Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

What does eveyone do for Breakfast?

Options
I normally start the day with a bowl of cereal, low fat milk and yogurt.
But I'm wondering what other people might have?

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked at the moment on Be Natural porridge, which I best like with soy milk.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    At work, I usually have oats (with water), honey and cinnamon... Also like oats with some fruit (blueberries, peaches, anything really)... Or Special K and Rice Milk on weekends or some eggs of some sort and rye toast... nom nom.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am usually racing out the door so a sllice of toast and promite often does it.

On weekends I try and have a couple of weetbix or scrambled eggs with chilli.
  • desertpea
    desertpea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love my 'Protein 1st' Cereal but I toggle between that and a multi-grain muffin with (low fat) cottage cheese and smoked salmon. If I eat out - I usually have poached eggs on wholemeal plus tomato or spinach or mushrooms.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm a cereal guy too. I like the superfoods cereals too. I normally have the Protein 1st with a handful of nuts seeds and dried fruit, but I had the Heart 1st this morning for the first time and its pretty good too. I usually cycle this with 3 weetbix & half a banana. On the weekends I'll have the occasional pancake or bacon & eggs brekkie.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Usually two hard boiled eggs. I find if I have carbs for breakfast I eat more during the day.
  • pinky_b
    pinky_b Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bircher museli and fruit. It's gooey oaty-ness rocks my world and keeps me full till lunch. No snacking woop woop !
  • losethepuku
    Options
    I'm way out of the box here.. gluten and dairy intolerant!! Which makes normal breakfast foods nigh on impossible.. I can manage oats but never gotten into the taste of them unless it's the depths of winter.

So I chow down some brown rice salad and gluten free chicken sausages (the mini ones) - it's weird at first but having a solid base for my day has made it easier for me to lose weight.
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I cant stand eating first thing in the morning so i have a slimshake instead. Its better than nothing.
  • xxoNikkioxx
    xxoNikkioxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sultana Bran. I know it's not the best option, but I love the stuff!
  • Omi_16
    Omi_16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg with two slices of wholemeal toast with a smear of avocado. Nom nom nom!!!
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Just Right Clusters and 5 grains, 1/2 cup Full Cream Milk and half a banana
  • SerenityNow76
    SerenityNow76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to love cereal ie. Just Right or Special K, for breaky but have broken the habit since most are so high in sugar. Now I mostly alternate between 1/2 a cup of oats made into porridge topped with 1/2 a cup of blueberries and a splash of milk, baked beans on wholemeal toast, poached egg on toast or mighty mite on toast. Each of these choices keeps me full until lunch time.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Omelettes are nutritious and filling!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Weetbix with boiling water most days but when I cycle to work I have oats. Weekends may be scrambled eggs.
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weet Bix with a tsp of sugar and semi skim milk.
    I just love milk!

Though I think it's healthier to eat eggs for breakfast.

Where is the sugary milky goodness though!?
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    it really depends on what time i get up as to what i eat..

some days its a runny yolk fried egg on 12 grain toast (really need to start boiling them!), a slim shake of some sort or a glass of milk and milo if i get up really early or too late to have a normal brekkie.
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Weetbix with milk and blueberries, a banana and a glass of milk. Occasionally I'll do scrambled eggs.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Ham and cheese toastie. LOVE IT.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    when I break my fast it is with:
    oats
    cocoa
    cinnamon
    PB&co dark choc dreams