!Daily Check In Here! Week 1: Nov 16-21

Options

Replies

• luvsthebeach
    Options
    Getting ready to do Day 1. Was wondering if there is a way to check the group messages on the app on my phone? I rarely log in online?
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SO....

I actually got up early this morning. And did the Ripped in 30 video. Hooray for me!! My HRM says I burned 321 calories. Not bad for an early morning!!

That's awesome! Also, I'm jealous and inspired! I weighed in at 165.8 this morning, and my HRM only gave me 194 calories for the work out. I have to step it up!
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OK, my official check in:
    Weigh, 165.8lbs, BMI of 26.0
    Waist 33.5
    Hips 40.0
    Right Thigh 24.0
    Left Thigh 24.0
    Right Arm 11.5
    Left Arm 11.5
    Chest 37.0 (hoping this one goes, up, lol. Been hoping that one for years though.)

Woke up a little early to do Week 1 Day 1, but didn't save enough time and was almost late to work. I'll be up a bit earlier tomorrow. Also did a little incline walk at lunchtime on the treadmill, so burn for today so far is about 340. Here we go!

Couple of questions:
    What size dumbbells do you use?
    How often do you track your weight and measurements?
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    SO....

I actually got up early this morning. And did the Ripped in 30 video. Hooray for me!! My HRM says I burned 321 calories. Not bad for an early morning!!

That's awesome! Also, I'm jealous and inspired! I weighed in at 165.8 this morning, and my HRM only gave me 194 calories for the work out. I have to step it up!

Thanks! My HRM also takes into account the state of my body, according to what I read in the instruction manual.... I did Jazzercise class on Monday and my thighs were still sore from some of the leg work...plus I went running last night - Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program...so when I worked out this morning some of it, especially the cardio, was a real struggle. My legs were tired!! And I was sweating pretty good by the end of it.

I saw your other question also: I used 5 pound weights because that's the lowest I had...I had to put them down a time or two. I think I might buy some 2 or 3 pound weights this evening on my way home after Jazzercise.

I weigh unofficially every morning, and officially once a week. And measuring once a month works for me!!
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    D3W1 - 3 days complete!

I just realized that I didnt do any starting measurements so here they are.

height: 5'6"
    jean size: 8
    weight: 153.3 lbs
    bust: 35.5"
    chest: 32"
    waist: 32.5"
    tummy: 38.5"
    hips: 39.5"
    R Thigh: 24.5"
    L Thigh: 23.5"
    R Arm: 11.5"
    L Arm: 11.5"

Lol I love going into great detail with my measurements because my success only somewhat shows up on the scale but is crazy awesome when it comes to the inches :)
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hello RIPPERS!!! :bigsmile:

I have joined you all!!

I just did the workout for the first time and I have to say I rather enjoyed that!!! :happy:

I'm really pleased that I decided to go right into this workout and not have a break.

For me this level seemed quite a bit easier than doing the shred with heavier weights.
    I am using light weights for this level, that is right isn't it?

I still have a horrible cold and feel tired and washed out but I am going to stick at this and I think when I come out the other side I will feel much stronger for pushing through and exercising daily.
    Also it's quite good that this doesn't feel too hard to me at the moment as I'm really not up to a really tough workout, I am dreading those planks that she has warned us about, I really don't want to build my shoulders any more, I need to work more on legs and middle, but I will follow the program and hope that I see some good results over all. :wink:

Must weigh in tomorrow morning again and measure and post start weight and measurements.

Good luck to everyone one!!! :drinker:

It's great to see so many familiar faces here. Look forward to supporting you all in the next month :flowerforyou:
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day one Done!

Even though there are no v raises, I had forgotten from the shred how much I hated the side lunges with arm lifts. At least this time it's only 30 sec chunks, so slightly more bearable. And after doing punches with weights, my arms were flying!!

Need to up the weights a wee bit tomorrow, but after a good swim this morning, not feeling as strong as usual...I'll break this plateau if its the last thing I do!!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Finished D1W1, at first I was thinking this is too easy. I changed my mind after circuit 2 lol. I will agree with others that doing 30DS helped quite a bit, and I am sooooo not happy for the return of side lunges. I actually enjoyed the workout, now if I could just get my digital copy to stop acting up life would be perfect. Glad to see some familiar faces from 30DS, and looking forward to getting to know those of you who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. Lets rock it out!

Starting Measurements following, I'm such a nerd I made a sheet to record my progress on excel. I generally weigh in and take measurements twice a week on Mon and Thurs, it worked for 30DS (lost total of 4.5 pounds and 12.125 inches) let's hope it works for Ripped!

Weight: 165.5
    Waist: 36.75
    Hips: 40.75
    Chest: 38.5
    R Bicep: 11.5
    L Bicep: 11.5
    R Thigh: 23.75
    L Thigh: 23.5
    R Calf: 14.75
    L Calf: 14.875
  • luvsthebeach
    Options
    Completed Week 1 Day 1 this morning. Took measurements this time. I'll have to update my info later; I don't have the paper I wrote them down on in front of me.

Does anyone know who to calculate how many calories are burned. I always kinda guess low when inputting in on the app on my phone .
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Starting today! I will post again with my weight and measurements tomorrow. I cant wait!
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day one: CHECK.

Alright ladies!! Some of us are still at it or in the groove from the 30 day shred challenge and some of us are new to the group and I couldn't be more excited to do this one with all of you! Man was it an actual work out! WOW. I know I'm not that out of shape... I'm honestly just lazy and play all kinds of mind games on myself and if it hurts at all I'll slyly glaze over it or slow down, but I'm going to stick this one through the long haul, oh and WHY IS THE modified version girl SO BUFF??? Is that some kind of hint???

Good luck everyone! This is a great challenge for us all!
  • spaceEF
    Options
    D2W1-2 days complete!

I love this DVD and its only day 2 !

Thank goodness for 30ds before this or else I would be so screwed. I'm glad Jillian has already been kicking my butt for 30 days

Hahahaha, I was just thinking the same thing. If I had started with this DVD instead of 30 day shred I don't think I would have gotten through day one without turning it off!!!
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Day 1 done! Wow, my butt is kicked!!
  • spaceEF
    Options
    Good morning!!

I took my measurements but they're at home, and I'm not...so I'll have to post them later. I do know my weight was 159.4 and my BMI is 22.9 according to the weigh-in app that I use on my phone.

I'm very proud of myself today! I am soooo against getting up earlier than absolutely necessary - for anything - ever. I value my sleep. I plan my workouts for after work normally. But I do Jazzercise after work on most days, and have started C25K also which I am doing on Tuesdays and Thursdays after work and on a weekend day (at least that's the plan). But, I really wanted to do this Ripped in 30 as well. I wasn't willing to give up Jazzercise more nights, since I already gave up two for the running. Didn't wanna give up my running now that I'm going again - it's kind of a dream of mine to be able to run. And I knew that to think I was going to go home and complete a video every evening of the week after already doing another workout of some sort was just unrealistic...and what about dinner, and the errands, and whatever else may come up along the way, you know? Plus, what about just being able to relax once in a while?!

SO....

WOW that is a great burn, for any time of day for just 30 minutes! WAY TO GO! I'm still waiting for the early morning work out challenge. I can't get up early to save my life, let alone to work out! PSH!
  • spaceEF
    Options
    Hello RIPPERS!!! :bigsmile:

I have joined you all!!

I just did the workout for the first time and I have to say I rather enjoyed that!!! :happy:

I'm really pleased that I decided to go right into this workout and not have a break.

For me this level seemed quite a bit easier than doing the shred with heavier weights.
    I am using light weights for this level, that is right isn't it?

I still have a horrible cold and feel tired and washed out but I am going to stick at this and I think when I come out the other side I will feel much stronger for pushing through and exercising daily.
    Also it's quite good that this doesn't feel too hard to me at the moment as I'm really not up to a really tough workout, I am dreading those planks that she has warned us about, I really don't want to build my shoulders any more, I need to work more on legs and middle, but I will follow the program and hope that I see some good results over all. :wink:

Must weigh in tomorrow morning again and measure and post start weight and measurements.

Good luck to everyone one!!! :drinker:

It's great to see so many familiar faces here. Look forward to supporting you all in the next month :flowerforyou:

HA! Glad to see you made it!! Didn't want to break the good cycle, am I right??? I'm here too and will finish up my last two days of the shred just for good confidence measure in myself :) Thanks so much for your push! I definitely needed it. PSH because who wants to accept defeat!??! And I'm sure Jillian will succeed in kicking our behinds some more, I mean look at her girls in this one, ridiculous!!!
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 Week 1! I really didn't feel like doing it but sucked it up and got it done and now I feel great :) Will post measurements and such tomorrow! I used 5lb weights for all of the moves except in the 3rd circuit 1st two moves... I had to use 3 lbs. Also had to do modified push-ups and modified side plank crunch things in the abs part of the second circuit. I would love for one day to be able to do some real push-ups instead of being on my knees! Excited to continue and hopefully see results... I love Jillian!
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I start Day 6 of Week 1 Tomorrow and so far I am loving it, it's hard but fun. I did not do 30DS before this one, i actually tried that one a year or so ago and it was too hard so i gave it away :( lol but I've been doing Taebo so I'm not totally out of shape, though I still have a long way to go to be in shape but so loving this workout!
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Hello all!

Ok, so I am a little ahead of everyone else. I just did W2D2. I love it!!! I especially like the squat with leg lift...feels pretty awesome! Someone mentioned the side lunge with arm raise...yep, not one of my favorite either...

These are my measurements of when I started Ripped. I previously did 30DS and it was very helpful...
    With 30DS I actually gainged 2.5lbs during the 1st 2 weeks so I think Ripped will give me better results :happy:

Week # 1
    Weight: 182
    Neck 14
    Chest 40
    Bicep R 12
    Bicep L 12
    Under Bust 35
    Waist 38.25
    Hips 43
    Thigh R 21.25
    Thigh L 21.25
    Calf R 14
    Calf L 14
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Hello!

I'm home and have my measurements in front of me now!

Chest - 35"
    Waist - 31"
    Belly Button - 35.75"
    3" Below Belly Button - 38.5"
    Butt/Hips - 42.25"
    Under Butt (Around Saddle Bag Area") - 40.25"
    Thighs - 20.75" each
    Upper Arms - 12" each
    Calf L - 14.25"
    Calf R - 14.5"

And just to keep it all together, my weight this morning was 159.4 which is 22.9 BMI.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D1- whoa! Intense workout. I must say i'm proud of myself. I kept up with the fast pace (even those damn fast leg things, "like football players do." They get PAID to do those and there's a reason! :wink: ) My body is like jelly but it feels great! I can see this isn't gonig to be easy or fun but I can't wait to see the results if I feel like this on day one!