🧮 Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #7: HAVE YOU MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOURSELF? 🧮

hicim705
hicim705 Posts: 5,731 Member
edited September 29 in Social Groups
h4mmlq42bwjo.png

When thinking about the 2024 Autumn/Fall 5% Challenge, you must COMMIT to the changes that you plan to make and you must also commit to the Challenge itself. There are many ways to commit to the Challenge. The easiest and fastest way to make that commitment (and to help ensure you start AND finish) the Challenge is to Make An Appointment With Yourself.

In researching this topic, I found that I’m not the only one that tries to ‘stay on track’ by adding this type of activity to a calendar. If you are anything like me, there is a ‘wall calendar’ that still adorns a part of my kitchen. On it, I carefully add birthdays and some important appointments, but I find that most of these are duplicated on a calendar that I carry with me. Years ago, I used to carry a smaller, purse-sized calendar and I would carefully record birthdays/anniversaries/appointments/vacations, etc. on it. Fast forward several years and almost everyone carries (and uses) a calendar by way of an ‘app’ that is on your cell phone. Why not add the 2024 Autumn/Fall 5% Challenge as an event (or appointment) on whatever calendar program that you use?

One suggestion is to add the 2024 Autumn/Fall 5% Challenge as a recurring event. One time per week is all that is really needed, but it will serve as a constant reminder that you are working toward a goal that has a beginning and an end. Not sure what to ‘calendar’? Here is a format that you can copy/use for your own purposes (or you can design your own format). First, consider color coding the Challenge to a color that makes it ‘stand out’ and is different from any/all of your other appointments. Next, decide how you want this appointment to show up on your calendar … following is an example of a weekly appointment (that shows up every Saturday during the Challenge with additional entries highlighting the final day of the challenge and final weigh-in):
📅 ~~2024 Autumn/Fall 5% Challenge ~ 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴 Team ~
October 12, 2024 through December 6, 2024 (Final Weigh-In: Saturday – December 7, 2024).
Practice week will be between October 5, 2024 through October 11, 2024 ~~ 📅

ejuhzp7v037d.png
Pre-Challenge Week: 10/5/24 - 11/1/24
Week #1: 10/12/24 - 10/18/24
Week #2: 10/19/24 - 10/25/24
Week #3: 10/26/24 - 11/1/24
Week #4: 11/2/24 - 11/8/24
Week #5: 11/9/24 - 11/15/24
Week #6: 11/16/24 - 11/22/24
Week #7: 11/23/24 - 11/29/24
Week #8: 11/30/24 - 12/6/24
Final Weigh In: 12/7/24

This is not a unique idea as you can do an online search for something like: Planning a weight loss journey/calendar. You will find many ideas that deal with this topic. In previous topics we have discussed planning in many different ways, this exercise strives to keep you on track. A seasonal 5% challenge is 8 weeks. Each week = 7 days. 8 weeks X 7 days/week = 56 days in total. You CAN commit to 56 days (or 8 weeks) and making an appointment with yourself to ensure that you are present each and every day is so smart!

📓 Your assignment: COUNTDOWN ACTIVITY #7:
HAVE YOU MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOURSELF? 📓

💭Please think about the suggestions of this exercise and let everyone know that you have committed to the Challenge by making that appointment with yourself. In addition, please share your creative ways to remind yourself to show up!!

Feel free to add your comments to this thread outlining your exercise plan for a successful 2024 Autumn/Fall 5% Challenge (if you blog, you may add the link to your blog here or you may simply wish to copy/paste your writing here - or do both!), but please consider sharing!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE: The Seasonal 5% Challenge Teams are very active. You will be expected to participate to the best of your ability.

ALL challenge weeks run from Saturday through Friday - you will be expected to record your exercise and ‘Living the Good Life’ points based on weekly Challenge themes. You are expected to record these points daily or at least as often as you can during the week but no later than 11:59 pm each Saturday (your local time). In addition, you are expected to weigh in one time per week by 11:59 pm every Saturday (your local time). Your individual team leaders and/or team mates will help to answer any and all questions about where to record your points.

🔮 Our 2024 Autumn/Fall 5% Challenge Teams are currently being set up. 🔮

✉️ You will be invited to your individual team soon, in enough time to get to know your team leaders and team mates. Until then, get to know some of the Challengers in the 5% Challenge Community that will be participating right along with you. ✉️

📢 Announcements will be made when invitations to your individual teams are sent. Please visit this team, the 2024 AUTUMN/FALL 5% COMMUNITY TEAM often as this will be the best source for up-to-date information. 📢

=========================================================
Please be sure to set yourself up for S-U-C-C-E-S-S!! Why not start by taking part in **ALL** of the Pre-Challenge Activities? Here they are listed (along with their links) so you can find/participate in all of them!!

Pre-Challenge Activity #1:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924226/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-1-information-and-your-input#latest

Pre-Challenge Activity #2:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924322/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-2-set-some-goals/p1?new=1

Pre-Challenge Activity #3:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924383/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-3-meal-plan#latest

Pre-Challenge Activity #4:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924442/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-4-exercise-plan#latest

Pre-Challenge Activity #5:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924496/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-5-mindful-eating-vs-emotional-eating/p1?new=1

Pre-Challenge Activity #6:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924558/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-6-starting-measurements-with-optional-before-after-ph/p1?new=1

Heidi (hicim705)
Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges (hosted on MFP)

Replies

• KellyBisciotti
    KellyBisciotti Posts: 10 Member
    Added to my phone calendar! I also need to set an alarm for Saturday mornings initially, as I get back in the habit of having team accountability!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,417 Member
    Marked the calendar.👍
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,713 Member
    On the Google phone app calendar, you can set tasks now. I copy the challenge requirements, i.e. weight dates list and steps date list, in the details, then amend weekly to copy and paste into the group thread. It reminds you and you can check it off when done. It doesn't seem to sync onto the desktop version but I'm sure it will soon.
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 431 Member
    Set a date with myself.
    I’ve a spreadsheet for every day till the end of the year showing NAN’S EXERCISE as the first thing of the day whether I’m home or at Anne’s with all the foreseen obstacles like appointments and solutions for the exercise or the food.
    I’m taking 9th November as a total fail now, because my niece is getting married and I’m not in control of the food or portions but one swallow doesn’t make a summer.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Added to my calendar.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 6,083 Member
    🌹
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,422 Member
    I have the start and end date, as well as a few goals at the start, middle and end of the challenge.
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 5,491 Member
    I have added it to my calendar. I entered the start date and the end date and also the halfway date so I can see what changes I may need to make for the second half of the challenge.
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,328 Member
    My tracking spreadsheets have all the dates highlighted for the challenge,
  • diamonds1202
    diamonds1202 Posts: 33 Member
    Appointments set
  • gouldsgranite
    gouldsgranite Posts: 4,249 Member
    Phone appointments set for the Fall Challenge.