!Daily Check In Here! Week 1: Nov 16-21

Options

Replies

• elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Week one day three done!!

I'll be back tomorrow, and then will rest on Sunday :)
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! day 2 week 1 done! Military march is my favorite!! LOL!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    MAN! Day 2, wk1-aka level one? DONE! I was wondering today why my bum and hamstrings were so sore. And then I did my work out and said oooooooh because we're doing side lunges again. Gets me every time! Even though I'm literally dripping sweat with this work out, it goes by pretty quickly....so far. Is anyone else nervous as to why the modified girl moves just like a robot?!?! She is something else I tell ya. I hope I can handle how hard the next weeks are going to be!!! hahaha

The bum and hamstrings are those damn deadlifts and good mornings. I'm bathed in Icy Hot right now. Mine are tight to begin with.
    LOL on the modified girl! She is serious. Day 3 here I come.....
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    W1D4 - done!! Totally loving this workout!

Gonna try to squeeze in Yoga melt down tonight also.

Not sure how tomorrow is going to work, we are having a Thanksgiving, I plan on going to Zumba in the morning, kinda afraid to do RI30 before Zumba, I might not make it! :bigsmile: But if I don't get it in before... I might not have time later....

Has anyone done the workout and then gone straight into an hour of cardio? I just don't know if I am that bad *kitten* yet. lol! ( I bet modified girl could do it)
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    W1D3 done!!! Feeling pretty good! I'm gonna see how my day goes & maybe do Yoga meltdown this eveing. Love the stretch.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    D2 W1 Done! I don't feel to bad, just dripping in sweat. Its so gross when I actually have a small puddle of sweat on the mat. LOL
    No workout tomorrow zumba in the morning and then a rest day. I will be back at it on Sunday.
  • Velks39
    Velks39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Just finished Day 6 of Ripped in 30! Sorry I didn't make the starting date, but found this group after I had started!
    So far I totally love the workout! It is just so amazing how great I feel after I get done and the energy I have thru the day is wonderful! I am heading toward the BIG 40 at the beginning of the new year, so this is a huge goal of mine! So I started with the 30 Day Shred, and now am doing this dvd!

I actually did some cardio intervals on the treadmill after Day 5 and Day 6 of the RI30.

Now my biggest goal is getting a workout schedule planned for next week with the holiday coming. We will have a house full for about 4 days, so I am just trying to schedule my workouts in when I can, and making Thanksgiving my rest day.

Keep up the great work and have a wonderful TGIF!!!
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Good morning!!

I finished D3 of W1 today. I modified the lunge moves so that I'm pulsing them instead of going completely out of them each time, and doing one side at a time. I think I might have held back a bit more on the running man and butt kick moves also. Those two seem the hardest to me...probably because I've also just started running, and so my legs are tired from that as well. My shins have been bothering me too. I got up this morning thinking they felt pretty good - until the running man came along! :grumble:

Anyway, I burned 298 calories this AM. I do like getting in some exercise in the morning, because I think it helps my metabolism get moving faster throughout the day. Then I do another workout in the evenings after work too. Last night was running. Tonight will be Jazzercise! I think I may keep it low impact tho, to take it easy on my shins.

I find my mindset is different lately. Like, normally, getting up early is something I dislike and won't do, even with the best of intentions. But this time it's not even an argument I'm having with myself. Like, I've just accepted it and am therefore simply doing it, and not having to talk myself into it. Not sure if that makes any sense to anyone but me!!

Have a wonderful day!

:flowerforyou:
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    D3W1 done, followed up by 40 minutes of cardio kick boxing. My shoulders hate me. Taking a rest day tomorrow, well kind of at least. Working a craft fair all day and then roller derby practice in the evening for 2 hours, don't think I'll have the time or the energy to squeeze one in.

Question: It's recommended we take 1 rest day for each level, does that mean 4 rest days are counted into the 30 days? Just curious how that works.
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Phew - W1D3 done. It really is more challenging than the Shred, my hammies are aching so much I'm going to have to do a power of yoga to stretch them out again..tight, tight, tight!

Never mind JM being a drill sargeant - she's just a mean old bully! I don;t know what I would do if someone stood on my tummy when I was doing hollow man - and I'm sure the courts would back me up. Mind you, its good to see some new "best girls" - ones that don't cheat and actually look like they are giving it their all...gives you a wee bit more motivation to do the same.

I'll need to go have an ice olly and towel down!!
  • melmarie4
    Options
    just did my first day at level 1. i'm liking it more than 30 day shred so far. seems like there's more of a variety and i like how there's a level for each week so you only have to do each level for 5-7 days instead of having to do it 10 days in a row(gets a little boring). i also like how the cool down is a little longer so you can stretch out your muscles better. hope i can stick with this one all 4 weeks and lose some inches! good luck everyone!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me....see you all back here Saturday for Ripped x 2 -- lord help me, lol

Great job everybody!
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 --- DONE :)

My legs are def sore but it's a good sore!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    W1D2 - check!! Being extra careful with my knees (doing baby squats). Not as much sweat but I worked my arms extra hard (heavier weights) to offset babying my knees.

Note - just put ICE on my right knee :*( I have a calcified tumor which feels like two bones rubbing together. Not fun but all they can do is shave it down. Not gonna happen LOL. Hope this helps. Tylenol to follow.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just did day 3 and I brought it. I used 5 lb weights the whole time and did the advanced version for all except pushups, of which I did 15 real pushups. I am tired out!

I took a few ideas from the meal plan but mostly am just concerned about my calories and am doing that MFP style. Jillian's a big fan of expensive and hard to find ingredients. Her recipes aren't terribly complicated but still often require more time than I have. I like her snack ideas and most of the breakfasts and lunches but forget the dinners. I do need to get more diligent about my food though.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Whew! Day 2 done!

I gotta tell you... I hate the "fast feet". I do them and all my fat jiggles everywhere! Horrifying.

My muscles ache but its the good ache.

Have you looked at the "easy version" girls legs?!?! They are solid rippling muscle! Well, so are her abs... but whoa!

Jillian seems to look different in this one. Maybe its her make up.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me....see you all back here Saturday for Ripped x 2 -- lord help me, lol

Great job everybody!

So are we going to make up rest days? Is it 30 days of working out for the program? Or just 30 days including rest days?? I wondered about that and then now I see you doing two work outs :P so I had to ask!!
  • spaceEF
    Options
    ALRIGHT!! Wk1 day 3 done! And I can't believe how fast i'm improving because I could do the running man the right way today and didn't stop either. For some reason those are the HARDEST moves in the work out for me! Does that make sense??? LOL I'm looking forward to pushing myself with this DVD. It's definitely harder than anticipated and I get a little mad at Jillian if one 30 second move seems too long, HAHA. But if I don't push myself harder I won't see results, right??!!
  • spaceEF
    Options
    Does anyone have tips on getting yourself to work out in the morning?? I feel like I'm at a plateau already for losing weight and I feel if I can get a work out in in the morning and again at night I can push through the block. Any ideas??
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Workout four done
    (W1D4)

Rest day tomorrow - see you Monday!