Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    awww..purty!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kat your ring is beautiful. I just love weddings. You are going to have so much fun planning.

bottle of champagned today but nothing else. Jaw is still tender.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    so much for moderation! I feel awful today, and I threw up last night. No idea how much I drank, was at a friends' house and wine kept flowing. I guess this will make it easier to avoid drinking this week. DH's office Christmas party on Thursday so there might be some wine then but I heard there is a tilapia option, not sure if I will pick it yet, I haven't seen all the menu choices yet...
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Kat: Congrats! The ring is beautiful!!

Cat- sorry to hear about your honey - hope all will be well soon

Harley - Love the name Melody-soooooo pretty!!! :happy:

Kind of a lushy weekend for me too:

Friday - 2 Bacardi & diet's
    Saturday - 3 Bacardi & diet's
    Sunday - 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio & 1 Bacardi & Diet....
    :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks my lovely lushes =] I love it, it's exactly what I wanted AND the ring size is perfect so I don't have to part with it to have it sized!! Looooots of champagne last night and a bottle of wine tonight and I still don't even feel much more than buzzed, hangovers are weird.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    What up my lushies??

0 on Monday
    0 on Tuesday
    1 hard cider on Wednesday
    I'm shooting for 0 tonight, but we're kidless, so that never bodes well. :drinker:
    Lol... well it can have its ups and downs lady! You know there is more to do when the kids are gone than just drink and it burns cals too:tongue:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I'm confused...why are you listing days and drinks? Are we trying not to drink? I thought we were embracing our inner drunk :drinker:
    Great profile pic Kitty! We try to set limits... god knows I haven't stuck to mine! Drunk posting on both fb and mfp tonight. I really miss my hubby!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    AHHHHH too many Lushy threads :laugh:
    Huh!? I'm confused! I just noticed the Group link on the tool bar and clicked on that to find there is a crap load of sub titles under the lush thread. Too much to follow!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options

Agreed!

Had toooo much wine with sushi last night BUT I got a shiny ring for my birthday! I am officially engaged! :heart: I've only told my best friend and now my lushes :smile:

Telling my Gramma tomorrow, who's been waiting for this for years now haha there will be drinks and then we're telling all our other friends Saturday at my birthday dinner and there will be champagne =] I really don't have much weight to lose if any but I would like to lock it up before we get married. Thinking another round of P90X is in the works after the New Year.
    Oh my gosh... congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you! How did he propose? I might find the answer later in the thread since I'm just now catching up for the month but oh well.. I'm so excited for you!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Agreed!

Had toooo much wine with sushi last night BUT I got a shiny ring for my birthday! I am officially engaged! :heart: I've only told my best friend and now my lushes :smile:

Telling my Gramma tomorrow, who's been waiting for this for years now haha there will be drinks and then we're telling all our other friends Saturday at my birthday dinner and there will be champagne =] I really don't have much weight to lose if any but I would like to lock it up before we get married. Thinking another round of P90X is in the works after the New Year.
    Oh my gosh... congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you! How did he propose? I might find the answer later in the thread since I'm just now catching up for the month but oh well.. I'm so excited for you!

He proposed before we went to sleep, gave me the box which is just his style =] and thank you, I'm very happy and just purchased a nice wedding organizer today. Already emailed the place I want the wedding and reception and I've never wanted to receive and email so badly haha
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Welcome newbies. Yes we like to drink but some of try to contol it some of us don't.

I hope we can focus on just this thread this month so we don't get too confused. I am still in pain and the shot of vodka I had about an hour before the vicodin really let me sleep well.

Robin... I had a customer, a old man, who told me the best cure for any illness is a Hot Toddy. He says his mom use to give him one when he was sick as a kid... could you imagine! Anyway, I tried it one day when I wasn't feeling well and was very impressed. I don't know if you have ever had one but it is Whiskey (can be sub'd with whatever you like) Hot water, lemon juice, and honey. It always takes away my pain and puts me into a nice content stage that allows me to sleep so peacefully.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Congrats Kat!! You'll have to post a pic of the shiny new bauble. :noway:

It's very stressful in the house today. I think we are cleaned out of liquor; but, that doesn't deter us from going out :sad: Where there's a will, there's a way
    I'm opposite. Without my husband I don't go out but that means the whole fifth is all mine! Took me 4 days to finish off the last one so I guess I'm doing okay but damn it I need to do better. Erin gave me that disadvantage and I don't want it to haunt me!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hello Lushes!!! Having a great night tonight, and enjoying lots of Southern Comfort and Blue Moon beers! Went to my friend's mom's cookbook launch party, and she made Southern Comfort punch....amazingly delicious!!! If anyone wants a copy of her cookbook, let me know!! Honestly, she is the best chef I have ever met. Anything she makes is GOLD! :)

Excellent Friday night. Hope everyone is doing well!!! Happy weekend to all of you wonderful lushes!! :)
    love, love, love SoCo.. how'd she make it into a punch?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Congrats Kat!!

I'm sure I missed so many things as it's been awhile since I posted. Was steady on the beers, about 8 per night. Before that I changed to tequila and dt. squirt, about 4 per night. Right now, since Friday ZERO!

Change is coming if we can keep it up. My honey was in the hospital last Sun. through Thurs., oh not fun. A lot of over drinking Tgiving weekend, and well, all his life. Caught up to him. Thank goodness all the heart tests were negative (good), but the heart doc said to quit drinking. Period. Because the amount is causing his heart to spasm (my word) and he could have a stroke, even though all test look good. And then there is the matter of a swollen spleen and a not happy gall bladder.

So, home we go with those words, a low salt/cholesterol diet and added meds (1 more added to the other 2 blood pressure meds, folic acid and some B-1). So it's been dry. And we have walked 1-1/2 miles each day of the last 3 days. We NEVER do that. Hell to get old.

All is a good start, but as we lushes know, this new schedule may run into a hiccup or two in the future. But for now, trying. Bet when and if (prob when) I have my next drink down the road, it'll knock me on my *kitten*!

Hope all had a good weekend! Cheers! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Drink one for me! :laugh:
    So sorry to hear that! I hope all the best for you guys :heart:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Thanks cat :smile: and so sorry about your sweetie :ohwell: hope all works out and I'm currently having a magic hat beer with a shot of whipped vodka in it so I'll make sure I enjoy it for you :drinker:
    Really? Beer with whipped vodka? What does it taste like? I've heard the new marshmellow vodka drop-shot'd into redbull tastes like rice krispy treats but never heard o beer and whipped vodka... is it just mixed or a drop shot too?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I have been super lushy since Tuesday, today is my first sober day.

My daugther sang this to me at her birthday eve karoake night, she turned 18 and is already to move out...I was balling for hours...it's Carrie Underwood's "Don't Forget to Remember Me"

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/carrieunderwood/dontforgettorememberme.html

You could probably you tube her singing it...get your kleenex out
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Sorry bout all the quotes but I've had too many to remember who all I wanted to reply to. I'm having one hell of a time without my husband here. The kids and I went and got the tree this afternoon. My boys (12 and 5) did most of the cutting of the tree and did a damn good job too! We got it home and started decorating and everything was going good till my husband called. I miss him so much! Obviously i can hold my own without him but I just really want him here. It really sucks that I have to take pictures of everything to send him cause he isn't here.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Oh Kim... I have 3 years till my daughter turns 18 and It just so bitter sweet. You know secretly... I've never really wanted a bigger house even though we don't have enough rooms... simply because I don't want us spread that far apart. I can't imagine my child not living with me. Careful, I might cry for you!
  • gelmong32
    Options
    I tell all of my friends about Hot Toddy's. I swear by them. It's an old cowboy cure-all...lol. The idea is to sweat out all of the bad toxins by wrapping yourself in warm blankets and sipping hot tea with lemon, honey and whiskey. My favorite cure when i feel sick. my friends think i'm nuts...
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a schmuck. I kinda like it when the husband leaves town for a little while. :ohwell: