Classes?

Options
JustEllieK
JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
Hello there! I am Eloise but you can call me Ellie. I am 18 years old and i am a freshmen in College. This is my second semester. I am taking 2 sociology classes, a math class, a cardio class and i finished my fast track psych class in Oct.

What are you all taking? What year are you in? What are your college life dirty details :wink:

Replies

• oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am taking 2 sociology classes, a math class, a cardio class and i finished my fast track psych class in Oct.

A cardio class? That sounds fun.

I am in my fourth year, but I am doing six total (yes, full time every semester...). I am earning two degrees: One in Early Childhood Education with a minor in Child Services, and one in Community Health. My current classes:

- Children's Literature
    - American Sign Language
    - (what should be called...) Developmentally Appropriate Practice in ECE
    - Relationships and Family Systems
    - Dinosaurs
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I finished my Associates of Science in business after three years then changed direction. Re-applying to nursing school in the spring and taking a sociology, 2nd year spanish, and microbiology. After that hopefully just nursing school courses. :)

I'm really interested in Psychology, Growth and Development, and Relational studies. I loved taking anatomy!
    I may get a masters to be an anesthetist nurse or nurse practitioner...or go the route of hospital administration. Not sure yet.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm studying classical violin so my classes are weird! I take violin lessons, orchestra, chamber music, harmony, opera history and string instrument professional studies. Pretty specific. The idea of taking a whole range of classes seems odd to me.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my Master's and my focus is Children's Literature. I'm only taking 2 classes this semester--one is 'The Heroic Tradition in Children's Literature' and the other is my thesis writing. This is my last semester of classes and then I have until June to write/complete my thesis. It's crunch time for me! If all goes well, I will have defended by August, at which point I will probably take a semester or two off before going back for my phd.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My degree is English Language & Linguistics.
    It entails a lot of detailed stuff that I shall not go into, but I adore it :)
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior studying international Affairs / Business major.

i'm taking international conflict
    social entrepreneurship
    acting
    business calculus

I luckily found a job already so I'm going to be very busy next semester.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior Biology major in the Education program. This is a busy semester:

Anatomy & Physiology
    Geophysics
    History of Christian Thought
    Differentiated Instruction
    Reading in the Content Area
    Lifetime Sports and Games

Plus I TA for two labs and prep for one.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm a junior nursing student...I love it, but it's crazy.

I have Adult Health Nursing w/ hospital rotation
    Psych Mental Health Nursing w/ hospital rotation
    and Nursing Research.

Wow...writing it out looks like it's not that big of a class load. :laugh: The hospital rotations are 6 hrs each so that does add a lot.
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    I'm a junior General Studies major with a BIG emphasis in Music. I want to get my PhD in Humanities and teach at a college level. I'm taking Movie Music, Renaissance and Baroque, Contemporary Southern Literature, Yoga, Voice, Chamber Choir and Music Theory III. I love what I do!
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm a senior in pre-pharmacy. I just got accepted to pharmacy school, so I'll be starting my doctorate in the fall.
    Right now i'm taking mammalian physiology, genetics, immunology, and ethics & the health sciences.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I completed my Associates in Liberal Arts as I was pharmacy for a long time but ended up not liking it so I've switched around a ton.

Right now I'm in Geology, Technical Communications, Pre-Calculus, Lose Big! Win Big! (which is a food log based class LOL!), and Walking for Fitness. This is all to complete my random Liberal Arts degree.

I transfer to the big school next semester with a plan to get my CPA in the long run. I really wanted to go Engineering but it would take 3-4 more years of school to get my Bachelors and I don't think I have the funding for that. lol... Oh well! I like crunching numbers so Accounting is a great place to be anyways. I'll be taking Intro to Accounting, Macro Econ, Business Statistics, Business Communication, Intro to Excel/Microsoft Word because my Computer 101 class won't transfer :( and a class Intro to Programming as I plan on getting my minor in IT Management as I like computers. Should be really fun.
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a 4th year veterinary science student, and loving it! :heart: :bigsmile:

At the moment I have four subjects:

small animal internal medicine
    ruminant internal medicine
    equine internal medicine
    pigs and aquaculture.

It's pretty intense at the moment but this is my last lot of major exams before rotations so I'm excited :happy:
  • healthybones
    healthybones Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name's Christal & I'm 21 years old. :smile:
    I'm in my 3rd year of college & 1st year of Pharmacy school working on my Doctorate (I hope 2015 comes fast!).
    The classes that I'm currently taking are Pharmaceutics Lecture & Lab, Biochemistry, Pathophysiology, Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience, Drug Information, and a Forum/Seminar class.
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm in my 2nd year of law school (and as of next month will be officially halfway done!! YAY!!) I got my BA in Criminal Justice and Writing.... I'm currently taking Federal Income Taxation, Criminal Procedure, Evidence, Corporations, and Constitutional Law...

Wishing everyone luck with their classes and their fitness goals!! :)
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Hi :-)

I just finished my first year of nursing school (lvn - Im not patient enough for a wait list lol). Waiting to take my NCLEX and then work while doing my two year lvn-bsn.

Seems never ending!

I finally worked off all the weight I gained my first year. My goal is to keep it off
  • weddingweight11
    Options
    I'm in first year Social Work.
    How does everyone not sit and study and EAT!!!????
    That's all I do!
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    WOW! You all are making me feel like a newbie! Seniors and Juniors. You all are a bunch of smart people with all your classes!
  • amp5622
    amp5622 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Amy and I'm a junior. I'm an Animal Sciences major with minors in Equine science and Agribusiness Management. My classes right now are:

Horse Production and Management
    Horse and Man
    Principles of Animal Science
    Animal Products Technology
    Animal Products Technology Lab
    Introduction to Horse Judging
    Careers in Animal Agriculture
    Economics of the Food System
  • amp5622
    amp5622 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's all I do!

Hahaha! That would be one of the reasons why I'm here now! hahaha! :smile:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That's all I do!

I had to switch to eating veggies with hummus and drinking green tea or low fat coffee to keep going. Granola bars are so helpful. I have to eat to stay awake at times, so I know what you mean!!!! Homemade popcorn is a good snack too if you don't go overboard on the butter or salt. :) Just find a favorite snack you know you can get away with.