Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH too many Lushy threads :laugh:

Agreed!

Had toooo much wine with sushi last night BUT I got a shiny ring for my birthday! I am officially engaged! :heart: I've only told my best friend and now my lushes :smile:

Telling my Gramma tomorrow, who's been waiting for this for years now haha there will be drinks and then we're telling all our other friends Saturday at my birthday dinner and there will be champagne =] I really don't have much weight to lose if any but I would like to lock it up before we get married. Thinking another round of P90X is in the works after the New Year.

That's super awesome Girl!!! Congrats!!! Very very exciting!!! :happy:

Thanks love :smile: Don't think it's really set in yet haha but it will once I finally get to celebrate and enjoy it with my boyfriend er fiancé! Definitely going to be tough not saying boyfriend anymore haha.

Fiance is WAY more fun to say.....enjoy!!! This is such a fun time xoxo
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Kat!!! Congrats! :heart:

Harley, is that your new grandbaby as your profile pic? Too cute!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Kat!!! Congrats! :heart:

Harley, is that your new grandbaby as your profile pic? Too cute!

Thanks love, I can't stop looking at my ring! haha I so can't wait for my Gramma's reaction. Kyle and I have been together for 8 years and I think she wanted this to happen 3 years in haha.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Kat! that's so exciting!
  • Kat120285
    Options

Thanks :heart: it is pretty exciting. My best friend who will be my MOH was like " we need to get down to business" haha it's going to be a busy year! or 10 months rather!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kat! How exciting! :drinker:

And anyone that is in fear of being the only one not trying to cut down on their drinking just needs to read my posts!! I'm amazed at the people who go with 0's for days (sometimes weeks) at a time.

I like my nightly glass of wine (or 2) too much.
    Which is also probably why I've gained and lost the same 5 damn pounds for quite some time...lol.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Congrats Kat! How exciting! :drinker:

And anyone that is in fear of being the only one not trying to cut down on their drinking just needs to read my posts!! I'm amazed at the people who go with 0's for days (sometimes weeks) at a time.

I like my nightly glass of wine (or 2) too much.
    Which is also probably why I've gained and lost the same 5 damn pounds for quite some time...lol.

I get into phases where I drink everyday or like now, don't feel like it until the weekend. Minus last night haha. I also notice that when I drink with a hangover, I have to drink twice as much to feel it as if my body is just sucking up all the alcohol. It's strange and now I usually don't drink when hungover because I certainly don't need all those extra calories haha.
  • amysj303
    Options

Thanks :heart: it is pretty exciting. My best friend who will be my MOH was like " we need to get down to business" haha it's going to be a busy year! or 10 months rather!
    Lemme guess, Halloween wedding? That is your anniversary and you love it, am I right?
    Enjoy your engagement, only 10 months to say "fiance" so make everyone sick of hearing it:tongue:
  • Kat120285
    Options

Lemme guess, Halloween wedding? That is your anniversary and you love it, am I right?
    Enjoy your engagement, only 10 months to say "fiance" so make everyone sick of hearing it:tongue:

Hahaha I would love nothing more than to be married on Halloween, however the boyfriend isn't so keen on that idea so instead I like October 13th since it's still in my favorite month and 13 is a neat number around that time and it happens to be on a Saturday =]
  • amysj303
    Options

Hahaha I would love nothing more than to be married on Halloween, however the boyfriend isn't so keen on that idea so instead I like October 13th since it's still in my favorite month and 13 is a neat number around that time and it happens to be on a Saturday =]
    uh-hem, you mean FIANCE isn't keen on that idea:laugh: but Oct. 13 sounds like a good one.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    @Kat congrats :happy: lovely news, in fact I think I'll have a drink to celebrate :drinker:

@prettykitty, never fear, as some of the others have reassured you, we're all inner lushes but sometimes manage that differently at different times. Sometimes I don't drink for weeks at a time, other times I drink pretty much every night, depends on my mood and goals at the time
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hahaha fiancé* I'll still work some Halloween into it, I was thinking of burnt orange and a shade of green for the bridesmaids dresses but I've been thinking about a blush wedding dress and those colors wouldn't go so well with blush haha.

And thanks Yvonne, you having a drink to celebrate my news makes me want to have some wine to do the same! haha
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies. Yes we like to drink but some of try to contol it some of us don't.

I hope we can focus on just this thread this month so we don't get too confused. I am still in pain and the shot of vodka I had about an hour before the vicodin really let me sleep well.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kat!! You'll have to post a pic of the shiny new bauble. :noway:

It's very stressful in the house today. I think we are cleaned out of liquor; but, that doesn't deter us from going out :sad: Where there's a will, there's a way
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Congrats Kat!! You'll have to post a pic of the shiny new bauble. :noway:

It's very stressful in the house today. I think we are cleaned out of liquor; but, that doesn't deter us from going out :sad: Where there's a will, there's a way

Thanks sweetums! I will try, I haven't figured out how to do it other than to make it my profile pic and I still can't seem to change my pic from me and my boy who we had to put down.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kat! its so sweet.

I drank a bottle of white to celebrate for you last night. :blushing:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Kat-good luck with all the planning, so much fun!!! October weddings are my favorite!!!!

Sunday-5 beers
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-5oz of wine
    Thursday-Delicious martini (orange vodka and pomegrante liquor=AWESOME) and 8oz of wine
    Friday-haven't decided yet....depends how my workout goes :happy:

YAY its friday!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow after the gym we are going to pick out a christmas tree and decorate the house. Then a party in the city for a 30th bday.....could be a rough night :tongue:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Kat, here's how to post on MFP

1) I use photobucket, upload the photo there
    2) copy the IMG code under the picture
    3) paste onto MFP
    4) change the capital IMG to lowercase img at the front and end of the code.

Robin, remember the vicodin has tylenol which can be very bad for us lushes who might have pickled livers. I try to avoid it at all costs. Try some ibuprofen alternated with the vics.

Kate, we got our tree last night!!

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 5 vodka/soda drinks
    Wednesday, 5 vodka/soda drinks
    Thursday, 2.5 small margs

^^^this is why I avoid the tylenol

I will try to drink moderately this weekend, I hope
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Kat, my ex and I got married on Halloween, it was so fun! (It had nothing to do with why we're exes...)

Nothing last night...I just wasn't feeling it and I definitely didn't have the cals. :sad: I'm planning on busting my *kitten* today, so drinks are on the menu!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Kim, you are so right with the booze and vicodine if mixed too often!!! On the other hand...in moderation, it can be fun....hmm am I condoning drug abuse, yes yes I am, but be careful Robin, it can do a number on your belly!!!