Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• graysie99
    Options
    Hi Guys

Have been all over the place last few weeks - but finally I can concentrate on the matter in hand, weightloss!

Sorry to mess you around Tim with the missed and then late weight details - weight this week 348lbs.

Cheers

Graeme
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hi Gents,
    I must admit that I am rather proud of all of you. Despite it being the Holiday season, we are pretty much holding our own or even losing. The top 15 guys this week lost a total of over 40 pounds. That is incredible. 9 of those pounds came from StevLL all by himself. I salute you.

I had to drop one name off the list but we picked up one new one. He is fitPhil2011. some of you may remember Phil from the original Men on a Mission thread. He took a little break but is now back in full swing.

Also, I made a new thread called "Funnies" in our Group. Thought I would post a guy related joke every once in a while. I hope these don't offend anyone and would love to see some of your jokes.

Well, without further ado, here is this week's chart.

week9.jpg
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Gents,
    I must admit that I am rather proud of all of you. Despite it being the Holiday season, we are pretty much holding our own or even losing. The top 15 guys this week lost a total of over 40 pounds. That is incredible. 9 of those pounds came from StevLL all by himself. I salute you.

I had to drop one name off the list but we picked up one new one. He is fitPhil2011. some of you may remember Phil from the original Men on a Mission thread. He took a little break but is now back in full swing.

Also, I made a new thread called "Funnies" in our Group. Thought I would post a guy related joke every once in a while. I hope these don't offend anyone and would love to see some of your jokes.

week9.jpg
    You put me down as gaining weight. I lost weight this week. o.o
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! Tim that personal challange has helped me a lot, plus I'm really pushing it with the DS30. That is a buttkicker, but it is working. Day 7 and I can do all of her level one and sopme of the level two, but I think it's a big part of kickin the metabolism back up. Going to try and lift heavy again starting this week. The week before DS30 I pyramided up to 250 for five reps on my squats and it was like finding a lost friend to hit the weight heavy and push through. Let's do this guys! I'm gonna make an all out challange to the group!!!! Push me off number one. I think I can do at least 3 or 4lbs this week. Come get me! Roarrrr, cough kkkk, meow!!!:bigsmile: :noway: :laugh:
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Those of you with 4 week program challenge to lose weight by New Years results are updated in the Christmas goal topic of this group. Thanks to Tim for full group update!
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Haha Stev that's an awesome result. Most I've ever lost is 6lbs.

This group really keeps to spur me on!! Especially over Christmas! Let's hold each other accountable!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hi Gents,

week9.jpg
    You put me down as gaining weight. I lost weight this week. o.o

Hey Freax, my apologies. I didn't see your update and left you in the white section.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    I was starting to get bored on the treadmill. We don't have a television in this room and if we did, it would be on the wrong wall. So, I fabbed a bracket to hold my laptop with some steel stock and now I can go for longer walks. Works great, did 70 minutes last night. Love Netflix:)

IMAG0261.jpg
  • djsysstem
    Options
    Hahaha, Tim, you read my mind. Here's the setup I've been using for the past week - iPad 2 with streaming Netflix :)

IMG_20111213_140843.jpg
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Those pictures are classic love it.

On a serious note, was scrambling around this morning to make my train, grabbed a pair of pants out of the closet then realized they were a 40 waist (an older pair) and thought what the hell let's see how far I am from fitting. While a little tight I could actually get them on and do them up. Although the belt I have looked horrible on them because the belt was looser than the pants. It looks like I might be getting some use out of clothes I haven't been able to fit into for a few years.
  • djsysstem
    Options
    Joe, that's amazing! I've had the similar problem lately. My 36 size jeans are loose on me and even tightening belt is helping.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Tim and my fellow MoaM Challenge friends:

The weekends following this upcoming one will both be holiday weekends. With all the "busy-ness" that goes along with this time of year, this coming Sunday will probably be my last weigh-in until after the New Year. I just wanted to give you a heads-up so I wouldn't be taken off the list for missing 2 weeks. I'm still very much in this Challenge, and still doing everything in my power to remain healthy during this time of year. Please keep me added to the list, I will likely check in again around the weekend of the 7/8 of January.

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to all my bros out there! Keep on losin' to win, my brothers! :)

Tim (the "other" Tim!) :)
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Tim and my fellow MoaM Challenge friends:

The weekends following this upcoming one will both be holiday weekends. With all the "busy-ness" that goes along with this time of year, this coming Sunday will probably be my last weigh-in until after the New Year. I just wanted to give you a heads-up so I wouldn't be taken off the list for missing 2 weeks. I'm still very much in this Challenge, and still doing everything in my power to remain healthy during this time of year. Please keep me added to the list, I will likely check in again around the weekend of the 7/8 of January.

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to all my bros out there! Keep on losin' to win, my brothers! :)

Tim (the "other" Tim!) :)

No worries on getting dropped from the list. Your commitment and dedication over the months has been inspiring. I look at some of these tickers and it just pushes me to want to reach that same goal. Merry Christmas to you also.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Those pictures are classic love it.

On a serious note, was scrambling around this morning to make my train, grabbed a pair of pants out of the closet then realized they were a 40 waist (an older pair) and thought what the hell let's see how far I am from fitting. While a little tight I could actually get them on and do them up. Although the belt I have looked horrible on them because the belt was looser than the pants. It looks like I might be getting some use out of clothes I haven't been able to fit into for a few years.

I've also dropped several sizes and had to put a bunch of extra notches in my belt since joining MFP. It is a great feeling. It's been too long for me since my last NSV so I guess I better step it up. Congrats to you!!!
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Checking in -
    LW 192.4
    CW 189.9
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I may as well check in because who knows how I will feel tomorrow. Got a Christmas party in 1 hour and heading out with a female friend to it. Almost to where I want to be. This morning TODAAY!!! 253. I don't remember when I ever saw that number it was years ago. Hopefully I won't blow it with alcohol and food but today is my day off. I have busted my *kitten* all week, and will bust it all next week. But today is whatever.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays if you celebrate something different.
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LW: 229.8 (12/12/11)
    CW: 228.6 (12/17/11)
    Lost: 1.2
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    lww 254
    cww 253

All the end of year projects coming due at work is making it very challenging to keep on my eating schedule and get to the gym.
    It is frustrating that other people's failure to plan intelligently is interfering with my goals.
  • smarterthanyoda
    Options
    LWW: 266.4
    CWW: 262.6

Lost 4.8

Back on track after last week's hiccup. In other news, I've passed from morbidly obese to just obese. Hey, it's progress.
  • cnweiss88
    cnweiss88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have to post a gain for this week.

LW 194.6 lbs
    CW 195.8 lbs

GAIN 1.2 lbs

It is is no excuse, but I am in an exam period and haven't been getting to the gym or preparing my own food the way I'd like to--in short, I am not particularly surprised with the gain. My last exam is tomorrow, so I will have no excuse not to hit the gym. I do have my New Year's Challenge to live up to....

Everyone else, good job!