Introductions!

Options

Replies

• nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Amber and i'm always on the lookout for a good book but lately haven't really found any that caught my eye so looking forward to seeing what you all are enjoying.

Amber

Well if you need some help--I'm taking readers' advisory course and that is what we focus on. Finding a book for you! So let me know if you want some help in finding one :smile:
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Well if you need some help--I'm taking readers' advisory course and that is what we focus on. Finding a book for you! So let me know if you want some help in finding one :smile:

i would love some help! That would be awesome. How does this work? :laugh:

Amber
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :flowerforyou: I'm Kim. I learned to read when I was 3, and I haven't put books down since. :tongue:

I'm currently re-reading the Dresden Files series...I'm about 1/4 into "Turn Coat" right now.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options

i would love some help! That would be awesome. How does this work? :laugh:

Amber

I sent you a friend request, might be easier that way. :smile:
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :flowerforyou: I'm Kim. I learned to read when I was 3, and I haven't put books down since. :tongue:

I'm currently re-reading the Dresden Files series...I'm about 1/4 into "Turn Coat" right now.

I love that series, I just finished reading the new one "Ghost Story." It had been a while since I read the whole series, but I was eager to read the new book so now I'll go back and re-read the rest.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

Everyone I know loves the Dresden series! I can't wait til I'm done w/ the Game of Thrones series so I can finally get around to reading it!
  • KimmyEB
    Options

I love that series, I just finished reading the new one "Ghost Story." It had been a while since I read the whole series, but I was eager to read the new book so now I'll go back and re-read the rest.

It's my absolute favorite (well, sorta tied with Harry Potter, haha). What did you think of Ghost Story? I liked it okay, but it was one of my least favorites in the whole series. I'm interested in the turn the story is taking, though. :tongue:

Arsie--you will love the Dresden Files! I don't recommend the show, though, haha. It only made 1 season, and since I'm such a devout Dresden fan, I bought it, just to see how it is...it's terrible.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options

It's my absolute favorite (well, sorta tied with Harry Potter, haha). What did you think of Ghost Story? I liked it okay, but it was one of my least favorites in the whole series. I'm interested in the turn the story is taking, though. :tongue:

Arsie--you will love the Dresden Files! I don't recommend the show, though, haha. It only made 1 season, and since I'm such a devout Dresden fan, I bought it, just to see how it is...it's terrible.

I'm with you, Ghost Story was ok. It was a bit dull compared with the rest of them, but was still good. I think its purpose might be to set up a whole new direction for the series to take.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

yeah I learned my lesson after reading the books that were turned into the True Blood series.... love the books! Watched 1 episode of the series and hated it lol! I do want to check out the Game of Thrones tv series when it comes out on DVD tho.... hopefully they did it well!
  • KimmyEB
    Options

I'm with you, Ghost Story was ok. It was a bit dull compared with the rest of them, but was still good. I think its purpose might be to set up a whole new direction for the series to take.

That's what I'm thinking, too. I admit, the end kinda confused me...since I'm now halfway through Turn Coat, I think I'm gonna read Ghost Story after I finish Turn Coat and Changes, so I can "brush up" on it and maybe now understand the ending of Ghost Story a little better.

Arsie--I've never read the books that True Blood is based off of, and I've never watched True Blood, but I've heard great things about both! I don't think I'd ever watch the show, though...but if the series is worth reading, I'd definitely check those out. :smile:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

That's what I'm thinking, too. I admit, the end kinda confused me...since I'm now halfway through Turn Coat, I think I'm gonna read Ghost Story after I finish Turn Coat and Changes, so I can "brush up" on it and maybe now understand the ending of Ghost Story a little better.

Arsie--I've never read the books that True Blood is based off of, and I've never watched True Blood, but I've heard great things about both! I don't think I'd ever watch the show, though...but if the series is worth reading, I'd definitely check those out. :smile:

The books are the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris - I loved the books!!! I think the TV series would be good if you didn't read the books first lol but the actors/actresses didn't fit the way I had them pictured at all and it really bothered me lol
  • Kaytee233
    Kaytee233 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Obviously I LOVE reading too! I'm always open for suggestions! Believe it or not I'm kinda out of good books to read! I'm a sucker for teen romance novels! Ha! Let me know if you have any suggestions!
  • KimmyEB
    Options

The books are the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris - I loved the books!!! I think the TV series would be good if you didn't read the books first lol but the actors/actresses didn't fit the way I had them pictured at all and it really bothered me lol

Sounds like the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind. Have you read those? Or have you watched the show "Legend of the Seeker" I think it's called? That show was supposed to be based off of Goodkind's series...more like...they took the names of the major characters, and how they're supposed to look...and that's it, lol. I only watched the first episode, and only about 3 or 4 minutes of that, and already hated it. I would still check out the plots of the episodes online, and just wondered why Goodkind would sell-out his series like that. Then again, I'm not surprised.
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    Hello everyone! Obviously I LOVE reading too! I'm always open for suggestions! Believe it or not I'm kinda out of good books to read! I'm a sucker for teen romance novels! Ha! Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Have you read The Last Vampire series, by Christopher Pike? They re-did the covers and titles...they're called the Thirst series now. They're really good. I especially enjoy the original 6 Last Vampire books, which are now the Thirst books #1 and #2. :smile:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm Justine and am currently reading... well... nothing, which is sad. I am currently trying to write two books, though, which is quite a pain in my behind. :p
    I usually go for sci-fi/fantasy, but recently haven't been able to get into the fantasy frame of mind. :(
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You can call me AJ. I'm currently reading some crappy YA novel called "Wings." It's a good beach read, even if I don't have a beach. :laugh:

I read almost everything, but I don't typically enjoy crime dramas and I don't read much non-fiction. There are a few in those genres that I have enjoyed though. I guess I don't read *everything* now that I think of it, because I don't read romance at all. Other than that, anything's fair game.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Kate and just thought to look for a book lover's group because my husband and I are finally organizing our books (following a move a year ago :noway: )... and arguing about which section books belong in. :laugh:

We're pretty diverse in our choice of reading material.
  • williamsonday
    williamsonday Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Call me Ishmael. No, seriously, I go by Bill. I tend to read a lot of history these days, and when I am not reading history, I am often reading historical fiction. I enjoy novels from just about any period, but i also read the occasional short story, play, or poem. I don't really have a favorite novelist, but my favorite short story writer is F. Scott Fitzgerald, for plays I like Shakespeare and Shaw, and my favorite poet is W.B. Yeats. At the moment I am reading a series of historical novels/thrillers by Dorothy Dunnett, known as the Legendary Lymond Chronicles. The novels' hero, Francis Crawford of Lymond, the second son of a fictional minor Scottish nobleman, is cutting his way through the web of European court intrigue by virtue of sharp wits and a sharper sword. In Pawn in Frankincense, he seeks to retrieve his infant son, born abroad out of wedlock, from captivity at the hands of a Turkish pirate. No more wildly improbable than any other member of the genre, this series nevertheless draws the reader in with its elaborate description of Europe in the sixteenth century (think Mary Queen of Scots) and the ingenuity of its storytelling. Some might find the density of the author's style a little off-putting at first, but a little patience is quickly rewarded.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Chrissy! I try to read everyday. I don't think I could live in a world without books in it. My dream home consist of a library that rivals the one in Beauty and the Beast. I'm currently reading "Gil's All Fright Diner" by A. Lee Martinez and "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

Sounds like the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind. Have you read those? Or have you watched the show "Legend of the Seeker" I think it's called? That show was supposed to be based off of Goodkind's series...more like...they took the names of the major characters, and how they're supposed to look...and that's it, lol. I only watched the first episode, and only about 3 or 4 minutes of that, and already hated it. I would still check out the plots of the episodes online, and just wondered why Goodkind would sell-out his series like that. Then again, I'm not surprised.

I haven't heard of those! I'll have to check them out... I finally finished book 3 in the Game of Thrones series last night! Now on to book 4 which I'm super stoked is 300 pages less than the last 3 books!