Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    And now - the Ravenclaw results for Week 2:
    DefiningRaquel lost 1.69% - Fantastic loss, Raquel!!
    Korkster earned 20 OWLs - Good job!!
    Congratulations to this week's Prefects! Raquel, please email an idea for next week's exercise challenge by Thursday and Korki, please send a food challenge.

Me? Really?? Wow I'm both excited and nervous. I have some ideas... just need to think about it some. Yay!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    congrats to definingraquel and korkster for great work!!
    also korkster-i think your packing an extra meal is a great plan. on days when i am working extra late, i do the same. otherwise i end up eating too much to late in the day.

desj-low sodium high protein...i get chicken breast tenderloins and put favorite spices on then brown them on both sides in a small pan. then i add water and simmer covered until done (about 15-20min). i either eat them then or pack cold for lunch the next day. low cal, low sodium, high protein and fast to prepare.

welcome to our newest housemate addyfit!! :flowerforyou:

have a great evening everyone!! :bigsmile:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello my wonderful Ravenclaws. What a day!! I'm glad to be able to slow down for a minute to say "hi". Doesn't look like I'll have time for exercise tonight - hope my dinner is within bounds (hubby's cooking and ya never know :laugh: ) I've been doing really good with my food challenge this week though - maybe it will stick with me this time!

Well - off to eat dinner and get some homework in. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Well, my two days off are over. It rained most of the day but was still able to get some walking in. The vet gave me a Gentle Lead for Peanut so that I can take him to the bike trail with me. He doesn't like it but we are persistant and hopefully, soon he will be able to join me on the trail.

Anxious to weigh in this week ....any progress is progress

Pam
  • korkster
    Options
    The night snacks worked! Finally got my calories in AND finished before 9pm. YAY!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my weigh in is late again - but I'm still maintaining at 140.8lb.

My apologies I haven't been a very good Ravenclaw lately and haven't been around to participate and lend my support. I've finished my exams for the year now so I should be ok, but I've just come down with a bad cold so I'll probably be inactive for a few more days. Hoping to be back logging my calories and posting by next week.

Hope you're all doing well :smile:

It's tough, especially when you have things like exams and a cold to deal with, but we're happy to see you again. :) Good luck getting rid of your cold soon!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws

I'm hoping you will accept me in your Ravenclaw group. I just joined MFP yesterday so this a perfect way for me to stay motivated. Look I already earned 1 House Spirit OWL, 1 Food OWL and 1 Exercise OWL ...Woo Hoo!

Starting Weight: 235 lbs = no weight lost - I will weight in next Monday morning before breakfast and post my results here!

Welcome, Addeyfit!!

And on a separate note, thank you for the holiday tips post, Gwen!
  • psb13
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw and happy thursday...almost the weekend!! i'm doing well so far this week with both my food (stay below sodium limit) and exercise (30min daily) challenges...haven't' missed and OWL yet. life is getting busy and stressful as it sounds like it is for everyone.

to our college students-hang in there holiday break will soon be here-stay healthy!!

hope everyone has a great day!! :bigsmile:
  • Addeyfit
    Options
    Good Morning Housemates!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome - I love having a place to check-in to in the mornings - it's great to be part of something.

I've been in a binge-y mood these past few days. Last night I just could not get full. I decided to have some chips and salsa and that seemed to tide me over. I was still within a 500 calorie deficit so that is not so bad (I'm aiming for a 1000 calorie deficit). All I know is that it was not dessert foods (cakes, muffins etc) which I have been trying to stay away from. So I'm going to call that a "mini-success".

At any rate, I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and good luck to all with whatever goals you may have!
    Addey
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I read this weeks challenges, and I think It would not be fair for me to put my goals down this week. Sorry. But, so i don't end up with a zero for at least excercise, I am doing a challenge for 600 Burpees in November. that works out to 20 a day. I have been doing that. Can I count those? Or should I just start with today's and count going forward? I will my fellow housemates decide what would be fair.

Thanks,
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Finished a paper last night which means time for exercise tonight!!!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome Addeyfit!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I read this weeks challenges, and I think It would not be fair for me to put my goals down this week. Sorry. But, so i don't end up with a zero for at least excercise, I am doing a challenge for 600 Burpees in November. that works out to 20 a day. I have been doing that. Can I count those? Or should I just start with today's and count going forward? I will my fellow housemates decide what would be fair.

Thanks,
    Sundancer - that is fine to use your burpees as your exercise goal. The OWLs we earn in-house are optional anyway - they just help determine Prefects and keep things interesting. The important pieces are your weekly weigh-in and exercise minutes - those are reported as a house average for the inter-house competition with the other houses. We're just glad to see you here! :flowerforyou:

Hope all of you Ravenclaws are having a fabulous day!! :bigsmile:
  • korkster
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!

Boy I can't wait for Christmas!

Based on the night snacks from last night, I will implement them again tonight for my four hour class. Man, that's painful.

This weekend I'm participating in a city-wide emergency response drill, come rain or shine. Should be a full day of running around with a 50-pound backpack on. Can't wait!

Which reminds me... my friend suggested getting an exercise bug to count calories for me for those "different" exercises. I know there's lots out there... any suggestions on ones you guys like?

Thanks! ::bigsmile::
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Ugg- I'm a sucky Ravenclaw lately- sorry :(

Today's Stats (Wednesday/Thursday)
    Food (no snacking between 3-5): +2
    Exercise (60 minutes): 0 (kick me in the a**- go ahead I give you permission)
    Spirit: +1
    House Points: 282

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 12
    House Points: 282
  • psb13
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY RAVENCLAW!!! i've been doing ok so far this week but i hopped on for a quick peek at the scales this morning and not happy!! i'm trying different workouts as i haven't been burning well lately and i think my workouts just aren't doing it for me. looking for suggestions for new workouts. i also have my first girlfriend night out in months...dinner and possibly a drink. hopefully i can get a workout in after work before we go. i've never been to this restaurant before...website looks like it could be dangerous...yummy sandwiches and appetizers (bar fare type stuff). hope everyone has a great day heading into a great weekend!!
  • Addeyfit
    Options
    Happy Friday Ravenclaw!

I have a busy weekend coming up. The boys are having friends over so there will be junk food - need to watch myself there. I'm going to try AquaFitness tomorrow morning though. They have classes at my gym. I used to do it a long time ago and I loved it. It will be something different.

psb13 - What kind of workouts have you done? Have you tried circuit training of any type? I used to do Curves (before my husband got a family membership at our gym). It was great and revved up my system. I've read a few different times that it is the best type of exercise when you have reached a plateau. You may be able to Google a circuit workout that you can do at home.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'm going to try my best to check in, its going to be busy so if I'm here, I won't be here for long :o(

All the best!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I think I might have kicked the snacking between 3 and 5 habit (thank you food goal this week). Still need to get more exercise in though- just need a kick in the a**

Today's Stats (Friday)
    Food (no snacking between 3-5): +1
    Exercise (60 minutes): +1
    Spirit: +1
    House Points: 63

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 15
    House Points: 345
    weight: 127
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome Addeyfit!

I did something last night I have not done in since I joined MFP and I started calorie counting. I went WAYYYY over my calories. I went to a potluck with 895 calories - ususally potlucks are not veggie friendly, this one was, it was small but I ate. I enjoyed. I even ate 1 1/2 cupcakes - they were homemade and worth it. Boy, was I full, I was full when I woke up this morning.

This is making me nervous for Thanksgiving if I can crack like that last night, what damage am I going to do next week. I have to tell myself that we have a plan and to stick to it.

Thank you Sue for letting me count my Burpees!

Hope everyone is doing well,
    Barb