What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I've never as an adult weighed less than 175 except when I was very ill living in India and it was not a good look ;) My goal is basically to have my weight start with a 1. Then after that it's all about fitness, and I'll see where that takes me.

I love friend requests from other tall girls, especially ones who exercise regularly and have open diaries so feel free to add me!
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and I am hoping to get down to 170-180
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see 175 again, but anything under 200 is going to be a happy happy day! 5'10" age 36.
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I had no idea this group existed on here and this SO JUST MADE MY DAY ya'll!!! LOL

I am 6'2" and my goal is 199 (can't say 200, come on now lol) - but my aspirational goal is 185. The last time I ws 185 I was 17 and still thought I was fat as hell, so it should be a learning process along the way as to what I want to end up as! :smile: I have what I would call a medium frame, if not small - I just wouldn't know for sure bc I've been overweight practically my whole life.

How would you go about deciding how "large" your frame is??
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am between 6'0" and 6'1" my goal is between 185-190
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a large bone structure. My goal weight was 180 and I honestly would have been fine to stay there when I reached it (I had a healthy body fat % and everything), but I haven't quite gotten the hang of the whole "maintenance" thing and am currently 168.6. I am ok with that as I am fit and healthy, but I definitely don't want to get much (or any) thinner.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html

Keep in mind, though, that if you are still very overweight, this might show you as having a larger frame than you really do. Your wrist will shrink a bit along with fat. Mine was 7.25 when I started, now at a healthy weight it's 6.75" - still large frame, but that .5" could make a difference.
  • trishajo82
    Options

Keep in mind, though, that if you are still very overweight, this might show you as having a larger frame than you really do. Your wrist will shrink a bit along with fat. Mine was 7.25 when I started, now at a healthy weight it's 6.75" - still large frame, but that .5" could make a difference.

Oh wow - mine's 7"! I really don't carry a lot of fat on my wrist area at all, so I doubt with any more of my weight loss it will go down significantly. Interesting! Guess I am "big boned" after all! LOL
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

Oh wow - mine's 7"! I really don't carry a lot of fat on my wrist area at all, so I doubt with any more of my weight loss it will go down significantly. Interesting! Guess I am "big boned" after all! LOL

Mine is around 7" too!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'0"

SW: 273 (2008)
    245 (2011)-started MFP

CW: 179

1st goal: 173 (100 pounds!!!)

Final goal: 160-165 (I'm thinking of aiming for the lower goal so that I have room to play)
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 150; though I worry that my goal is too low.

have you ever been that weight as an adult? if you have and it fits your frame... then you should be fine :wink: but for example... i have never been anything less than 175 at this height (and that was when i was ripped and a super athlete in HS :tongue: lol) so i am shooting for 190 now, and if i get there and feel like i can healthily (not a word..) get lower, then maybe i will. but my goal is 190 for now :bigsmile:

I've never weighed less that 178 in my adult life, and that was after a year of hard work getting down from my high weight: 270. I still felt doughy, though. I guess I'll aim for 150, but reassess along the way.
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    My goal is 199. I would be happy with anything from 190-210. I am 6'0" tall, large framed, and very curvy, so I think it would be hard for me to get much smaller than that.
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0' and about to turn 45 years old. My goal weight is 180-190. I look AMAZING at 190. LOL! If I get to 180 and decide to go lower, well, I'll rethink it then.
  • Debadoo2018
    Debadoo2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my ultimate goal weight range is 150-155. That is the weight range that I had maintained for years - pretty much from mid-20s to all my 30s, and felt best at. Over the past few years, I have slowly gained weight steadily, and am now at 183. I went up 2 pant sizes; a bra size; everything is tight. Clothes that I used to put away because they were "too baggy and made me look fat" are now the only clothes that fit me - and are even tight! Time to take control again. I'm not blaming my fiance, but....I met him 6 years ago and my weight has steadily climbed since then. Haha.
  • trishajo82
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my ultimate goal weight range is 150-155. That is the weight range that I had maintained for years - pretty much from mid-20s to all my 30s, and felt best at. Over the past few years, I have slowly gained weight steadily, and am now at 183. I went up 2 pant sizes; a bra size; everything is tight. Clothes that I used to put away because they were "too baggy and made me look fat" are now the only clothes that fit me - and are even tight! Time to take control again. I'm not blaming my fiance, but....I met him 6 years ago and my weight has steadily climbed since then. Haha.

I've gained 85 lbs or so since meeting my fiance 3 yrs ago!! He eats like a pig, has the metabolism of a Chihuahua and it's continually a point of contention for me due to his bad eating habits! So I totally FEEL ya girl!!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm 6'1" and I would just like to get under 200 :o) BUT I have an 'ultimate goal weight' of 189 (Healthy BMI range). I also have a large frame, big boobies, large ribcage. Anything much under 190 and I would start to get bony.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2" and currently weigh 205. My goal is to be 190
    You look incredible in your avatar. Just needed to say it. x
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    5'9 160 it's a battle though.
  • Debadoo2018
    Debadoo2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    agree - Jamie you look great in your profile pic!
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    My goal weight would be around 180. I haven't been that size in over 6 years. My starting weight was 235 and now I am 199.7. So excited I am under 200 lbs. Still have alot to go. I need to start toning but it is hard when you have no support at home. If I make it to 180 and felt like I needed to lose more than I would probably try. Can't even remember when I weighed that much. I am so glad that there are other BIG WOMEN just like me and going through some of the same problems.

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools