Did You Work Out At Curves Today?

Options

Replies

• Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and my town would probably be closer to 3,000 than 30,000......just lucky to have a Curves at all!!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :noway: I think maybe all Curves have weird hours.
    Ours is open 5:45a-1:00p and 3:00p-7:00p on M-W-F
    (we close at 6:30 on Fridays)
    6:00a-1:00p and 3:30p-7:00p on Tues and Thursday
    8:00a--12 Noon on Saturday.
    If I remember right, the hours were similar at the Curves in Las Vegas.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    LJ - Ours has the same hours as yours except they open @ 7 on M-W-F's and 8 - 11 on Saturday. It would be nice if all Curves had the same hours across the board.
  • Darlis
    Options
    I think that would be geat if they all had similar hours at least. I wish mine opened early so I could get my workout in before work! I am an early morning person and working out early would be great for me, but I will see them this evening about 6:00 pm!!!
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    On a roll! When I go today it will be 10 workouts this month so far! Whoo-hoo! I haven't reached 12 in a month for a while so I'm loving getting back on track! :D
  • Darlis
    Options
    Yep....got my workout in on my lunch break!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I usually work out first thing in the morning, but today could not go until this afternoon. Burned 402 Calories, and had the Best work out - according to the Curves Kiosk - that I have had in a LONG time!!
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Way to go Ladies. I worked out today and I'm still sore. On most of the machines I couldn't hit green. Hoping tomorrow will be better.
  • susantrainque
    Options
    Didn't get to go today...no babysitter..hopefully tomorrow! Since I have joined I really have been feeling better. I like working out after I drop my grandsons 4 and 6 which we are raising off at school in the morning. Any ideas what to eat before a workout...not much of a breakfast person...been drinking Slimfast 123 and seems to be working...thank you all for your support!
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Today's workout was much better. I was hitting green on all but a few machines. I hate when my PI increases significantly and I can't achieve green. Oh well.

Susan - you can have a protein shake or a piece of whole wheat toast and egg. For me, when I workout in the morning, I will have my oatmeal and cup of coffee and then after my workout a protein shake. I will eat at least 1 1/2 hours before my workout because I don't like a full feeling while working out. Stick with the Slimfast if it's working for you.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Today was my 'Alternate' Day, so I just walked on the Recovery Boards at Curves. I did do a few repetitions on the machines this afternoon when I was showing 2 New Members how to do the workout.
    Walked a total of 6.5 miles without ever going outside, LOL!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :laugh: Worked out - Yes!!
    Walked to Curves like I USUALLY do on Saturday?
    It was 22 degrees and windy!! I almost Froze to death walking across the Parking Lot for Pete's sake!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yep, worked out at Curves, then I walked over to Conoco which is actually only 2 minutes from the door of Curves. By walking around the perimeter of both parking lots I made it take 7 minutes. Bought Coffee for my Breakfast at home (no it wasn't 'Healthy' but it was DELICIOUS!!).
    Then after I checked my e-mail and posted a few things I took the "Direct Route" to 7-11 for a second cup of coffee before work. It took 8 minutes and I figured it would take that long to go through a Drive Thru anyway.
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Lj - WTG and you saved money on gas. My Curves is about .5 miles from my home, so as soon as it starts to warm up, I'll be walking every day.

I worked out this evening and for some reason I can't seem to get the one machine where you bring your arms together in front of your chest to turn green....it's very frustrating and has been that way for a week now.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: I think that one is the 'Pec-Dec' and it is REALLY hard! It is one of the last machines we got and I was thinking I would LOVE it. Once we got it, I realized that I really don't like it at all, LOL!!
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    I haven't worked out in 2 weeks, been really sick and didn't want to spread the germs. feeling alot better so may do today or start back tomorrow
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: Glad that you are feeling better, Pixy!! I know your Curves has missed you!
    :smile: I worked out this morning, and will be walking back down there (weather permitting!!) to work the Afternoon Shift.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Today is my 'Alternate' Day so I didn't work out at Curves. But I did go to Curves and walked almost 4 miles on the Recovery Boards. It is so much more Fun to walk inside out of the Cold and Wind, and where you can talk with each other without worrying about how fast or slow each person moves.
    :happy: I will work the Afternoon Shift at Curves, then hopefully go to Anytime Fitness and ride their Bike this evening.
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did work out last night...first Zumba then my full Circuit workout...I also went this morning before work! Yay!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Made it just in timeto get in a Curves Smart work out before they closed. Burned 412 calories!! And only ONE Yellow Dot, Zero Residual.