Introduction

Options

Replies

• Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    I havent decided how I am going to split everyone up.
    I am going to make a basic spreedsheet tonight for everyone to put their current weight and age in.
    I dont know if I should go that route to keep it pretty even or if I should just randomly put people together.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a sahm of 7. only 3 still at home and i have 5 grandkids , 1 more on the way. I started mfp july 2010 and have lost 89 lbs i want to lose another 11 lbs so reach my original goal of 100 lb loss. Then i will reevaluate to see if i want to lose more. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and doing this challenge.......
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first challenge like a number of you. To be honest I've never been seriously overweight. I've just gotten lazy and got to the point last year where I was sick of hating how I looked and felt. I got up to 165 at my heaviest (I'm 5'8"). I got engaged in November 2010 and got married in August. I got down to 145 by my wedding, which was my ultimate goal but I still wasn't satisfied. Now I'm back up to about 151. I want to get to 135 and be STOKED by how I can look in a bathing suit again! Looking forward to meeting and encouraging everyone!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Katie, I'm 25. I started with the MFP app last February and then got into the online community last may. I started at 168, lost about 10...then got a new job, moved, and toppled my routine upside down for a few months!

I'm here to get out of the "overweight" range - about 7 pounds to go for that! and looking cuter in a bathing suit!

** We should defnitely have teams! Maybe by state or geographic region? That might be fun!
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    HOWDY! This is my first challenge as well. I am currently working on the Jillian Michaels 30 DS. I have always dreaded those sexy bikinis. I am only 130 lbs, but when you are not even 5'2" those 130 lbs look much bigger!! Every little pound I gain is sooo noticable! My goal is to not necessarily lose weight as much as it is to TONE UP!

I am excited to be here! The year 2012 will have A LOT of changes for me: graduating with my Master's in Occupational Therapy, getting an engagement ring (I better....), and much more! My goal is to buy a sexy dress for my graduation that I feel GOOD in!!!!!
  • Morrisbjbam
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Julie, im 32 and weigh 240 pounds. Im doing this challenge to show my kids that living a healthier life is more fulfulling. Also because when I went to cedar point last summer I was unable to ride the millineum force. That was an aweful experience, and this coming summer we are getting seasonpasses. So I want to lose what my four pregnancies did to me....the hips the pooch,the thighs and under my arms. This is my first group and I enjoy being challenged and would like to help out anyone else that I can along my journey!
    Good luck Everyone!!!!!!
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! so glad to be here, I am here because I know if there is set rules that I have to do every day/week then I am more likely to do it than if I do not have those guidelines. Plus I thought this would be super fun! I want to be able to go to the stores and buy a bathing suit and not cry as i am trying different ones on. My main issues are my stomach and thighs UGH! My boyfriend tries to push me but he fails at it a lot! So really no one pushes me but me... I am not the best at it either though... my goals are to lose 66 lbs and learn how, when, and what to eat.... not doing too bad at this but after work I crack and am starving or well just want to eat
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll!! My name is Falisha, I am currently at 196.4 lbs, I have been working really hard since February to lose as much weight as I can, I am currently running a challenge but am looking forward to doing one instead of running it. I would love to be able to, not saying I will, but still be able to wear a bikini by next summer. Also I am getting married in December next year & want to rock that wedding dress!! My family & friends really are what helps to motivate me, including my amazing mfp friends!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Well, while I am not new to the challange arena, I am all up for a new one. I enjoy the motivation that challanges bring, and it provides a good way to see how you are progressing. My biggest motivation, is to get healthy. I feel that I have a handle on several other aspects of my life, yet I struggle with my own personal health. Besides, getting healthy, my children are my biggest motivation, as I certainly want to be around for when they do all the fun things in life that happen a little later, and more seemingly when I get older. I would love to be around, healthy and present for those things.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I am 30 years old. I joined mfp in March of this year. I started out dieting for a trip to Vegas for my 30th bday. Once that came and went I fell off the wagon. lol. So I am ready to get back on it and finish what I started out to do. Right now I am at 130 (give or take) and I want to get down to about 110 or so. I look forward to this challenge and I look forward to get my butt kicked!
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my goal is to look good for my bf. Who would have thought that I would be more likely to work on myself after dating than before. lol.

I have a hard time being pushed -- but this has helped. I also want to do a full triathlon this next spring/summer. And starting in Jan, my bf and I are both getting in shape! (He had toe surgery, and pre-surgery couldn't walk well, so we both have weight to lose).
  • aprilsshowers81
    aprilsshowers81 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this too is my 1st challenge. I started with mfp a few weeks ago and I am bound and determined to keep with it. I hope to be at my goal weight by my next birthday in August. I think that this is just what I need to give myself that extra boost.

11406357.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Stephanie and I'm 24 years old. I joined this challenge because I love seeing the current Biggest Loser blog posts and thought it would be a fun challenge to do, especially since bathing suit time is right around the corner.

I've been on MFP for a few months now and have lost almost 20 pounds with it. My ultimate goal is to get down to 145, so hopefully by the time New Years rolls around, i'll break 200 and have about 55 more pounds to go!

Can't wait to start this challenge!
  • Tyffany130
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Tyffany and Im 29 years old. I joined this challenge to motivate me to live healthier and to lose weight. I weigh 170 now and wish to be 130. Im taking it 10lbs at a time though to see where I feel best. Losing enough weight to feel comfortable in a bathing suit would be wonderful!
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Well this is my first challenge and I've been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for the last year and I'm so over that! I really need the push and motivation to stick with with something regardless of what the scale says. Usually if I don't see any results I give up. I've tried P90X for 9 weeks and ended up quiting after I got really sick and only lost 4 lbs. I'm sure my eating could have been better. I took a break for 10 weeks then started Insanity and lasted 7 weeks with that and didn't lose any weight (again my eating) and found I was getting burnt out on that level of intensity. Took another break and now I'm starting JM 30DS and seriously counting my calories and so far lost 2 lbs in one week. So I want to be accountable to you all and actually stick with this through till the end. And most of all I want to feel good in my own skin once the warmer months arrive! If you will help me through this I will help you too.
  • PinkCBelle
    Options
    My goal is to be physically fit, & I'm motivated to make it happen
  • veganbabe133
    veganbabe133 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI!! I am so excited to be here! My name is Jodie, and I am a model from Saint Paul Minnesota. I am 19 and a member of this site to help monitor what I eat and to help me lose 5 pounds, which seems to be the hardest thing to do!
    I eat a lot of food but because I am a vegan its all fruits, veggies and whole grains so its ok :]
  • kvandenbush
    Options
    Hey everyone! I joined this because I have never been comfortable with wearing a swimsuit although I was a lifeguard during high school and tend to buy 2 piece bathing suits. I love the water and I love to swim, but obviously my body says to not be shown so I get real self conscious when I go swimming around others constantly thinking that they are judging me. My goal is to be able to look nice in a bathing suit and possibly even one from victoria's secret =)
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am going to use this challenge to help motivate myself to keep going on with this lifestyle change. I have about 45LBS to lose to get back the weight I used to be. I have support in my life but it's not the type of support I need. Right now I am mostly pushing myself to do this because it is something I want and I want to feel good about myself and be happy again.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I am motived by pure stubborness! I am 45 yrs old and have battled my weight my entire life. I have lost and gained the same 40-60 lbs too many times to count! I have done several diets..most with the aid of diet pills. I absoultely refuse to take another pill. I will do this on my own and on my own terms. Patience is not a virtue of mine (which is why I chose diets that included pills) but I am learning it now. I have been on this website for 2 mos now and have only lost 5.5 lbs. I have gone over my calories maybe 5 times and that is only by 200 cals or less. So this is going to take a while. I have lost over 9 inches so far. I still have a way to go to reach my goal but I plan on getting there. I really appreciate the support I have gotten from my husband and especially my MFP friends. Ya'll help more than you could ever know! I just want to be able to walk down the beach without being embarrassed...that is something I've NEVER been able to do. For the first time this about feeling good on the inside...the outside part is just a wonderful side-effect! I am currently in a challenge that will end Christmas so this one will pick right up...and pick me up too! I wish all of you the best and let's all be big losers!