OCTOBER 2024 CHALLENGES - 10/01 - 10/31

Replies

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Heading home today. I did a workout in the hotel gym today (felt good!) looking forward to sleeping in my bed ;)

Karen
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member
    We worked on our ballots this morning then dropped them off in an Official Drop Box up at City Hall then got gas then went to the library to drop off the three boxes of books that I couldn't drop off several months ago because they had too many donations. Now they might have too many donations again!!! Those boxes sat in the back of the car this whole time!!
    Made soup and now I'm gonna eat popcorn and read!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 7,000 Member
    Chris our jail takes books in. You could check with yours.

Kathy you are strong. Don't let it creep back.

Paula great loss. You are on the move.

My Dendro (orange coral) is doing great in the new tank. I have had it more than a decade and it has been so sad. Now it has recovered.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 165
    10/7 - 189.3
    10/11 - 186.5
    October goal - 180

A few pounds down....need to keep focused!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Thanks, Shelley. Good idea!
    Karen, I need to keep focused, too. I'm finding it too easy to fall into my old ways.
    I did 5.26 miles in 106 mins this morning. It was beautiful out there. The highest it's supposed to get today is 80 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be 78!! My walking time will be in the 60's!! Makes me happy!
    Going to read, drink coffee and maybe eat popcorn...maybe.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris I so hope you stuck with your plan. The cooler weather sounds divine.

After work today we cleaned tanks. They really needed it too. I am going to play catch up tomorrow. Lots of stupid little things to do.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Shelley, I did not stick to my plan. It changed this morning when I opted for sleep instead of walk!! I'll walk for sure tomorrow. For now, I'm going to drink coffee, text w/my friends, read, and eat sour dough toast w/peanut butter on it!!
    The kids should be coming home from D'land today. Bean misses them. He isn't eating like he should be eating. Makes me worry. He's so thin. He's an old guy. Vet said he was on 'borrowed time.' :'( He does like hard boiled egg and tuna. Who knew???
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    Hey Chris,

Give Bean a hug for me, will you? I remember when DDD first got him and he was your grandpuppy. Time passes so differently for all of us as our worlds evolve.

Shelley,

I made a honeydew list for myself of catch-up things too; and the single line items go on for two pages. Each morning I choose which ones to do today; and sometimes they even get done.

Do you ever do something to avoid something else? For ex., I hate calling utility companies (reduced customer service is sad), so I'll do almost anything else to feel useful but avoid that. My internet hasn't worked properly in over a year, LOL.

Today I want to:
    1. Change the sensor in the LitterBot (because boy cat pees on pillows if there's one little poop in his box);
    2. Break down boxes for the trash (the garage is filling up with amazon boxes and I can't get to the washer to wash the peed-on pillows).
    3. See if there's any hot water for a shower (no propane for the water heater, due to a leak - calling a plumber to find that leak is lower down the list than a shower).
    Best,
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Chris sorry about Bean . I sure miss all my boys. Wish they lived longer.

Paula that's the only way I get things done. A list. I am a bit ADD. And if you can't get to the washer is that really a bad thing? ;)

Did some catching up on chores today also. Tomorrow going on a walk with friends. 2 hours or so!

Shelley
  • cpanus
    I did 6.11 miles in 123 mins this morning. I went to the Ruins then around to the Passion Flowers. That nursery has so many trees for sale. I don't know who would by a lot of trees around here. the Passion Flowers had a lot of orange butterflies flitting around!! My feet were crying by the time I got home. :D There is a rocky part of the path to the Passion Flowers that got me good!!
    Sara p/u Bean and we de-dog furred the house!! That pup sheds everywhere!! Thank goodness for sticky rollers!
    Sara is still on holiday tomorrow so we won't have the boys. I do have my trainer at noon.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Have I mentioned I live on a mountainside? Walking would be so much easier in the flatlands.

Yesterday a friend and I went to the local pub to listen to music and I was ready to leave before her, so I tried to walk it. Made it about a quarter of a mile uphill, then stuck out my thumb* and Pat, who lives across the street picked me up. (*It was safe, because everyone driving by at that point would be a neighbor.)

A couple of months ago that would've been impossible. Feel exhausted and good about it.

Paula
  • kjs1228
    Paula - how are your knees? I hope better!

Shelley - wow I can't believe you've had your dish for over a decade! What is the oldest you have had?

Got my flu shot yesterday....feeling a bit of a scratchy throat...but that's about it. Didn't get much rest this weekend. Went to my friend Tracy's yesterday....she's so devastated. Her son's BFF (20 year old girl) committed suicide at college (they go to the same school.)....family friend since childhood. She's devastated and worried about Nick who is already struggling....so hard. I just listened and tried to support her.

Was in the office today. Woeking from home tomorrow (woo hoo!). Hope to get some exercise in....

Have a great night!

Karen
  • cpanus
    edited October 15
    Paula, that sounds a bit crazy, sticking out your thumb after dark! We used to do that when we were young...a bit crazy then too. Man!!
    Karen, so sorry about the young girl committing suicide. So darn sad.
    Saw my trainer for a 60 min workout today. It was good!!
    It's a holiday for Sara and Ronan, so no boys today. It starts over tomorrow!
    It was warm today. Supposed to cool off later in the week!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris your walk by the Passion trees sounds wonderful. No photos though. Would have loved that.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    (Chris, It wasn't dark out. - paula)
  • kjs1228
    I’m really trying to energize myself to do more weight-bearing activity. I did a peloton workout at 6 AM. Check and then walk a good 40 minutes in the afternoon check :-)
  • cpanus
    Paula, Glad it wasn't dark out. Glad it was your neighbor who helped you.
    Shelley, if I walk by the Passion Flowers this weekend, I'll take pictures for you.
    Took Collin for a 1.73 miles in 53 mins this morning. We went to see the ponies, pig and ducks. He fell asleep in the last 15 mins of the walk. Slept for almost 3 hours!!!
    Our son Nick will be gone 14 years tomorrow. We'll have dinner at Sara's and go to his niche. Cancer sucks, man. :'(
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    I missed a lot of this! My internet has been wonky.

Chris it seems we have known each other almost as long as Nick has been gone. Hugs.
    I bet SIL didn't like the long nap. I bet Collin needed it. I look forward to the photos.

Karen my clownfish are around 17 years old. I have a crab that's 18. Work on that lifting weights plan. Suicide sucks. People should not kill themselves. They need help.

Paula I am glad you are safe. And happy you had a great experience.

Walked the mountain trail. Photos tomorrow.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Shelley, Thank you! and Wow! for your clownfish 17 years old!! I didn't know fish or crabs lived that long! SIL didn't say anything about Collin's nap. He just swooped in and picked him up when he woke up and split. Made us happy!!
    We had dinner at Sara and Pete's with Nick's friend Steven, then went to the niche. We had ice cream and cookies when we got back to Sara's. That was something Nick really liked...I think it was called a Pazookie at the restaurant. Delish! Steven and Pete were good friends with Nick. When Nick started loosing his hair from the chemo, Steven, Pete and two of Nick's other friends came over and they all shaved their heads bald!! I laughed and cried. What a great group of young men! I miss him every day.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Collin and I went to see the animals today. I went the hard way but it wasn't too hard. The wind was blowing and cold. The sun was hot. We named all the colors of the trucks and the two big school busses that brought kids to ride the ponies and pet the goats. Didn't see the fat, black pig today, tho.
    I get to see the dentist today. So worried. I haven't been in in such a long, long time and our dentist retired and there is a new dentist there. They changed the name of the place, but the two women who ran the front desk are still there. Hopefully, I won't faint or throw up. Pat is going with me. He likes the new guy. We'll see. ugh!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris what wonderful friends Nick had. Icecream on cookies does sound delicious. What kind of cookies?

I also need to visit the dentist. Maybe the new guy will be great. Hope so

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    vv9icequm2xq.jpeg
    jk9xv1ophuld.jpeg
    zjsdwkorea1q.jpeg
    rbae4lfeq918.jpeg
    2s9k3c3fo6fu.jpeg
    xojsmednw33s.jpeg
  • zumbaforever
    edited October 18
    df2foxrwguat.jpeg

These are some of the photos we took on our hike last Sunday

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Shelley,

I L:love:VE your pictures. You and your friends have beautiful families. What a wonderful day.

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Chris,

Best wishes with the dentist! Hope it turns out to be someone you really like. That is always such a gem, finding a provider you trust and enjoy. (Well maybe not "enjoy" the dentist-part; but enjoy the person.)

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Highest Weight - 317
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 138
    Oct 31 Goal Weight - 207

Oct 1 - 211
    Oct 10 - 209.2
    Oct 17 - 209.5
    Oct 24 -
    Oct 31 -

Paula

• kjs1228
    Chris - sounds like a great ode to Chris :-). Cancer does suck! So much.

Shelley - The pictures are so gorgeous. Really looks like you all had an amazing time.

I came down with some sort of a cold / allergy issue this week. The weather's been so wonky. Pretty stuffy and sneezy. I was meant to give blood yesterday but I had to cancel. Didn't feel like it was a great idea to do that not feeling a hundred percent. I did get out and walk however which felt really nice.

I plan on going to yoga this morning. They're offering a new class called Pilates yoga which sounds really interesting so I want to give that a try. Bella and I are meant to go dress shopping in the afternoon for our friend's wedding in Atlanta in the middle of November. Hoping she finishes her homework so we can go and do that. Otherwise I told her she needs to just stay home and wear something in her closet.

Want to do some food planning this weekend to have a couple of interesting meals next week. It soup season for me. My mom makes amazing soup. I'm thinking I'll try a Crock-Pot version of some soup this week which is so easy.

Tomorrow we are going to one of my friends house to watch the Philadelphia Eagles with herself and her husband. Just Jim and I. We were meant to go last year but she got sick and we couldn't do it. So fingers crossed it'll be a good game. He'll be nice to spend time with her :-)

Hope you all have a beautiful Saturday!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Thanks, my friends!
    Yes, the dentist was a really nice guy. Got my teeth cleaned...not fun. I don't have any problems and the gal who cleaned my teeth said to just keep doing what I'm doing!! I don't go back until June w/Pat when we will both get our teeth cleaned. :#
    I made soup today and made it a total rest day.
    Our wind has been crazy up until today. Tomorrow morning, when I'm headed to the post office, there is supposed to be little wind!! crazy, right?? From 20 mph one day to 5 mph the next. I'll be able to take my umbrella tomorrow unless things change.
    That's it for now.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Thanks everyone. It was a fantastic walk. The first half was scary with the children I admit. No photos of that part. I kept a hand on Melanie the whole way up. That little girl is so precious to me. It was steep and rocky.

I added 2 of the baby fish to my large tank Friday night. They seem to be doing well. It was the mandarin goby pair. I did have to cover the overflow so they didn't get swept into the sump.

It was a beautiful day. Cut one of this season's last roses to bring inside. Then played the original Zelda game. Pushups was all I did.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Going out to plant tulips. Not sure where I will find room for them. But will try. Maybe by the new clematis plants.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I am looking at the last week in April to retire.

Shelley