Get Your GREENS! October 2024 Challenge πŸ§‰ πŸ₯— πŸ₯ πŸ₯‘

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,353 Member
    On the run.. but stopped at corner store to make sure I got some greens.

Work- chaos- greens!

5t7s7wak48kk.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    Today:

greens shake:
    Greens πŸ₯¬- kale, spinach, tatsoi,
    Nature: blueberries, pomegranate, açaí, black currant.
    Added collagen booster.

unkfqn6a74zi.jpeg

Wraps:
    Greens πŸ₯¬- avocado, boy choy & cabbage microgreens.
    Added roast chicken on almond, flax wrap.

ldsoxsc71rfg.jpeg

Broccoli πŸ₯¦ & roast chicken thighs.

wzws73s9o4u2.jpeg

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,661 Member
    Tuesday Greens! Last avocado of the six bought last week. They all made it! (I don't think I'll buy 6 at once again, tho :p):

j0n4j55zymh0.jpg
  • mkksemail
    ... and Sweet Potato crisps (a little too crisped 😜), with artichoke, spinach, and bacon stuffed breaded chicken breasts (Wilshire Farms, ready to cook).

on7gtgqvi39c.jpg

• SafariGalNYC
    Dinner…

Brussel sprouts and Wild King Salmon!

More greens tomorrow. ;) night all!

py0vy8v25zgf.jpeg

• mkksemail
    edited October 10
    Looks delicious, SG !! No greens, but not freggie barren!
    I forgot to take a picture :p. Dinner - walnuts, oui yogurt pot honey flavor, macoun apple, black plum ~

un50xzkye4gi.png
    7lp18oxgexza.pngby8c4dhvmufr.pngmtlihlhuufom.png

• dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 314 Member
    This is my
    Happy Fall Yaall Special
    A shake to match the trees changing.
    Broccoli
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Bolt house
    Cacao nibs

Have a happy and safe Friday everyone 🍁🍁🍁🍁🌴🌴🌴🌴🀠tygy0afja6sj.jpeg
    8vprfnv2xe37.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    This is my
    Happy Fall Yaall Special
    A shake to match the trees changing.
    Broccoli
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Bolt house
    Cacao nibs

Have a happy and safe Friday everyone 🍁🍁🍁🍁🌴🌴🌴🌴🀠tygy0afja6sj.jpeg
    8vprfnv2xe37.jpeg

@dannytrees1 love it!! Happy Autumn πŸ‚ 🍁
  • SafariGalNYC
    In the autumn spirit now because of Danny ☝️
    ☺️

Greens shake on my patio:
    πŸ₯¬ watercress, spinach, kale, cucumber, blueberries 🫐 spirulina 🌿

bg74ls7dpajf.jpeg

Needed to use all my veggie leftovers as I am en route to France πŸ‡«πŸ‡·β€¦ so made a veggie pilaf.

🌿 scallions, microgreens, cauli rice, garlic, mushrooms, green beans, baby carrots with curry sauce. Came out pretty good.

tdhvtq8eswhm.jpeg

Next greens πŸ₯¬ coming from Paris. Oui. Have a great weekend!
  • mkksemail
    Happy Fall y'all ! Looks like close to peak leaf season, Danny!

SG, that veggie pilaf looks so damn good. And look at you, globe hopping again! Enjoy France!

I've had just fruit the last couple days (but it's yummy fruit! :p). I'll work on fixing that tonight. I think another veggie stuffed chicken breast, and sweet potato chips again. Hopefully not as charred as last time ;-). They did end up tasting good, the charred ones had a great crisp!

~ mk :)

• mkksemail
    Saturday Freggies! Sweet Potato Chips, and Asparagus & Cheese Stuffed Breaded Chicken. I'm not sure I have the time on the sweet potato chips down yet. LOL Hubby said he liked both this version, and the crispier version, too. Maybe next time I'll try to have them all be soft/chewy and not crunchy, we'll see. They're pretty good, tho! It's just a sliced sweet potato baked on a baking sheet with olive oil, and garlic salt.

9gzehdkujlxp.jpg

ox4z8r5bl9jr.jpg

• SafariGalNYC
    A home is not complete without a greens drier… found this at the market. Stay tuned!

ss8nxwjuesvk.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    1lruxzwn3d4n.jpeg
    i2s5r4ujs9su.jpeg
    veqe0v8msnl3.jpeg
    9hlzfeob2q81.jpeg

Greenie love from France. πŸ’š

Stopped at a market at got cΕ“ur de frisΓ©e, māche and chicorΓ©e rouge. …. And the loveliest pear. 🍐
    French garden greens and pumpkin in the background.

(Non greens - some charcuterie..)
  • mkksemail
    Fun pumpkin patch, adorable house and garden!! Your plate looks delicious - I bet that pear tastes so good, too!!!

Cheers, Mary! Enjoy ! Xx
  • mkksemail
    Went out for BBQ tonight, I had 'The Rachel', I don't know who it was named for, but it was aaammmaaazzzinggg. Slow BBQ turkey, with I can't remember everything the guy said, he talked so fast, but it was handmade this and housemade that, on rye with swiss. Plus a whole mess of sides - baked beans, apple something slaw, long roasted Brussel sprouts and collard greens that tasted great. And the cold veggies that came with.

Hubby got a platter, he was 'torn' and couldn't decide, so the guy made him a custom platter of half brisket and half pastrami. Plus the same cold veggies that came with mine, but he also had french fries, and stttuuuppid good mac n cheese.

He ate his whole platter, I don't know how, lol. I ate half of my sandwich, and about 25%-33% of each of the veggie sides. The veggie sides were so good, I asked him to add on the collard greens, when he came to check on us. He told me the sprouts and collard were both good, I couldn't decide, so he chose the sprouts for me. Glad I added on the greens too. That BBQ joint knows how to make good veggies!

I told him he was going to feed me for a week, lol. We both got small batch local beers on tap. So good! (There are some amazing breweries in Maine.)

6czth2f2v45q.jpg

i5bs3qdpv5rz.jpg

f4v05xf2qh6u.jpg

• mkksemail
    Monday! We bought more avocados yesterday :p

Avocado toast with Wild Wonders Grape Tomatoes, and an egg:

kv2zs7e4b3s1.jpg

It's rainy and chilly here in Maine today. I hope you all are having lovelier weather!

• mkksemail
    Tuesday Freg!

Shoot, I forgot to take a picture, but I had the other half of my Smoked Turkey BBQ joint sandwich, and one of the veggie sides (carrots, cauliflower, red onions, pickles, housemade thousand island dressing dip).

Tonight will be crab soup, and another veggie side, probably the roasted brussel sprouts (tho there is also baked beans, and collard greens).

Time to make another smoothie. We bought more smoothie produce. Tomorrow, for sure!

• mkksemail
    Tonight will be crab soup, and another veggie side, probably the roasted brussel sprouts (tho there is also baked beans, and collard greens).

Went with the brussel sprouts, along with the crab soup, for us both, and stuffed clams as well, for hubby. The crab soup was .... not good 😬. Super fishy! Hubby ate it, but I only had a couple bites. I had the leftover baked beans with my brussel sprouts instead. Much better! 😁

• SafariGalNYC
    At one of my fav Roman vegetable markets.
    Loaded up on zucchini with zucchini flowers! Broccoletti and artichokes Yum.

Green goodness!

prdgladu0dvr.jpeg
  • mkksemail
    edited October 16
    Oh myyyyy - dang, that all looks so good !!! πŸ˜‹πŸ€€

Bought some Moon Drops grapes on Sunday. They were $1.50+ more per lb than green, or purple, or red grapes, and I almost put them back for the cheaper ones ... but then I tried one of each of the Moon Drops and the purple grapes. omg, NIGHT AND DAY! I was with hubby, and he said yep, Moon Drops are better, but the other ones are less expensive, let's get them. I said, hey, we were just saying that fruit tastes so much better in Europe b/c Americans won't pay for taste, sure these are uglier, and they are more expensive, but let's support better taste :). (We ended up with a bag of both, lol).

If any of you have Moon Drops Grapes in your local market - recommend!

Moon Drops and Avocado toast w/ fried diced tomatoes today - hubby's mini-colander is already in with him at his wfh desk:

37qqfog273d0.jpg

(I almost forgot my smoked paprika! LOL I added it after this photo ... used up the last of the smoked paprika; I'll have to try a different spice next time. We have 3 avocados left.)
  • mkksemail
    PS - I don't think I've ever seen zucchini WITH the flowers on before πŸ€”. I bet they taste wonderful!
  • mkksemail
    Red beans & Collard Greens for Wed dinner:

Red beans & rice, with collard greens & diced ham added, & rotisserie chicken wing, thigh, drumstick:

06m5nl7zv8ak.jpg
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,813 Member
    Hi, I'm just letting you know that I'm leaving most groups for now because I just don't have time to keep up with them all. I'll still be eating well and getting my greens πŸ₯—

Stay strong and healthy πŸ’šxoxoxπŸ’š
  • SafariGalNYC
    Greens today: πŸ₯¬
    Artichoke, arugula, chicory

Additional Fruit & veg-- tomato, grapes, cauliflower, eggplant, figs.
  • mkksemail
    Struggling ... and greatful for this thread. I'll be putting somthing green in it tonight :).

Moon Drops grapes yesterday ...
  • mkksemail
    mmmm figs ... !
  • mkksemail
    edited October 21
    It's the end of the Hogwart's Challenge, so I had to check in for my "Unbreakable Vow" Challenge, which was to get greens 4/7 days. Sharing my post here, too - I'm going to keep this going, b/c this is probably one of my weakest areas. (Why I love this challenge!)

From my Hogwart's Challenge group, Unbreakable Vow post. You could 'claim' 3, 7, or 15 points, depending on how you did:

Kisame29 wrote: Β»
    sXf5it1.gif
    Unbreakable Vow
    "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."

In Godric's Hollow, Voldemort was first defeated by Harry Potter. It is in this place where students have the opportunity to create their own 4-week challenges to help improve themselves however they'd like.

Since this is an optional challenge, these points will only count towards your individual point total and NOT house points.

For this term we will have the following schedule for the two Unbreakable Vow challenges:
    • Vow I:
      • Post your first vow until 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday, August 28th (middle of week 1).
      • Follow your vow through weeks 1 - 4 (from Monday, August 26th (or the day you posted your vow) through Sunday, September 22nd.
      • Claim your points (see below) from Monday, September 23rd until 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, September 29th (during week 5). The thread will be opened again during this period.

• Vow II:
      • Post your second vow until 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, September 22nd (end of week 4). There will be a new thread posting during Week 4 when you can post your second Vow.
      • Follow your vow through weeks 5 - 8 (from Monday, September 23rd through Sunday, October 20th).
      • Claim your points (see below) during week 8, until 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, October 20th. The thread will be opened again during this week.

Note - Given the ample amount of time we allow for students to post their vows and claim their points, the use of a tardy pass to post or claim points is NOT allowed.

For this challenge, you will challenge yourself in a way that will improve your health. The challenge you pick should be a physical or food-related challenge.

Rules:
      • The challenge must be a Quidditch/Potions-style challenge - i.e. a physical/exercise challenge or a food-related challenge. We will give students a lot of freedom, but please make sure to pick something that is a decent challenge for you.
        • Please note: Personal goals such as meditating, journaling, getting X hours of sleep per night, etc. do not count as Quidditch/Potion-style challenges, but they may be combined with such tasks when creating your vow. For example you could vow to do 15 minutes of creative writing and 15 minutes of strength training, 4 days per week.
        • If your vow does NOT include a Quidditch / Potion task then you will be asked to change it, but you will still only have until the respective deadline for posting your vow to do so. Therefore we highly encourage you to post your vow as soon as possible and reach out to a staff member if you have any questions.
      • The challenge should be a SMART challenge - specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-based. Therefore, "be more healthy" is NOT an appropriate challenge. However, "exercise for at least 15 minutes 5 days per week" is a SMART goal that you can achieve. As you will see from the examples below, it must also be clearly measurable - therefore do NOT use "most days" of the week - please be specific.
      • Because we also run a challenge to meet your calorie goal on a weekly basis (Arithmancy), you may NOT use that or tracking/logging food for your challenge goal.
      • Because we also run a challenge to meet your water goal on a weekly basis (Alchemy), you may NOT use that or tracking/logging drinks for your challenge goal.
      • Because the overall challenge is a weight-loss (or maintenance) challenge and we give you points for weigh-ins each week, please do NOT pick a challenge that is simply "lose x lbs."
      • Note: We STRONGLY recommend that you give yourself some leeway. It is often unrealistic to expect to complete something every single day, so please feel free to give yourself at least one day off when writing your challenge. For example, you could aim to get 1 hour of exercise every day, but for your official challenge you might use "I will exercise for 1 hour at least 5 days per week." Sometimes people get sick, have family emergencies, etc - so please give yourself a little wiggle room for those unexpected life events.
      • Once you have posted your challenge, it may NOT be changed after the respective 4-week period has begun!
      • If you joined or became an official student after the Vows were posted, unfortunately you cannot participate in Part I, but you can prepare for Part II!

Examples for challenges:
      • I will exercise for 15 minutes at least 6 days per week (or even more specific - I will complete 10 minutes of stretching every day)
      • I will complete 30 minutes of exercise for 3 days each week
      • I will eat at least 3 servings of fruits/vegetables for 5 days each week
      • I will not eat fast food for at least 6 days of each week
      • I will run at least 10 miles each week

If you are not sure if your challenge will be okay, please feel free to PM a staff member so we can confirm if it's appropriate.

When you post your vow, please include your house name in ALL CAPS!

Example:
      RAVENCLAW

I vow to stay under 150 grams of carbs for 4 days each week.

You may earn 3, 7, or 15 points for completing this optional challenge.
      • 15 points for completing your vow 100% of the challenge.
      • 7 points for completing your vow 75% of the challenge.
        For example, if my challenge was to exercise 3 times per week and some weeks I only exercised twice, then I'd claim 7 points.
      • 3 points for attempting your vow but succeeding for less than 75% of the challenge time.
        To earn those 3 points, you must still post at the end of the challenge stating that you attempted the challenge but did not complete it.
      When you are claiming your points, make sure to quote your original vow and then state how many points you earned.

If you have any questions, please contact any of the staff members:

Term 51 Staff:
    SLYTHERIN πŸπŸ’šβœ¨πŸ₯—πŸ

I am having difficulty with my knee, so I'm not going to renew my 70k steps a week vow for the second half. I started a Greens Challenge last month which I'm not doing well on, so I'm going to focus on that for the second half.

I solemnly swear that I will eat Greens (at least 1 full serving of any green fruit or veggie) at least 4 days per week for the four weeks of the 2nd Unbreakable Challenge.

Cheers,

SLYTHERIN πŸπŸ’šβœ¨πŸ₯—πŸ

Claiming 7 points for meeting the challenge 75% of the time. This is really a challenge for me 😬. I'm going to keep it going over the 3-week break, hopefully improve :).

Cheers!

Wk 5: Mon Sep 23 - Sun Sep 29, 2024: Greens, 4/7 days; Other Freggies 4/7; Nuts, Seeds, Legumes 2/7:
    • Mon Greens: x
      Mon Other: x
      Mon Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: x
    • Tue Greens: x
      Tue Other: x
      Tue Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: x
    • Wed Greens: x
      Wed Other: x
      Wed Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: x
    • Thu Greens: Organic Spinach Spring Mix 50/50,
      Thu Other: Bosc Pear, Aeble (Danish apple), Orange, Carrots
      Thu Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Walnuts,
    • Fri Greens: Organic Spinach Spring Mix 50/50,
      Fri Other: Black Plum, Macoun Apple, Carrots, Red Apple Cake, Apple (in yogurt),
      Fri Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: x
    • Sat Greens: Organic Spring Mix,
      Sat Other: Naval Orange, Honeycrisp Apple, Kiwi, Blueberries, Carrots, Red Apple Cake
      Sat Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: x
    • Sun Greens: Sandwich Pickles, Sandwich Lettuce, Organic Spring Mix, Green Apple
      Sun Other: Sandwich Tomatoes, Sandwich Onions, Banana, Berry Medley Mix, Carrots, Red Apple Cake, Coconut (in yogurt), pineapple (in yogurt), lemon juice concentrate (in yogurt), coconut water concentrate (in yogurt),
      Sun Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Walnuts,

Wk 6: Mon Sep 30 - Sun Oct 06, 2024: Greens, 7/7 days; Other Freggies 7/7; Nuts, Seeds, Legumes 3/7:
    • Mon Greens: Organic Spring Mix, Green apple,
      Mon Other: Mango, Orange, Carrots, Berry Medley Mix
    • Tue Greens: Organic Spring Mix, Sandwich Dill Pickles, Sandwich Lettuce,
      Tue Other: Macoun Apple, Kiwi, Banana, Carrots, Sandwich Banana Peppers, Sandwich Tomatoes, Sandwich Onions, strawberry (in yogurt),
      Tue Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Pure Peanut Powder,
    • Wed Greens: Avocado, Sandwich Green Bell Peppers,
      Wed Other: lemon juice (1/2 tbsp), Heirloom Tomato, Banana, Sandwich Grilled Portabello Mushrooms (main ingredient), Sandwich Grilled Onions, lime (in yogurt),
      Wed Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Walnuts,
    • Thu Greens: Avocado, Brussel Sprouts,
      Thu Other: lemon juice (1/2 tbsp), Heirloom Tomato, raspberry (in yogurt), Black plum,
      Thu Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: x
    • Fri Greens: Avocado
      Fri Other: lemon juice (1/2 tbsp), Diced Tomatoes, Sweet Potato, Banana, pumpkin (in yogurt),
    • Sat Greens: Avocado,
      Sat Other: Lemon Juice (1/2 tbsp), Diced Tomatoes, Yellow Bell Peppesr, Carrots, Sweet Potato, mango (in yogurt),
    • Sun Greens: Avocado,
      Sun Other: Lemon Juice (1/2 tbsp), Diced Tomatoes, Carrots,
      Sun Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Red Beans,

Wk 7: Mon Oct 07 - Sun Oct 13, 2024: Greens, 3/7 days; Other Freggies 7/7; Nuts, Seeds, Legumes 3/7:
      Mon Other: Four Fruit Marmalade, Yellow Bell Peppers, Carrots, Sweet Potato,
      Mon Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Red Beans,
    • Tue Greens: Avocado, Spinach, Artichoke,
      Tue Other: Lemon Juice (1/2 tbsp), Diced Tomatoes, Sweet Potato,
      Wed Other: Black Plum, Macoun Apple,
      Wed Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Walnuts,
    • Thu Greens: x
      Thu Other: Black Plum, Macoun Apple,
      Thu Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Walnuts,
    • Fri Greens: x
      Fri Other: Black Plum, Macoun Apple,
    • Sat Greens: Asparagus,
      Sat Other: Sweet Potato,
    • Sun Greens: Roasted Brussel Sprouts (part of side), Collard Greens (part of side),
      Sun Other: (Cauliflower, Celery, Carrots, Pickles) side veggie dish (part of it), Sandwich slaw, Sandwich cranberries, Apple Citrus Slaw (part of side), lemons & blueberry (in cake),
      Sun Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Baked Beans (part of side),

Wk 8: Mon Oct 14 - Sun Oct 20, 2024: Greens, 4.3/7 days; Other Freggies 5/7; Nuts,Seeds,Legumes 4/7:
    • Mon Greens: Avocado,
      Mon Other: Lemon Juice (1/2 tbsp), Diced Tomatoes, lemons & blueberry (in cake),
      Mon Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Red Beans,
    • Tue Greens: Brussel Sprouts,
      Tue Other: (Cauliflower, Celery, Carrots, Pickles) side veggie dish (part of it), Sandwich slaw, Sandwich cranberries, lemons & blueberry (in cake),
      Tue Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Baked Beans,
    • Wed Greens: Avocado, Collard Greens,
      Wed Other: Lemon Juice (1/2 tbsp), Diced Tomatoes, Moon Drops Grapes, lemons & blueberry (in cake),
      Wed Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Red Beans,
      Thu Other: x
      Fri Other: Moon Drops Grapes,
    • Sat Greens: Sandwich Pickles, Sandwich Lettuce ... (not enough greens to count 1 full serving for this day!)
      Sat Other: Sandwich Tomato, Sandwich Onions, lemons & blueberry (in cake),
    • Sun Greens: Avocado,
      Sun Other: Lemon Juice (1/2 tbsp), Diced Tomatoes, coconut (in yogurt), banana,
      Sun Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: Walnuts,

For the Break :) -
    Wk 9: Mon Oct 21 - Sun Oct 27, 2024:
    Greens, x/7 days; Other Freggies x/7; Nuts, Seeds, Legumes x/7:
      Mon Other: x
    • Tue Greens: x
      Tue Other: x
      Wed Other: x
      Wed Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: x
      Thu Other: x
      Fri Other: x
    • Sat Greens: x
      Sat Other: x
    • Sun Greens: x
      Sun Other: x
      Sun Nuts, Seeds, Legumes: x
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited October 21
    Yesterday’s greens: no photo πŸ“Έ been running around!

Greens πŸ₯¬: romaine, kale, artichoke, basil, cucumber, olives, green pepper πŸ«‘

Other nature made: tomato, plum, apple, chickpea, onion.

I saw a sign today walking home.. it’s said β€œmangiare meglio vivere meglio”

Eat better, live better.

My stressed out self needed to see that.

• dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 314 Member
    Stopping in to say hello 🀠🌴🌴🍁
    MK … I still need to try the Avocado Toast πŸ‘
    SG my goodness your on the move again… sounds exciting… adventures
    Have a great week
    Danny
    πŸπŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ‘»πŸŒ΄πŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited October 21
    Back in NYC - did some greens restocking. πŸ’š

gtcz3gkrndhx.jpeg
    3dfbjjrt0y1k.jpeg
    cp6aossi42rg.jpeg

I love celery juice .. and my fav red leaf lettuce. I could eat it with everything. Wraps are just a vector for lettuce .. πŸ˜‹