Introductions

Options
ErinBEW
ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
Hi!

My name is Erin and I'm a wife of an army servicemember. We're curently stationed at Fort Benning, GA. I just started my weightloss journey on Nov 1st after having my 2nd daughter on 10/07/11. With my first daughter I hained 35 lbs total during the pregnancy and with my second I gained 22lbs. I have lost some of the weight, but am ready to focus on me and really shed the excess fluff!

I hope we can help motivate each other. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kim I''m married a sailor in 2000.hence the screen name.lol we are currently stationed in Newport RI. We have 4 boys my oldest son is 20 and recently joined the army national guards reserves but right now hes back home for a few months or so due to an injury.its been 110 days since i joined and i lost almost 30 lbs lost 10 before i found this site.my goal is to lose another 25-30 pounds..
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    hi another navy wife here, we are currantly stationed at camp pendleton. we have 2 daughters i gained 50 lbs with the first and lost 25 of them, and 30 with the second and am working on losing 50 lbs, so that i can win a bet with my husband! lol the things that motivate us:blushing:
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Sherie, and I'm an AF wife~stationed at Andrews. I smoked my last cigarette Jan. 31 2011 :) Then I quit running and doing dvds in March. I gained 23 pounds:( Not sure why I quit working out, I just got lazy I guess, but I'm back and going strong (30 days) Saturday I had my best ever 5K~33:09 (treadmill). I plan to run my old outside route (hills) on Thanksgiving to see what my road 5K is. My husband is deployed and won't be home until end of May beginning of June. I want to have a smoking hot body by then. He's on a year long deployment, then he'll be home for a year then gone for another year.
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Bridget and I am an Army Wife stationed at Fort Riley, KS.
    I am also a Special Education teacher and mom.
    I really enjoy this website and am excited to see a group of Military Wives on here.
  • pmcd430
    pmcd430 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Tricia. I'm married to an Army Guard Infantryman here in NY. I just had my second son Oct 18th. I still have about 12 pounds to lose from him, and a total of at least 30 total -- I never really recovered after my first son. I think my biggest goal is getting in shape and toning up all the fat that seems to peek out of everywhere... bra, jeans, etc. Nice to meet you all!
  • Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Randi, and an Army wife stationed at Ft. Carson, CO. :) I've recently discovered this site, and at the perfect time. I have six children ranging in ages from 13 to 2 (yes, six--not a typo!--and I'm not having anymore. LOL) I'm a former fitness junkie (lost my mojo after a really difficult pregnancy last time). I gained a ton of weight with my caboose baby, and I haven't lost any of it since she was born--two years ago!

I'm ready to get my body back--all my cute clothes from when I was fit stare at me from my closet with sad eyes, begging me to dust them off and wear them again. I also miss the ton of energy I had when I was in great shape. I have mild tonsillitis at the moment, so I'm keeping it light on the exercise this week as I recuperate. Next week, however, I will be submitting myself to Tony Horton's special brand of torture (aka P90X).

Aside from being a military wife and a mother of an inordinate number of children, I'm a writer and fledgling artist. It is my goal, one day, to be a fitness trainer as well. (I love fitness--even though I don't look like it right now.)
  • pmcd430
    pmcd430 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Randi, and an Army wife stationed at Ft. Carson, CO. :) I've recently discovered this site, and at the perfect time. I have six children ranging in ages from 13 to 2 (yes, six--not a typo!--and I'm not having anymore. LOL) I'm a former fitness junkie (lost my mojo after a really difficult pregnancy last time). I gained a ton of weight with my caboose baby, and I haven't lost any of it since she was born--two years ago!

I'm ready to get my body back--all my cute clothes from when I was fit stare at me from my closet with sad eyes, begging me to dust them off and wear them again. I also miss the ton of energy I had when I was in great shape. I have mild tonsillitis at the moment, so I'm keeping it light on the exercise this week as I recuperate. Next week, however, I will be submitting myself to Tony Horton's special brand of torture (aka P90X).

Aside from being a military wife and a mother of an inordinate number of children, I'm a writer and fledgling artist. It is my goal, one day, to be a fitness trainer as well. (I love fitness--even though I don't look like it right now.)

My dad is stationed at Ft Carson, along with my step mom, sister and brother!! Plus - I also have an infinite number of children! 2 sons belonging to me and 3 step daughters! Although I only birthed 2 of them - I still have 5 running around my house.. 6 weeks old, 5, 7, 7 (soon to be 8), and 9 (soon to be 10)! The 4 oldest are basically back to back - as soon as one has a birthday the next does. The 2 middle are both in 2nd grade. You can imagine the "joys" in my house with so many kids the same age!
  • Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My dad is stationed at Ft Carson, along with my step mom, sister and brother!! Plus - I also have an infinite number of children! 2 sons belonging to me and 3 step daughters! Although I only birthed 2 of them - I still have 5 running around my house.. 6 weeks old, 5, 7, 7 (soon to be 8), and 9 (soon to be 10)! The 4 oldest are basically back to back - as soon as one has a birthday the next does. The 2 middle are both in 2nd grade. You can imagine the "joys" in my house with so many kids the same age!

Small world! :)

I do understand some of the stuff you're dealing with. My four oldest are close in age to one another (my fourth child was born the week before my oldest's fifth birthday). My kids are 13 (girl), 11 (girl), 10 (boy), 8 (boy), 4 (girl) & 2 (girl). It's much easier now than when they were younger! LOL
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My name is Chassity and I'm also an Army Wife stationed in Fort Carson, CO! I'm actually away right now visiting with family for the rest of the month though! I'm 28 years old and have a daughter that's 4 and a son that's 1! I started MFP earlier this year and lost 10 lbs only to gain it back while we were on leave! I fell off of the wagon after that and gained even more weight due to a stressful time in my life! I'm ready now to put myself first and do this again, not only for myself but also for my kids!
  • ErinBEW
    ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My name is Chassity and I'm also an Army Wife stationed in Fort Carson, CO! I'm actually away right now visiting with family for the rest of the month though! I'm 28 years old and have a daughter that's 4 and a son that's 1! I started MFP earlier this year and lost 10 lbs only to gain it back while we were on leave! I fell off of the wagon after that and gained even more weight due to a stressful time in my life! I'm ready now to put myself first and do this again, not only for myself but also for my kids!

Hi Chassity! How do you like Carson? We just PCSed from there last year. I loved it. Welcome to the group. :)
  • Jenniferrosesmyth
    Jenniferrosesmyth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jennifer, and I am married to the love of my life who is a active duty Marine. We are stationed in Camp P, but we live down in San Diego. I started my weight loss journey a little over a year ago 10/10 after I had my first son. I started at 450 lbs. I had a difficult pregnancy that ended with a very difficult and dangerous birth. My ob at the time told me I wouldn't be able to lose weight unless I got weight loss surgery,. Between that and everything else it made me want to change my life. I have lost a lot of weight, but have struggled the last couple months. But, I have found my motivation again to continue my journey. I look forward to getting to know you ladies.
  • Jdubmarie
    Jdubmarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jessica and an army national guard fiance (hope it's ok) and we are in Oklahoma. He is currently deployed in Afghanistan with the Oklahoma 45th Infantry and should be back next spring. Our wedding is next June and I'm looking to lose at least 20 pounds by February when I get my dress fitted. Plus I want to look hot when my fiance gets home :)
  • nichole883
    nichole883 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nichole. I've been in myfitnesspal forever, I think, but just recently started participating in the message boards. My husband is in the Army and we are stationed at Fort Hood, TX, but we are PCSing to Italy soon. I'm 28 and have 2 girls who are 1 and 4. I've lost over 50 pounds since giving birth to my second child, but still would like to lose about 30 more. I've been really struggling since my husband returned from deployment at the end of August, but I'm trying to get back on track!
  • meredithashton
    meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

My name is Meredith and I am a newly-wed to my wonderful husband who is currently serving in the US Coast Guard in New Jersey. Sadly, I am continuing schooling in Boston to be a dermatologist while he is away, but I really want to get super-fit for the rare occasions when he can come home! It is so nice to have a group like this where we can all bond. I am so jealous of you all that get to live with your husbands! =) I totally love motivating people and checking out everyones food journals and such, so feel free to friend request me!! It is nice to meet you all!
  • KelLifts
    KelLifts Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Kelly... Mom to 5... Married to a Sailor. Went through the whole thing with him.... currently we are in Wa.. he is deployed so I figured a great time to lose the extra padding and look all sexy for homecoming. Although.... the day to day with the 5 kiddos takes a lot out of me. I started Insanity this week on Monday... and so far it is going good. I just hope I can stick with it.... Anyway... so glad there is a military wives group. :)
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I have three kids and my husband is a Marine who began (forced into) recruiting in June. We were just married in April. I quit my very secure (loved it) job and moved the kids and myself all the way across country two months ago. I see my husband maybe a half day on Sundays.

Anyhow, on top the all the newness for everyone, I'm brand new to the whole military concepts as well. I was very fit and active until I moved, which coincided with me making it to maintence for my weight. Now all I want to do is eat (I'm an emotional eater, and I stay at home so close to all the food). I've been doing weight training the past threee months, and last week discovered I have a hip labral tear. So that adds a new challenge.

Gosh that sounds like venting. Didn't intend it too. Hopefully with the support from you guys, since I'm not near a base, I won't feel so alone in my challenges. Thanks.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a Marine wife, been married 7.5 years, together almost 10. We met when he was on MSG duty in Nigeria and we were married in Slovenia right as he finished his term on MSG. He recently did the WO program and we are now in New Bern, NC, stationed at Bogue Field/Cherry Point.

I have two kids, a girl who's nearly 6, a boy just over 1, and I stay home with them. I'm originally from England and I gained weight after we got engaged and gained even more weight when we moved to the USA. I have lost/gained the same 20-30lbs over the last 7 years, but I'm trying to get down to my ultimate gw, 120 or less which is what I was when I met my husband. I have been logging here for about 3 weeks and am down just over 6lbs down. i'm only 5ft tall so weight shows on me really easy.

I love to dance. I was a teacher and student in International Style ballroom and latin in England before I left and since we came to the States, I've not been able to do it again until now. I have been taking private lessons and doing whatever (cheap) group classes I can come up with the cash for and have rediscovered my love of dancing. I auditioned for an ensemble role in a community theater production of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels last week and I am pretty certain I am in as a major dancer and there's a possibility I have a role as Jolene as well(!) which would be a big shock as I went to the audition very unprepared but decided to try it anyway :)

can't wait to get to know you all and support eachother's weightloss here.
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi...my name is Karena. Married to a Army National Guard MP....we currently live in Missouri. I had our first daughter in Feb of '09 (gained 25lbs) and our second in Dec of '09 (don't even want to know how much I gained lol). After having our kids the weight just piled on and piled on. We are going though our first deployment and I realized I have to do something about my weight. I have lost 52lbs since my MP left on Aug 1st. Still have about 46lbs to go...which I hope to lose before R&R in April. My biggest motivation is to see my husband jaw drop when he see me running to him at the airport :)
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Welcome Karena.
  • LexxyV
    LexxyV Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! How goes it?

My name is Lexxy- army wife- been married to my soldier for almost 4 years now- known him since the 6 th grade :smile: we have a furry baby, and 1 son ( my step son) Currently in Savannah Georgia and Hunter Army Airfield.

Was so glad to find this group for military wives :happy:

Hoping to lose weight and become healthy - planning on adding to the family but need to take care myself first- I weighed 230pounds now I am 208 pounds. I eat primal/ paleo and love it!

Can't wait to get to know everyone!