Introductions!

Options

Replies

• rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Rebekah and I am a readaholic! My husband has given up trying to have a conversation with me when I have a book in my hand because I won't hear a single thing he says. Depending on my mood, I will read anything and everything. I just finished a book by Thomas Sniegoski called The Fallen 1. There are two more books and I can't wait to get to the library to start the next one. Unfortunately, that means I don't currently have anything to read at the moment and it's already driving me crazy.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My husband has given up trying to have a conversation with me when I have a book in my hand because I won't hear a single thing he says.

So glad I am not the only one this happens to! He can't seem to understand that when I am reading, I am there in that book. Nothing he says or anything that is said on the radio do I understand. My mind completely tunes it all out!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm cindy and I LOVE to read. Have been an avid reader ever since I learned to read. I even read labels when I'm sitting at a restaurant and bored. If it has words, I will at least try to read it. My fave authors are Patricia Cornwell, Dean Koontz, John Sanford and Christopher Paolini. I live fantasy, not sci fi, suspense, romance, historical romance, some biographies. If it sounds interesting to me then there is a good chance that if given the opportunity I will pick it up and read it.
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm Anne - loving this group! I've read your intros and will be picking up some of the books you've mentioned :)

Will read anything and everything, currently reading young adult fantasy - The Golden Acorn.

Favorite Author - Stephen King.

Generally read faster than others so hard to join a book club or something of that sort - I cant stop once I start!
  • JennyLJones
    JennyLJones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jenny and I'm lovin this group already! I LOVE to read. I usually have an audio book going as well as something either on my phone/computer or traditional book. I do try to limit it to two book and I try to keep the genres diff so I don't confuse. I love romance, and chick lit! I love suspense and westerns. I love pretty much anything but thrillers. I'm not that big into those. I also like a good personal development book. I just started reading those this year. I've been counting my books i've read since Jan 1. and I'm on like book 106. Oh wait, just finished one. Make it 107! I love a good long series. I'm looking forward to getting tons of suggestions from this group! Feel free to add me as a friend! I could use some motivation too!
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am Peggy and at 3 years old I picked up **** and Jane and haven't stopped the joy of reading yet. I'm currently reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, and several other books. My day never ends without me reading before I can peacefully go to sleep.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Heather and a book nerd! I actually run a bookclub called NOA in Minneapolis. NOA stands for Not Oprah Approved! I started it after every book club I'd join would eventually start reading only books that you could find on Oprah's list. It drove me nuts!

I love fiction, sci-fi, thrillers, some chick-lit, dirty memoirs. I just finished "Before I Go To Sleep" by S.J. Watson. It was pretty good. Reminded me of the movie Memento
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Heather and a book nerd! I actually run a bookclub called NOA in Minneapolis. NOA stands for Not Oprah Approved! I started it after every book club I'd join would eventually start reading only books that you could find on Oprah's list. It drove me nuts!

I love fiction, sci-fi, thrillers, some chick-lit, dirty memoirs. I just finished "Before I Go To Sleep" by S.J. Watson. It was pretty good. Reminded me of the movie Memento

I LOVE Memento...will definitely have to check out "Before I Go to Sleep!"
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Didn't know I couldn't write ****. That's so funny because million of children's introduction to reading was **** and Jane readers.:laugh:
  • Dezlyn67
    Dezlyn67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Des and have been reading for as long as I can remember. I am currently reading 2 books: City Infernal by Edward Lee and The Vampire Queen's Servant by Joey W. Hill.
  • mrsbaileybrown
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Porsche. I usually read two books a week. I'm recently married and use books as away to escape life. With Lora leigh, brenda Jackson, or Loral K. Hamilton I can always pretend to be someone else for a few hours.:happy:
  • enmajors1
    Options
    Hello! My name is Emily and I have been struggling to lose weight for nearly 4 years. I joined MFP on the advise of a freind who successfully lost 40 lbs using this site and has kep her weight loss goals for nearly 3 years! I would love to make some new friends and talk books, exercise and healty living!

I am reading two books right now, The Hunger Games and Steve Jobs. I have to say that I am really impressed with The Hunger Games which exists in a genre I rarely visit. The Steve Jobs biolgraphy is a fascinating read into the mind of one of the most innovative people in history. After I finish these two books I am starting on a Carl Hiason book called Scat - love his books.
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Hello everyone. I also love reading...wierd I know. My love of reading really started around the age of 14. I was grounded the whole summer for running away from home. So I read a lot that summer. I remember Sweet Valley High Twins mostly. I work in security, so when I'm not watching a camera or posted somewhere, I'm reading. Then I also love listening to books on cd on the way to work. But I'm pretty fussy about the books on cd, if they don't have a good voice, it's a no-go.

I keep track of all the books I've read or want to read on my B&N library account. Just finished Backseat Saints by: Joshiyn Jackson and The Sweetest Thing by: Elizabeth Musser. Both were very good.
  • enmajors1
    Options
    I'm Justine and am currently reading... well... nothing, which is sad. I am currently trying to write two books, though, which is quite a pain in my behind. :p
    I usually go for sci-fi/fantasy, but recently haven't been able to get into the fantasy frame of mind. :(

I am writing a book as well! I started last summer and am just now getting to the climax. I guess I thought once I sat down and started writing, the words would just ooze out if me. Boy was I wrong!
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Im not new to MFP but new to the boards and such. I've been using the app for awhile but need some motivation real bad so here I am. Currently reading a werewolf romance on my iPhone I got for free (go iBooks) and Gena Showalter. My faves are anything my Sherrilyn Kenyon, Tess Gerritson. Pretty much paranormal romance and fantasy but I love trying new genres so please feel free to share.
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Porsche. I usually read two books a week. I'm recently married and use books as away to escape life. With Lora leigh, brenda Jackson, or Loral K. Hamilton I can always pretend to be someone else for a few hours.:happy:

I escape that way too. Nice to meet you!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Amy, but most call me Dot.

I love, love, LOVE to read!! I'm mostly into fantasy/urban fantasy, but I'll read just about everything (fiction, I'm not really a non-fiction girl, but if something is really good, I'm down.) I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction, but I do read some.

I'm currently reading Soulless--it's a vampire book set in Victorian times and A Red Herring Without Mustard. Usually, I read series: Dresden, Anita Blake, Hallows, Mercy Thompson, Greywalker, Kushiel's Dart, etc. because I can't stand not knowing what happens to characters after the book is over. :laugh: I'm also a huge Stephen King fan--I own most of his books, but my prized possessions are the hard-bound Dark Towers books that my ex bought me for Christmas several years ago.

I teach middle school language arts, so I do read a ton of YA stuff as well--so I can recommend books to my students.

I'm on Goodreads.com, and I love to get book recs from there as well.

Yay for books!
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I'm also a huge Stephen King fan--I own most of his books, but my prized possessions are the hard-bound Dark Towers books that my ex bought me for Christmas several years ago.

Dot - I am a fellow SK fan! I also have Dark Towers in Hard Cover :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! And have read several times...

I am currently reading Dresdon Files - good, but nothing like DT Series.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Amy and I a major book nerd. I have about 5 boxes of books waiting to be read-everything from Margaret Mitchell to Augusten Burroughs to Stephen King. I have slowed down on getting through those boxes because my boss gave me a Nook recently and I am addicted to it. I always said I would never go the way of the ereader but once I had one I was hooked. I am currently reading Storm of Swords but I just might give up on this series. My absolute favorite book ever is Life of Pi.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    HI im Lorri.. right now Im reading "The Help" and my fav book of all time is "One" by Tabitha king..stephens wife.

I love Lisa Gardner, James Patterson, Lisa scottoline, and Jane Green... so i guess a lot of crime novels with a bit of romace thrown in...