Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Nice to see my fellow lushes are keeping up! :drinker:

I've actually been pretty good..zero last night..1-2 most nights this week. Been sooooo busy.
    BUT..it's Friday and I'm pretty much done with all my shopping and wrapping.
    I'm thinking the next week will be quite lushy since I'm off and have no alarm going off at 6am!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Going to try to not drink tonight since I have my friend's Christmas party tomorrow night! Lots of drinking will be happening tomorrow night!! Today, I'm giving blood...so drinking would probably be an awful idea...but I've done it before. LOL. Oops :ohwell:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    not sure about tonight since I drank last night:
    Thursday=2 beers, one amber ale and the other a honey brown. Beer tasted good. I have only had two bud lights since November 27 when I started the Jamie Eason plan, I thought I was going to give up beer, but only drink red wine and vodka. Failed on that, but does anyone have any reason why wine/vodka is better than beer. I just heard if you are going to drink you should drink clear spirits and that red wine has some health benefits, so I decided I would try and stick with those, but are they really any "better" than beer?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    If you have the calories to spare, I don't know why beer would be any better or worse for you.
    It's just so caloric compared to many other choices.
    Also has carbs. Vodka doesn't.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    After a night of drinking delicious beers I definitely feel bloated, where if I drink vodka I feel slim.......must be the carbs! BUT I love beer, I just try and limited it to one or days a week....yeah but that doesn't always happen:happy:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • harley_rose
    Options
    not sure about tonight since I drank last night:
    Thursday=2 beers, one amber ale and the other a honey brown. Beer tasted good. I have only had two bud lights since November 27 when I started the Jamie Eason plan, I thought I was going to give up beer, but only drink red wine and vodka. Failed on that, but does anyone have any reason why wine/vodka is better than beer. I just heard if you are going to drink you should drink clear spirits and that red wine has some health benefits, so I decided I would try and stick with those, but are they really any "better" than beer?
    Vodka has less yeast in it.. which will cause bloating
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    been fairly good lately but christmas parties all weekend may not be so good...oh well guess i will just enjoy
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Haven't been bothered to count what I'm drinking lately, not loads but I've had at least 1 drink most nights this week and I'm not bothered about it, I have every intention of relaxing and enjoying the festive period and for me that includes frequent alcohol so I'm just warming up at the moment. :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Oh and just thought I'd share this, seen it before but it still makes me laugh...

Once again this year, I've had requests for my Tequila Christmas Cake recipe so here goes: Please keep in your files as I am beginning to get tired of typing this up every year!

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. Baking powder

1 cup water

1 tsp. Salt

1 cup brown suga
    r
Lemon juice

4 large eggs

Nuts

1 bottle tequila

2 cups dried fruit

Sample the tequila to check quality. Take a large bowl; check the tequila again to be sure it is of the highest quality. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the tequila is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck iin the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the tequila to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the tequila. Now shift the lemon ice strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 s and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the tequila and wipe the counter with the cat !

Cherry Mristmas
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Haven't been bothered to count what I'm drinking lately, not loads but I've had at least 1 drink most nights this week and I'm not bothered about it, I have every intention of relaxing and enjoying the festive period and for me that includes frequent alcohol so I'm just warming up at the moment. :drinker:
    Well if I looked like your picture all dressed up that in that festive dress..I wouldn't worry either! **whistles**
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been holding off the past few nights and am going to let it all go tomorrow night at the Prince concert. Got my raspberry beret already lol as well as my vodka :drinker:
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    homemade wine has given me a baby hangover today.....first one in a loooooong while I'm happy to say
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 5 beers
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 6 wine
    Friday, 0 drinks...workin' girl

Total: 11 drinks
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday-12 oz wine
    Thursday- 0
    Friday- about 20 oz pinot noir and 1 tang and tonic
    Tonight-xmas party and there will be lots of wine and beer :)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, you look fabulous!!

Have fun at the Prince concert!

Lushy week...trying to get grades in. Now I'm on break...and we know what that means... Drunk Dot!!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yvonne is Mommy McHottie...

Dot, try not to fall over...

Getting ready to go to work and it should be a lush-free night. Hope all have fun at their holiday parties. I can't wait to hear the stories.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My daughters house was broken into on Thursday and all the gifts we sent them stolen plus my grandsons wii games and console and DVDs and the play station. Can I say pricks on here? Hope they rot for doing that to an 8 year old.

Anyway, heavy drinking going on here.....
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My daughters house was broken into on Thursday and all the gifts we sent them stolen plus my grandsons wii games and console and DVDs and the play station. Can I say pricks on here? Hope they rot for doing that to an 8 year old.

Anyway, heavy drinking going on here.....

Awwww...that's awful! So sorry to hear...:grumble:

Kinda lushy last night...Captain Morgan 100 proof...several of them....:drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    maintaining a nice steady vodka lushiness. big glass of water between each one. its the holidays right?