,130
    6/19 8,648
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited June 20
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Woke up not feeling too great yesterday. Not enough sleep, very tired and my head hurt so I decided to stay home. It worked out all right since at 8:15 a guy showed up to inspect the house. I rent my place and they want to make the houses more sustainable so this company was hired to decide what the energy label for the house is. It was a little annoying and stressful because I hate having strangers in my safe space and he had to be in every single room. Take pictures of the windows, meassure all the windows and walls, look at the heating etc. I was glad I just cleaned the storage/laundry room because that would have been embarrassing otherwise. Thank duck he didn't need to be in the garage; it is an epic disaster in there.
    The rest of my day was pretty lazy and I did a lot of gaming. Depression is really good at lying, trying to tell me it will be nice to hide from the world, just stay inside doing nothing and eating as if it's my last day on earth. I managed to snap out of that and I went for a walk late in the afternoon. About halfway in, I saw a roedeer with a little fawn on the road. Of course my camera was at home. It was far away, but it would have been nice to see them a little better.
    The main goal for today is to cook. I think this will always be a struggle because I simply hate it, but what I make is pretty fast, it is healthy and I do really like it. So time to get back into the habit. Happy Thursday everyone <3
    8ggf0g8d3cii.jpg
    cdqudzb7s8h1.jpg
    jh4zz8yufvvq.jpg
    My mom sent me this cute dragon card in the mail. That cheered me up.
    hxl92w6wnq3d.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    It can sometimes feel like others have more faith in you than you do in yourself. Other people's faith in you is not hampered by fear of failure or weighed down by guilt as they have nothing to lose by believing in you. If they have faith in you, it is for good reason. Imagine seeing yourself through someone else's eyes. Without the fear of failure, you can better believe in yourself. Whenever you feel self-doubt, take yourself away and look at yourself from afar.

nnzoqfvskpd7.jpg
  • Pupowl
    edited June 20
    Options
    @Pupowl - You’ve built some impressive habits of walking and using your exercise rings despite your low-energy days. That’s a huge accomplishment. I’m sorry you are struggling on the nutrition side but I’m glad to see you’re not moving into dangerous territory of denying your body the calories it needs for daily activity. Every day is a new opportunity to start again so I hope you can let go of a bad day, or hour, and start fresh on the next decision of the day! You never have to worry about reporting a gain to the group, which you are always the first to emphasize with other members of our group, so please give yourself the same grace. Thanks for your message and I appreciate you staying engaged with the group whenever you can! Stay cool — ⛱️😎

@PatriceFitnessPal I forgot to thank you for this nice reply. I really appreciate it. I am just trying to get a perfect day because it is much easier to keep it going after that. I have been doing better, but no perfect day yet! I will not try today, I will make it happen. <3 I hope you like the bird app! I generally hate doing things on my phone and I also don't have internet on it, but this app still works offline which is really nice. I hope you can get the pain in your feet under control.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @Krysless2 You reported your Sunday steps as 5852 yesterday and today you wrote 6046. Which one is it?

6046, sorry about that
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,469 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 6/16: 10,413
    Mon 6/17: 11,476
    Tue 6/18: 12,348
    Wed 6/19: 13,069
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,985 Member
    edited June 20
    Options
    Step Goal:10,000
    Tue 06/18: 12759
    Wed 06/19: 8512

June; Wk3 (so far):

Log / Und-C&Cs / 1Hr-Exe
    ❌❌✅✅🔲🔲🔲
    (Yes Days: 2 / 4 Days)
    • Net Calories ( 7458 / 10500 )
      🔴🔴🟢🟢🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 1864 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 550 / 350 )
      🔴🔴🟢🟢🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 137 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps ( 30904 / 70000)
      🔴🔴🟢🔴🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 7726 (Goal: 10000)
    Tue ~ lbs were really inflated Tue morning(post-binge). Yes I weigh every day ..so I get no surprises! I think for me, scale-stress used to stem from weighing in every few days to weighing in every other week and then being caught off guard with huge fluctuations. Those big swings up and down used to add stress to the process.. and scale-avoidance ..and then came the mental struggle of whether to give up or not. It was difficult trying to wrap my head around that 3-14 day time frame and be like “what the hell did I do???” Now since I weigh-in every day I only have to reflect back on just the one day and I know EXACTLY what I did. It’s really helped me stick to plan…but I’m sure there are plenty of people who would disagree… it works for me! 🙂

Wed ~ I tried my hardest to get the lbs back down yesterday but they were still pretty high.
    Wednesday Weight✔️in: 166.6
    I was proud that I finally attained my 10k step goal, but need to increase the intensity because I still haven’t really pushed myself on that front. **Update: Went to the gym at 530 this morning and increased my incline and added machines**
  • AstralCrazy
    AstralCrazy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Tue ~ lbs were really inflated Tue morning(post-binge). Yes I weigh every day ..so I get no surprises! I think for me, scale-stress used to stem from weighing in every few days to weighing in every other week and then being caught off guard with huge fluctuations. Those big swings up and down used to add stress to the process.. and scale-avoidance ..and then came the mental struggle of whether to give up or not. It was difficult trying to wrap my head around that 3-14 day time frame and be like “what the hell did I do???” Now since I weigh-in every day I only have to reflect back on just the one day and I know EXACTLY what I did. It’s really helped me stick to plan…but I’m sure there are plenty of people who would disagree… it works for me! 🙂
    I do the same! It helps me a ton. Very difficult at first but after a while I could see patterns in my chart. Sometime I can even predict the fluctuations. It keeps me sane when they happen to know there will likely even be a bigger drop afterwards lol
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I forgot to step on the scale yesterday and today. :/
    I will post my weigh-in tomorrow Friday June 21st.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    vaqjbec3j08s.png

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Happy 1st Day of Summer ☀️
    zithc5oh2te3.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Hello, Shape Shifters! I have been on the ‘support’ list since May 9th because I was traveling. It feels good to be back home! Here’s my weekly weigh-in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    PW: 147.5
    CW: 147.7

SW: 168
    Ltd: 20.3

While I was traveling, I didn’t have as many opportunities to exercise as I do during my usual routine. So, I’m not disappointed by the small gain since my last weigh-in — six weeks ago. I’ve rededicated myself to cooking more meals at home, and exercising more. Let’s hope it makes a difference! Go Shape Shifters!