Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol. We like it.
Most of us drink it. We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss. We support each other when we strive to control it. We support each other when we fail to control it.

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

:drinker: Hello all and welcome to the December no judgement zone.

Okay we all know that December is a challenge but we also know that it is a time to celebrate so here's to all my lush friends who successfully walk that line.:drinker:

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I :heart: wine!...and Vodka, beer (dos equis)....:) I have try to have a glass of wine most days of the week
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    oh I definitely belong here! I already feel at home!

now... who needs a drink?!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    December is certainly going to be a challenging month!! I LOVE my wine and beer (Blue Moon mostly)...and my recently discovered love for Cake Vodka (mixed with diet DP) and Sweet Tea Vodka w/ Sprite 0. Oh my..either need to work out twice as hard this month, or try to control my alcohol in take...hmmmmmm...:ohwell:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 4 oz shiraz
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday (my birthday)- about 12 oz cabernet, 1 gin and tonic and 1 chocolate martini for dessert (followed by bday cake....yes I was BAD!)

The PLAN:
    Thursday- 0
    Friday- 0
    Saturday- out with friends for my bday soooo....
    Sunday- pizza with the family for my bday so I'll probably have some wine or a couple beers
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Luvin' this group already!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 5 vodka/sodas
    Wednesday, 4 vodka/sodas & 1 skinny marg

Total: 5

This is not going well this week. Tonight needs to be a zero since this weekend could be very, very lushy :sick:

Friday, wine club night with my drinkin' bff
    Saturday, karoake with daughter for her 18th
    Sunday, dinner out to celebrate her 18th
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    What up my lushies??

0 on Monday
    0 on Tuesday
    1 hard cider on Wednesday
    I'm shooting for 0 tonight, but we're kidless, so that never bodes well. :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Okay we all know that December is a challenge but we also know that it is a time to celebrate so here's to all my lush friends who successfully walk that line.:drinker:

Is that the line you walk when the cops pull you over?
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Thanks Robin!
    New month, fresh start.
    Mon: 0
    Tue: 0
    Wed:0
    No dance class tonight, hide the wine!!!
    animal-emoticon-0064.gifBarbara, who WILL be size 10 one day
    December 2011: 0 drinks M-Th, stay within calories Fri-Sun :drinker:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm confused...why are you listing days and drinks? Are we trying not to drink? I thought we were embracing our inner drunk :drinker:
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a challenge, nothing says Christmas like Baileys, yum. :tongue:

I rarely drink during the week, but love having a few glasses of G&T (or white wine if I've burned an insane amount of cals) over the weekend. Me and hubby are going to a Christmas market this weekend, can't wait! :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Pretty Kitty, I'm just trying not to drink because I have been a little bit too lushy lately. I fully embrace my inner lush!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH too many Lushy threads :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Ah, the trend was broken...
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks
    Wednesday=3 drinks

We went to a friend's house, he just closed on it and he had some wine so I had some, it was a tiny cup and I only poured a little bit each time, and then we went out to eat and I ordered one glass but it seemed generous one, they brought like a tall thin glass bottle and small glass. I logged it at 15 oz. and I think that's fair.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    PrettyKitty, don't you fret! Most (if not all) of us still get our drink on. Some track so that they can "save" their drinks for the weekends or nights out, some are trying to abstain for a bit to jump start a weight loss and some (like me) are trying to curb the drinking during the week--because trying to teach a bunch of middle schoolers with a small hangover sucks. :laugh:
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Not good here
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 2
    Wednesday 4
    Thursday let's just say maybe 1 but know better probably 2
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Agreed!

Had toooo much wine with sushi last night BUT I got a shiny ring for my birthday! I am officially engaged! :heart: I've only told my best friend and now my lushes :smile:

Telling my Gramma tomorrow, who's been waiting for this for years now haha there will be drinks and then we're telling all our other friends Saturday at my birthday dinner and there will be champagne =] I really don't have much weight to lose if any but I would like to lock it up before we get married. Thinking another round of P90X is in the works after the New Year.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    OMG, congrats Kat!! How exciting!!!!!! :happy:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Agreed!

Had toooo much wine with sushi last night BUT I got a shiny ring for my birthday! I am officially engaged! :heart: I've only told my best friend and now my lushes :smile:

Telling my Gramma tomorrow, who's been waiting for this for years now haha there will be drinks and then we're telling all our other friends Saturday at my birthday dinner and there will be champagne =] I really don't have much weight to lose if any but I would like to lock it up before we get married. Thinking another round of P90X is in the works after the New Year.

That's super awesome Girl!!! Congrats!!! Very very exciting!!! :happy:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Agreed!

That's super awesome Girl!!! Congrats!!! Very very exciting!!! :happy:

Thanks love :smile: Don't think it's really set in yet haha but it will once I finally get to celebrate and enjoy it with my boyfriend er fiancé! Definitely going to be tough not saying boyfriend anymore haha.