Like Minded Lushes December 2011

Options

Replies

• harley_rose
    Options
    Kat!!! Congrats! :heart:

Harley, is that your new grandbaby as your profile pic? Too cute!

Baby is doing good, I love kissing on her all the time..that is Melody Marie Rose as my profile pic for now
  • harley_rose
    Options

double post
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Congrats Kat that is awesome.!!!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Baby is doing good, I love kissing on her all the time..that is Melody Marie Rose as my profile pic for now

She is beautiful CONGRATS!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Lushes, I have a confession to make, I went for lunch in a pub today and for no good reason I didn't drink alcohol, I do believe I should be reported to the lush police as I'm sure that's an offence.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

Congrats on the new arrival!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Lushes, I have a confession to make, I went for lunch in a pub today and for no good reason I didn't drink alcohol, I do believe I should be reported to the lush police as I'm sure that's an offence.

Serious demerit for you, young lady!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    My original plan of no drinks tonight is probably not gonna happen.....its going to be a lushy weekend as usual!!!

Monday- 4 oz shiraz
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- 12 oz cab, gin and tonic, chocolate martini
    Thursday- 0
    Friday- probably some wine and/or beer
    Saturday- drinks and dinner with friends for my bday
    Sunday- pizza and I'm sure wine or beer with the family

At least I got a few zeros in this week!
  • kblue2007
    Options

Serious demerit for you, young lady!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    My original plan of no drinks tonight is probably not gonna happen.....its going to be a lushy weekend as usual!!!

Monday- 4 oz shiraz
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- 12 oz cab, gin and tonic, chocolate martini
    Thursday- 0
    Friday- probably some wine and/or beer
    Saturday- drinks and dinner with friends for my bday
    Sunday- pizza and I'm sure wine or beer with the family

At least I got a few zeros in this week!

Yeah you had a great week....now enjoy your bday :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hello Lushes!!! Having a great night tonight, and enjoying lots of Southern Comfort and Blue Moon beers! Went to my friend's mom's cookbook launch party, and she made Southern Comfort punch....amazingly delicious!!! If anyone wants a copy of her cookbook, let me know!! Honestly, she is the best chef I have ever met. Anything she makes is GOLD! :)

Excellent Friday night. Hope everyone is doing well!!! Happy weekend to all of you wonderful lushes!! :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warnings but I am being good. I only took 2 on tuesday, 2 on wednesday,1 on thursday and 1 on friday. I had to get a new stitch yesterday too. I take Ibruprofen most of the time.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    *spanks Yvonne*

After hubs and I got home from a family dinner at his parents' house (his mom's bday was Thursday and my daughter's was yesterday) we put the girl to bed and then had 2 HUGE vodka/red bulls. I've cutting back enough that I was effed up after that...and then I couldn't sleep. Not hung today though, thanks to being mega-hydrated yesterday...so that's a bonus.

It's snowing today...I'm bummed that we're out of vanilla vodka, or I'd be enjoying it with the chai that I'm drinking.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Oh my...I step away from this thread for a few days and that's when all the news happens!

Congrats Kat! You are a very patient person...8 years...WOW! :drinker:

Harley...your granddaughter is beautiful! How fun to have a baby around that you can spoil and then give back to the parents :laugh:

Robin...Hope your pain is easing :flowerforyou:

Cheers to all the other fellow lushes!

AFM...I still have my lushy tendencies, but I am not setting any goals at this time. I will drink when I am thirsty and stop when I have a sufficient buzz which lately doesn't take much.

Thursday - 2.5 glasses of chardonnay
    Friday - 2 Bloody Marys

I am listening to Christmas music to try to get me in the spirit to decorate, but instead it is just pissing me off :grumble:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks mama lush =] and cheers to the celebratory wine :drinker: we're telling most of our friends tonight at my birthday dinner and there will be lots of champagne :smile:

Thanks Harley =] and wolf, 8 years seems like a long time but we got together when I was 17 so we both had some growing up to do before we could even think of this step.

My favorite was telling my Gramma, think she wanted this to happen 3 years into the relationship haha and she couldn't have been happier :smile: it was nice giving her this gift especially since we are so close, she's been waiting what seems forever and she didn't get to go to my cousins wedding because there was a ton of drama that happened with that. So I think she's really looking forward to Kyle's and mine

Double celebration tonight, birthday was yesterday and my birthday present ... the ring :heart: so cheers everyone, I'm thinking Kyle, myself and our friends are going to have one heck of a night :devil:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Well, if last night is anything like what the engagement party is going to be like, phew. Friends very excited and all but hooking an alcohol IV in us haha. Think I'm still a bit tipsy even and booze and heels don't match. Took a good fall however I did not pass out at the foot of the bed like my FIANCE did haha, I fell simply because I'm a klutz and I'm sure the alcohol didn't help but I do remember picking Kyle up off the floor (sort of, he's a big guy) and getting him into sleep clothes and into bed and I followed. A little roughed up this afternoon but still very excited about it all =] and can't wait to start the planning with my girls :heart:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kat!!

I'm sure I missed so many things as it's been awhile since I posted. Was steady on the beers, about 8 per night. Before that I changed to tequila and dt. squirt, about 4 per night. Right now, since Friday ZERO!

Change is coming if we can keep it up. My honey was in the hospital last Sun. through Thurs., oh not fun. A lot of over drinking Tgiving weekend, and well, all his life. Caught up to him. Thank goodness all the heart tests were negative (good), but the heart doc said to quit drinking. Period. Because the amount is causing his heart to spasm (my word) and he could have a stroke, even though all test look good. And then there is the matter of a swollen spleen and a not happy gall bladder.

So, home we go with those words, a low salt/cholesterol diet and added meds (1 more added to the other 2 blood pressure meds, folic acid and some B-1). So it's been dry. And we have walked 1-1/2 miles each day of the last 3 days. We NEVER do that. Hell to get old.

All is a good start, but as we lushes know, this new schedule may run into a hiccup or two in the future. But for now, trying. Bet when and if (prob when) I have my next drink down the road, it'll knock me on my *kitten*!

Hope all had a good weekend! Cheers! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Drink one for me! :laugh:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Thanks cat :smile: and so sorry about your sweetie :ohwell: hope all works out and I'm currently having a magic hat beer with a shot of whipped vodka in it so I'll make sure I enjoy it for you :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I am listening to Christmas music to try to get me in the spirit to decorate, but instead it is just pissing me off :grumble:

Heh..this cracked me up. I just finished my decorations (besides the tree..we get a real one and it's still a bit early probably next week.) I usually have a cocktail while I decorate..but for some reason I forgot. Maybe some wine later. I had a zero yesterday but that's because I was hung over. :ohwell:

Cat glad to hear your sweetie is ok..good luck with the new routine and good to see you!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    New profile pic is my ring =] :heart: